10K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Newtons3 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $225
Rating 4
Average Price $179.47
Manufacturer PORC
Recommended Yes: 18 / No: 0

HD sye kit designed for all 231 Jeep transfer case's! Include's 32 spline HD main shaft, 1310 cv yoke and detailed instruction's!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $175
Rating 4
Pros Affordable, great quality
Cons Not very complete directions
Recommended yes

Comments: Very easy to install and complete kit. Directions didnt say anythign about taking out the races for my gear thingy to be able to slide on, nor did it say anythign about me having to shorten my shift fork shaft. Besides that, its working perfectly.

#3 ·
Rating 4
Pros Attractive Price, Beefy Parts, Good Finish
Cons None Yet
Recommended yes

Comments: I just finished install of mine Last Night, I had to wait on mine for delivery and both of your issues are now called out in the directions. (I had to remove my bearings too!) Overall I am very pleased with what I got for the price ($425 WITH Driveshaft) Now to go put some miles on it for a REAL test.

#5 ·
Price $169.99
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice product for the price. Minor issues: The output seal with the kit leaked from day one. Replaced seal with a CR 18662 from Napa. On mine the casting has tiny porous spot that required a dab a JB weld to stop the seep.

#12 ·
Price $169.99
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: The SYE installed easily and without any issues. My only complaint of this product was the poor instructions. Some have mentioned that the rear seal may leak in short order, I'll have to wait and see if that holds true.

#14 ·
Price $200
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great kit with fantastic directions!Installation was no problem. I recomend them highly!

#15 ·
Price $170
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: No leaks, high quality heavy duty and better price than avanced adapters. Just cover your bases and do your research so you know what you are doing before you open up the TC and install is easy.

#16 ·
Price $185
Pros fast shipping, good quality stuff
Cons instructions could have more details
Recommended yes

Comments: i got free shipping, and had it in two days. it went in fairly simple, it just took me a while. i was having trouble putting the chain on, i called porc up and they told me the easy way to get it in. the instructions could have been a little more detailed but with jeepforum it didnt really matter.

#18 ·
Price $159
Pros cost, decient quality
Cons not great reputation for leaks
Recommended yes

Comments: I read tons of write ups befor I dared this install. I heard it takes a couple hours but I took 8. I was being slow so to get it right but it still leaks... but not from the rear output like every one has complained of.

#19 ·
Price $149.95
Pros Excellent quality. Identical to more expensive kits.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: I was skeptical of this because of the price, but when I received it I realized it was identical to the more expensive kits. All of the bearings were good quality. The install went very smoothly. Everything works exactly as it should. I will definitely be buying two more for my other two projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.