Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Steering > Rustys RS-SC250-UV

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Rustys RS-SC250-UV Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Next Product

Rustys RS-SC250-UV

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $293.57
Manufacturer: Rustys
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 3

Rusty's steering conversion is a complete steering system, replacing the factory Y-design with a wheel to wheel tie-rod. Rusty's tie-rods are built of 1" drawn over mandrel (dom) tubing and are powdercoated for durability and a great look. Rusty's steering system comes with conventional tie-rod ends. The conventional tie-rod ends last much longer than the race type heim ends and can be bought at any rural auto parts store (part# ES140R & ES62L). Whether you're in moab or in the smokey mountains of tellico you can find replacement parts. So if you're an off road enthusiast tired of bending parts or have a street Jeep tired of poor handling and excessive tire wear, go with rusty's steering system conversion. For installation we recommend having the drag-link attach ABOVE the tie-rod for lifts of 4.5" or more to help reduce angles.

We can make this an over-the-knuckle version as well with shims, weld-on trac-bar bracket and extended sway bar links. Call for details.
There are no related items at this time.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

TOW_HOOK
TOW_HOOK's Reviews

01-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: it was better then my old y-link set up
Cons: wow, were do i start.....
Recommended? No

Comments: i bought it over the othesr due to price, i bought rustys stuff before, and never was happy with it. you get what ya pay for... and now no more money to rusty... the drag link, and tie rod both bent pretty quick i might add, and i've been though 3 sets ( of 4 ) of tie rod ends, the ends are not big enough, i blew 3 ends just on the street. i have a set of moogs in it now, and i'll be sleaving the bottom rod with 3/8 dom tube to straighten it, and then sell it after april... i was planning on doing a otk, but not with this junk.. i've had it 2 years, and have less then 5000 miles on it...

98sarXJ
98sarXJ's Reviews

05-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: installed quick and easy. little quicker steering response than my old stock. feels and looks a lot stronger.
Cons: tie rod hits my lower track bar bolt and front diff cover. when turning i can not turn anywhere close to as sharp as stock.
Recommended? No

Comments: product looks and feels very sturdy. i installed it in about an hour. i tested the steering and found that it hit my front diff cover (aftermarket solid), and it hit my lower track bar bolt causing me to only be able to turn about half as sharp as stock. what good is a steering upgrade if i can't steer.

provinT13

provinT13's Reviews

04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Pros: Stronger tie rod ends, tie rod, and drag link, easy on the wallet
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my new Rustys steering set up. It's full replacement, much thicker than stock, and was an easy bolt on swap that took about an hour. I feel confident in my tie rod ends and in the thickness and strength in my tie rod.

kwape
kwape's Reviews

03-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Pros: well built.
Cons: cheap harware for stabilizer mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: negatives:
trac bar bolt looks like it could rub with tie ried on the trail but has not and has not on normal driving conditions.(i have 4.5" BDS lift that uses larger than stock hardware). hardware for steering stabilizer is weak to my standards so i purchased some 1/2 inch grade 8 hardware. If you have a tapperd bolt on your stabilizer on the end that mounts to the drag link, you will need to replace it with a 1/2 inch bolt, (The kit does not come with this bolt if u have this problem).

good things:
super strong tubing. bring to a good alignment shop when finished to prevent tie rod rubbing on trac bar bolt. Good TRW tie rod ends. corrects my steering geometry and has a much better response. no play whatsoever.

jeepmansro

jeepmansro's Reviews
10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: umm...
Cons: read below...
Recommended? No

Comments: Well, its a different linkage setup than stock. I guess its a little better, but since getting the setup, I already replaced 2 of the 4 tie rod ends. One cause the ball joint threads stripped out and the castle nut wouldn't tighten down anymore. The other cause the boot was so small and, got destroyed rather quickly and the joint froze.

Also the whole setup kept twisting when i turned the wheel back and forth. Upon doing some research, I found out that some people put in place of the dust boots on each knuckle, like a flat plastic washer (about 1/2 in thick) to keep things tight.

How much more sturdy is the tubing and such? Well to me it does not feel much better than stock.

I didn't want to screw around with a knuckle over setup, but still, I would try a different company's fix to the problem of lifted truck steering geometry.

bigred_topher
bigred_topher's Reviews

04-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Rustys RS-SC250-UV
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i guess this is the product number...but it's the front adjustable trac bar and the wheel to wheel tie rod

MLJeeper

MLJeeper's Reviews

04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Rustys RS-SC250-UV
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product for the money