Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transfer Case > SYE Kits > Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts 231 Super-Duty Tail Shaft Conversion

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts 231 Super-Duty Tail Shaft Conversion Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product SYE Kits Next Product

Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts 231 Super-Duty Tail Shaft Conversion

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $462.39
Manufacturer: Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts
Recommended?
Yes: 21 / No: 0

Slip Yoke Eliminator, SYE, Tail Shaft Conversion, Fixed Yoke Kit,.... Call it whatever you want...If you want the Strongest & Most Versatile Kit Available, This is the Kit for You!

This conversion kit accepts the widest variety of drive shaft sizes and types.

Similar to most other heavy duty conversions but is made to run our unique flange. This allows for the installation of drive shafts in a 1210, 1310, 1330 & 1350 series drive shaft with a conventional two joint or CV (Double Cardan) drive shaft. The kit also allows you to use a 1410 series conventional two joint drive shaft. All without ever having to change the flange!

Who knows where your vehicle will evolve? With our conversion, you’re not limited to one drive shaft size or type. This flange also allows for the convenient mounting of a park brake rotor if you ever need or want.

WE GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL NEVER BREAK THE OUTPUT SHAFT OR FLANGE!
This is an unheard of guarantee! If your Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shaft 231 Super-Duty output shaft or output flange ever breaks as a result of excessive torque or shock load, we will replace the broken parts or refund the price of the conversion, and we will also pay you $100!*
WE’RE THAT CONFIDENT!

http://www.4xshaft.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

AJeep

AJeep's Reviews

01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Easy install for DIY, no more drive line vibes, and gets my belly back up
Cons: I cant think of any, just gota bite the built and get it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered my AA SYE kit, and Tomwoods DS from Savvy Offroad. Great customer service and quick shipping. Mention the JeepForum and get the discount. The kit comes complete with easy to follow instructions. I have no more drive line vibes and got rid of my TC drop which gave me back my ground clearence. I left the transfercase in the jeep which was nice. I had an extra helper, just in case it was needed. It went smooth, we took our time and had it done in about 4 hours. That includes taking a lunch break. Its gota be the best upgrade so far!

thegladiator
thegladiator's Reviews
09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Price: $575.00
Pros: heavy duty
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tom Woods CDS Worked well with me over the phone due to deployment to Iraq. Haven't been able to drive the Jeep yet but I think from what folks back home have told me that the SYE kit and drive shaft are top notch.

joebrehun
joebrehun's Reviews
08-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $522.00
Pros: No more Vibrations!
Cons: Slip rings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome kit. recommend removing Trans Case, it makes it much easier

Greenxj

Greenxj's Reviews
07-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: looks good whent on good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product to have

ROWA

ROWA's Reviews
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Eliminate driveshaft bind. Ease of installation.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tom Wood's was easy to work with.

Sinner95yj
Sinner95yj's Reviews
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Price: $558.00
Pros: everything was brand new custom made to order.
Cons: requires an extremely high level of patience if you don't have the correct set of snap ring pliers.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with detailed instructions. Man on the phone was very knowledgeable. Product arrived on the day they said it would and included free shipping.

Cassafrass

Cassafrass's Reviews
10-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Nice and custom
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really, really like this drive shaft. Noticed a huge difference when i switched over. Would recommend any of tom woods shafts.

D-Rob
D-Rob's Reviews
08-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: NO MORE VIBRATIONS...was blowing thru u joints like it was my job. So smooth...gotta do it.
Cons: None...the jeep runs like a charm now!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Killer set up and real happy. I only put on a rubicon 2.5" lift and got much more than 2.5...at least 3.5. Put on Xeon flat flares...so much room...the 32s look too small. Need to get 33s so probably putting the 32s on the market.

06TJfototkr

06TJfototkr's Reviews
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Pros: stronger, more durable, easy to install
Cons: the price, only because I hated having to pay for such a cost and having my Jeep down for 2 weeks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After blowing up my stock shafts, I went with Tom Wood for the SYE. Him and his company are great to deal with and I have faith that his products won't break as easy.

ritjobbie

ritjobbie's Reviews
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Same install as any SYE. Super strong flange, brand new (not reman) mainshaft.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I paid for the cheapest TW reman SYE kit, but they were out and sent me this instead. Holy cow, what a deal!

Buy yourself a serious pair of lockring pliers. It will make the install so much easier. Also, the new shaft's splines are super nicely cut. This made it really hard to get the oil pump on because everything had to be lined up PERFECTLY. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just an installation note. I had to re-RTV my TC a few times after not being able to get the oil pump on the shaft.

This is probably the best and strongest SYE kit on the market. The 32-spline shaft is beefy, the rear housing is stout and nicely machined, and the kit came with everything you need except tools and RTV. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, even at full price. =)

Jeep_bones
Jeep_bones's Reviews

04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great customer service and the kit was relatively easy to install with good instructions.

oOEVIDENCEOo
oOEVIDENCEOo's Reviews

01-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok but still got vibes not to happy hope to find out if anything i can do about it

Steve2237
Steve2237's Reviews

01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Price: $670.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................

BigDeaner
BigDeaner's Reviews

12-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .................................................. ......

Snottus
Snottus's Reviews

10-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The SYE kit along with the new shaft makes for a smooth ride. The installation was surprisingly easy - Did it with the t-case still in the car, and along with Tom's instructions it all went as easy as pie.

RVA_TJ06
RVA_TJ06's Reviews

06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good driveshaft. very durable, would recommend. got it and the AA sye kit freewith my lift kit.

Samgler

Samgler's Reviews

04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice

discomonkey
discomonkey's Reviews

04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a Tom Woods Come On lol

SuperGlueHero
SuperGlueHero's Reviews

04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Price: $259.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed

txjeep103
txjeep103's Reviews

04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Pros: simple install, works like a charm
Cons: none to speak of!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, quick shipping, easy install. what more could you ask for? before i installed this kit, i had really bad vibes from 55 mph and above, but now i can go 90 and not feel a thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »