Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transfer Case > Transfer Cases > Advanced Adapters Transfer case Linkage bracket

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Advanced Adapters Transfer case Linkage bracket Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Transfer Cases Next Product

Advanced Adapters Transfer case Linkage bracket

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $30.00
Average Price: $27.70
Manufacturer: Advanced Adapters
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

This bracket removes the linkage from the body and places it on the transfer case where it should have been all along. Install takes about 2.5 hours and the final result is a better shifting transfer case.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

CharlieHo

Get Savvy
CharlieHo's Reviews
11-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Price: $35.00
Pros: Cheap solution for linkage misalignment
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this without dropping my skid, that was a PITA!

The included 3/8" hardware was the wrong pitch, I ended up making my own studs.

After a few months of use... Yes this bracket works, but, I will be upgrading to the Novak cable system soon.

Chuck_WeZy
Chuck_WeZy's Reviews
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Allows me to shift properly after a suspension and body lift.
Cons: Does require a bit of bending and work, not bolt on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good quality and never gives me any issues. Does require bending up the linkage yourself but if you really can't heat and bend a rod of metal to roughly the same shape as a guide then Jeeping isn't really for you. Jeeps probably should have never had the linkage mounted to the body anyways.

nottusyeroc
nottusyeroc's Reviews
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: fixed problem
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i can shift my trans case

bairy
bairy's Reviews

12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Price: $32.99
Pros: Cheaper than almost all others Nickel Plated Came with the extras for the "incase"
Cons: Directions could have had bigger &better pictures for beginning mechanics. Really...what is the added cost? There are better write-ups online
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the Advance Adapters bracket yesterday on a friends jeep and it was great.
  1. Dropped the belly pan
  2. Removed the 4 bolts on the transmission tunnel after peeling the carpet back
  3. Removed stock bracket and moved the bushing to the advanced bracket
  4. Removed two nuts off the transfercase (gearwrench made this easy)
  5. Inserted bracket between the stock one and the transfer case and replaced the nuts
  6. re-did the last step because I realized I needed to insert the jackshaft rod into the new bracket before installing
  7. Adjusted linkage
  8. ENJOY!

Install was really easy and no more binding with mismatched drivetrain/body height. Cutting or grinding /welding the bracket to fit more applications would be really easy. I did not need to use the extended studs.

93ZJ_5.2_ca
93ZJ_5.2_ca's Reviews
08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Price: $39.00
Pros: great quailty
Cons: needed to be shaved for extra clearance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: thanks!!

petegall79
petegall79's Reviews
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Price: $32.00
Pros: Gets the linkage OFF the tub
Cons: None for the price!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was easy. Only complaints are my non-dainty fingers and arms.

Did NOT have to extract the studs and use the ones provided. I have a 2006 X TJ. It's black and shiny too.

Realigning the t-case shifter was not difficult. It'll be required unless... well, it'll be required. Manually dropped into 4Lo with the retaining bolt loose, put shifter into same, and then tightened bolt. Shift action is smooth afterward.

clety
clety's Reviews
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: nice
Cons: ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: now you can buy this bracket or you can just make one like i did if you have experience in fabracation and welding..

zachjf
zachjf's Reviews
08-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Price: $38.00
Pros: removes shifter pivot point from the body, tightened up shift feel and precision
Cons: removing factory studs to install longer ones was a bit of a pain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Once you get over the initial frustration of having to pull the 2 factory studs out to install the included longer ones the install is relatively easy and worth the effort. The bracket is pretty much bulletproof and I'd go as far as saying over built but it does the trick without any of the pivot point drop bracket nonsense that most body lifts include to "band aid" a defective factory design. Install took me about 1 1/2hrs from start to finish with basic hand tools. Lastly, spend the money and buy a new shift bushing kit when you do the swap, its cheap and new parts make all the difference

ScottHarr_TJ

ScottHarr_TJ's Reviews

03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Price: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No more Knocking! im happy with it and it beats the 200 bucks for the novak

Zennashton
Zennashton's Reviews

09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Price: $29.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well worth the time spent to install. Removes the problem ridden body mount linkage.