Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Transfer Case > SYE Kits > Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product SYE Kits Next Product

Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods NP231 SYE Kit w/ drive shaft

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $875.00
Average Price: $498.62
Manufacturer: Advanced Adapters/Tom Woods
Recommended?
Yes: 58 / No: 0

This kit is a Slip Yoke Eliminator from Advanced Adapters and a new Tom Woods Drive Shaft.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Ntruder16
Ntruder16's Reviews
03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: No more vibrations.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After lifting my TJ with a 3in lift I started noticing vibrations at highway speeds. I was changing U-joints pretty often. I picked this kit because it had great reviews. It took a day to install and was a good learning process for me. The instructions were pretty clear. The vibrations are gone and I have a smooth ride now.

AJhslTJ
AJhslTJ's Reviews
03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Fit well and install was easier than expected
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong and smooth - great company to work with too. Im 17 and learning as I go but I had a pretty easy time with this so it is definitely a pretty do-able project with enough research.

RecklessJ
RecklessJ's Reviews
02-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Price: $480.00
Pros: no vibrations, corrected drive-line angle, easy install
Cons: the actual shiny part of the shaft rusted badly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quality parts & service

Dueces
Dueces's Reviews
09-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Strong, well built
Cons: The paint on the driveshaft comes off very easily.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Output shaft was very heavy and well built, the machining was very high quality. The drive shaft was really beefy and probably about 5 times as heavy as the stock one. The only complaint i have about the driveshaft is that the paint on it comes off really easily. Just handling it, a bunch of it came off.

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Price: $465.00
Pros: Great quality and price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Don't even considering lifting your TJ without installing these parts. No vibration with these upgrades. Will need to consider adjustable upper rear control arms

justin89
justin89's Reviews
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great Kit
Cons: Lack of intructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tom woods DS are the **** comes with everything and fully greased to the max, AA SYE was great and pretty easy to install minus some set backs caused by my self

valco63
valco63's Reviews
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Pros: Easy to install in your garage, more solid connection from T-case to Diff.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I broke my slip yoke on my first outing, cost me nearly $1500 between towing and repairs. Now I know I have a better system with the Advanced Adapters SYE and a Tom Woods CV Shaft, but I'm still cautious.

Rocker33
Rocker33's Reviews
08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: top quality parts, east install
Cons: make sure you have correst ds lenght
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would recommend this set up as it is easy to install and is top quality

jonji01

jonji01's Reviews
05-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Price: $525.00
Pros: great service
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: highly recommended

bmpage84

bmpage84's Reviews
04-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Price: $472.50
Pros: Eliminated all driveline vibrations created by the 4" lift. Eliminated the need for the T/C drop and relocation brackets and returned everything back to stock locations.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fairly easy install. I did remove the T/C from the Jeep to do it, was much eaiser out on the bench. Customer service from Tom Woods was A+++. Had a few questions on the driveshaft and he was very quick to respond with any help and answers needed!

offroadjunkie95
offroadjunkie95's Reviews
04-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Fixes driveline angle problems
Cons: ???
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Don't really know what to say about this product except no binding issues and no transfer case blowouts so it must do its job

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Pros: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really cant state anything about it just other than it keeping the angles correct and avoiding the transfer case drop. cost extra but I feel it was worth it.

ZHamashin
ZHamashin's Reviews
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Price: $460.00
Pros: No vibrations!
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, I'm very impressed with the SYE/DS. Good quality and fixed my vibration problem. I have a Dana 44 from an old CJ that has the pumpkin off center to the passenger side about 3 inches. Also the brackets that were welded on were positioned for a different TJ which I believe had a higher lift than mine. Was causing some serious vibration problems (enough to break a universal joint). This kit fixed the problem.

brian0128
brian0128's Reviews
01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Price: $505.00
Pros: Quality workmanship.
Cons: Expensive.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the kit directly from Tom Woods. He had it delivered in 3 days. Very happy with the product.

kphimself

kphimself's Reviews
01-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy upgrade to make.
Cons: The rear output seal went after a 1,000 miles. This was due to a rough spot on the yoke. It may have been damaged during shiping however it was easly repaired using sand paper and i have had no issues since then.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Inspect the surface of the Yoke to ensure it is smooth. Mine was damaged however I do not think this was due to manufacturing. I think the cause was either shipping or me.

shredknar
shredknar's Reviews
11-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Pros: cheap, pretty strong, and easy to install.
Cons: rusty's gave me the wrong length shaft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i've had it on for about 8 months and wheeled it all summer with no problems.
rear u joint is starting to go though, went through lots of water and mud though, so should be expected

Zakman

A locked & armored Sport
Zakman's Reviews
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Price: $495.00
Pros: Stout, easy to install, TW driveshaft
Cons: Just having to remove the skidplate to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not difficult to install. Previously had adjustable UCAs to to dial in the pinion angle wasn't too hard. Eliminated my vibes.

rocknjeep
rocknjeep's Reviews
07-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Pros: proper angles are restored. The transmissions sits where it originally was and in turn shifts smoother. The tcase no longer leaks. a much smoother ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this mod. I was able to return my trans to its original position and in turn the driveline angles have been restored to the proper orientation. A much smoother ride, smoother shifting, and much stronger parts. No more leaking transfer case and no more slip yoke. Everthing is on there tight and won't be falling off like my original shaft and slip yoke. Could not be more happy with this.

18Dmedic
18Dmedic's Reviews
04-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Pros: No Vibes. Drives Great.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a must have when you lift your Jeep over 3 inches. It eliminates the vibrations. I love it.

Meep97
Meep97's Reviews
03-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Pros: Straight forward, strong parts, great upgrade
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this to fix my driveline angle and I needed it for my axle upgrade too. Got rid of all vibes with my 4" lift and got rid of the TC spacer. Well worth it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last