Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transfer Case > SYE Kits > Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product SYE Kits Next Product

Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $875.00
Average Price: $498.62
Manufacturer: Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods
Recommended?
Yes: 58 / No: 0

This kit is a Slip Yoke Eliminator from Advanced Adapters and a new Tom Woods Drive Shaft.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Richd1963

Richd1963's Reviews

03-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Price: $490.00
Pros: Outstanding reputation.
Cons: can't think of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was packaged well and the Tow Woods drive shaft was lubed up and ready to drop in.

The AA SYE shaft was nicely machined and all components fit perfectly and went together like they should.

Thank you Oconee Off Road for great service and speedy shipping as well as great price!!

JohnyPro

JohnyPro's Reviews
02-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Quick Install, easy to use
Cons: nada
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its an easy to intall kit, especially with a buddy who knows his ins and outs of t-cases! Beefy shaft! Can't wait to get out an use it!

mmkcmoore
mmkcmoore's Reviews
02-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: works great does everything it says and makes it much stronger and fixes driveline angles
Cons: intructions suck.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install and put together just have to look up a write up on it becuase intstructions suck but the product is amazing. i recomend buying this.

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Pros: Allows for more lift, double cardon drive shaft
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good product and easy to install. The directions are very thorough so someone who has never taken apart a t case can tackle a project like this with no problem. I bought this through Rusty's and it took them 10 weeks to get me the drive-shaft and I called the day after I got the SYE kit to give them the measurement. I would recommend buying this from someone else.

squibload
squibload's Reviews
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Good service from Tom Wood
Cons: AA SYE needed some minor trimming.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The driveshaft is what you'd expect from Tom Wood...flawless.

The SYE kit needed some trimming on sharp edges...the area where the oil pump fits into the outer housing needed to be Dremeled, along with the shift mode rod's recess. Minor, but this stuff should be right from the factory.

HaskiE

HaskiE's Reviews
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Pros: SYE!! and new driveshaft
Cons: shipping ruins everything.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was an awesome mod to do. Fun and a great upgrade to boot. a bolt was damaged in shipping (it was threaded into the drive shaft, and then the whole thing was dropped on that corner...stupid.) but I was able to find a replacement at my local sears hardware.

vilseck21

vilseck21's Reviews
07-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Pros: Thats obvious
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best SYE you can get, and its cheaper the a few others. So many people have issues with the RR one, no reason to use any other brand

armyRN

Web Wheeler
armyRN's Reviews

07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Quality parts by reputable companies
Cons: Can't think of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The SYE and TW CV driveshaft came as part of the lift package (RE 3.5" superflex from 4x4groupbuy.com) I purchased for my 98 TJ, so I don't have a separate price for the combo. I put the SYE in with the TFC still in the Jeep. A little time consuming, but I had never done this before so I was being methodical. Got it right the first time. I also had to buy some HD snap-ring pliers for the process. Has been in the Jeep for 18 months now with no issues whatsoever.

LVLF4LO

LVLF4LO's Reviews
07-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Pros: Reduced driveline angles, stronger DS, stronger U-joints
Cons: $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First ever install of a SYE, even did it in the Jeep. Have a good set of snap ring pliers and lock ring pliers. Follow the instructions and take your time with the install and it is very easy, it looks much harder than it is. I've had it on for over 1000 miles and no leaks and no different /weird sounds. As far as the DS, it is a nice piece from what I can tell. Has 1 zerk on the shaft itself and the U-joints that come with it from TW has zerk fitting on it also. Not to mention the U-joints have a lifetime warranty along with the DS. I have no vibes from the lift, which probably has to do with the SYE/DS combo. I would buy this setup again in a heartbeat or recommend to a friend/family member.

StreetBMXer88
StreetBMXer88's Reviews
06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Pros: Good instructions make for easy install
Cons: Hard to measure for driveshaft if you havent installed ds first
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, would have been nice to order sye first so i could get a good measurement, but they took care of me and got it right

otmorozen-rus
otmorozen-rus's Reviews
05-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Must have for 3+ lifts.
Cons: 2cv part was damaged after only ~1000 miles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have no problems with SYE. But i have problem with driveshaft.
Vibrations and bad sounds come after 700-1000 miles. After this diagnosis show me very big backlash in ball.
Remember what you will need adjust rear castor to reduce angle of ds.

steveb17
steveb17's Reviews
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Pros: easy to install
Cons: pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install. can leave tc in jeep

DoinSumthin
DoinSumthin's Reviews
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Good, stuff! Havent installed yet though. Read reviews on it.
Cons: Im sure there is better out there, but for the $$, this is damn good stuff!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No review yet, haven't installed. I will keep you all posted as I put some work to these gadgets.

jeepaholic91
jeepaholic91's Reviews
05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Pros: durability, warranty
Cons: nothing so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love it and would recommend it to anybody!!

bbuske

bbuske's Reviews
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Great service and well machined parts
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, easy to install in an afternoon. Make sure you have the correct snap ring pliers, makes it so much easier

fgastelum

fgastelum's Reviews
02-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: no more vibes
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: should be on top of everybodies list

mitch_brown
mitch_brown's Reviews
02-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Pros: Easy install
Cons: No option for speedo ring from rustys
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install was fairly straight forward with the exception of cutting off the shift fork, which took some intestinal fortitude. A fun day project.

bomoto
bomoto's Reviews
01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Price: $545.00
Pros: In process
Cons: Only my own fould that I doesnt check before the u-joints, and get the wrong ones
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is in process and will done soon a I find a solution/the parts
for my u-joint problem

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews
01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: install is tough, but the hard stuff is already pressed in
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: NIce products

southbound

southbound's Reviews
12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Price: $445.00
Pros: Does everything a SYE should. Price for what you get.
Cons: Takes a while to install and measure for the new shaft (all SYE's are this way though)
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
The best SYE + CVDS combo you can get for the price. It's an easy install, but if you do it right, it's time consuming. Stopped my DS vibes and allowed me to get rid of my t-case drop.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last