Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transfer Case > SYE Kits > J.B. Conversions Inc. NP231 HD w Super Short SYE

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

J.B. Conversions Inc. NP231 HD w Super Short SYE Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product SYE Kits Next Product

J.B. Conversions Inc. NP231 HD w Super Short SYE

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,025.00
Average Price: $487.17
Manufacturer: J.B. Conversions Inc.
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

The NP231HD is built with every possible strength upgrade including all that is available through the aftermarket and original equipment manufacturer (NVG). We begin with a bare, empty case and fill it with new components consisting of the following:

Wide chain (genuine Borg-Warner Morse)
Wide-tooth main sprocket and front output shaft
Heavy Duty SYE kit with 32 spline output shaft
6 pinion planetary gear set
Choice of input gear spline (21, 23, 27, 29 or 32 spline)
New bearings, seals, small parts, filter pickup, thrust washers, etc.
No front driveshaft modifications are required: reuse existing front output yoke
The 231HD is a direct, bolt-in replacement for any Dodge or Jeep NP231 transfer case. Bolt patterns and shifting patterns are the same as your original unit. Vacuum actuated front axles are also accommodated.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

photontraveler

Old Dude
photontraveler's Reviews
12-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: tough...............I like the electronic speedo setup
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome, well made product............Matched it up with a tom wood driveshaft and could not be happier.

robert_hollis

robert_hollis's Reviews
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: super short
Cons: electronic speedo
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine opened, but new from another JFer, and installed it to go along with my Jeep's tummy tuck (Spring/Summer 2010). it is definitely super short, and it was surprisingly easy to install. I did all the work by myself in a couple of hours out on the road in front of my house. No issues with it, yet. Because it's so short, they had to do away with the gear driven speedo, and replace it with an electronic one. All this means is that I'll have to buy a programmer for my speedo to keep it accurate, if I ever bump up to big tires.

onlyn8v
onlyn8v's Reviews
09-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Fit and finish is superb, product support is second to none.
Cons: Instructions could use some better illustrations
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a expertly designed product. After sale support is insane also. I am really glad I made the decision to purchase this product.

Burlbook48

Burlbook48's Reviews

01-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Superior product, easy install, but the installation instructions need better pictures. It's a HUGE improvment over the non-SYE, and drivetline vibrations are a thing of the past.

brownmice
brownmice's Reviews

10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product. Instaalled about 2yrs ago and havn't had a problem. Bought the t-case compmlete with sye.Haven't snapped a u-joint yet.Used to snap them every three weeks.

JeepRocks86

Some Call me RockDog
JeepRocks86's Reviews

09-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The JB super short kit is very strong and it is top notch in quality.

The only problem is it seems to leak a little bit at the bearing.

It was installed in the spring of 2005

zeke6785

zeke6785's Reviews

06-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works real smooth and shifts over really nice and the SYE is amazing off road...recomned it

jeffmurr
jeffmurr's Reviews

05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Goes into four wheel drive smooth and easy it is strong and steady and works like a tank. it came with the transmission and also came with the original drive shaft.

tjthomps
tjthomps's Reviews

03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Price: $1,025.00
Pros: Part time 4wd and solid design, great folks to work with.
Cons: Shift lever modifications required for WJ no specs provided
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My mechanic installed it, he said it fit just great but for the shift lever modification which we knew, because of research, would require modification and use of the 247 shift lever if we wanted to use the stock shifter, which I did want to do.

Unfortunately, we could not find the specific dimensions for that modification. But, even after all that, we didn't record the dimensions either. So now we know why it was hard to find the dimensions.

We connected it with two Tom Wood's double cardan drive shafts with their 1310 series U-Joints at both the T-Case and Differential. The necessary yokes were purchased from Tom Wood as well. The T-Case came with no front yoke.

We used a 2.5" rear shaft with standard spline (extended life spline was unavailable from Tom Wood in the 2.5" shaft) and a 2" front shaft with extended life spline.

Having "grown up" working for a Fortune 5 company, I have no tolerance for deviation from acceptable customer service. Given that, Both J.B. Conversion and Tom Wood were "good folk" to work with, and Iím not a mechanic.

Iím looking forward to testing this all out.