Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Steering > Rock Krawler TJ X-Factor HD Steering Upgrade

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rock Krawler TJ X-Factor HD Steering Upgrade Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Next Product

Rock Krawler TJ X-Factor HD Steering Upgrade

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $349.00
Average Price: $363.00
Manufacturer: Rock Krawler
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0

1.5" Solid Stock Knuckle Over Tie Rod, 1.25" Solid Stock Drag Link, Bump Steer Free Operation, Great For Full Axle Droop Conditions as well as High Articulation Conditions.

**For TJ's Lifted 4 to 8 Inches

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Huge Tie Rod and Draglink!!!! Easy to install, No stabilizer needed.
Cons: Uses stock tierod end as the draglink end
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit was super easy to install. I was able to set my alignment by myself fairly quickly. The draglink crosses under the tie rod to mount on the bottom of the knuckle or you can cut off your swaybar mounts and mount it on top of the knuckle for less binding during full droop. I havent used a steering stabilizer since I installed the kit and I havent experienced any death wobble yet.

OffSgt

OffSgt's Reviews

04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Price: $349.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it! Beefy and no problems during articulation.

mudmonkey2400

mudmonkey2400's Reviews

04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: Beefy. Seriously beefy. More responsive feel than stock. Over the knuckle design.
Cons: Uses rod-ends. Must adjust steering stops a little.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Crazy strong. 1.5" thick solid stock tie rod. I don't worry a bit about bending anything on the rocks. I think the knuckles or the grade 5 bolts will go before the tie-rod will. Strongest kit I've ever seen. The cross-over design gives a firmer feel to the steering wheel on Jeeps with tall lifts.

On the downside, the kit uses rod-ends (heim joints). They're more likely to get contaminated and squeek than tie rod ends, but I havn't had any problems yet. Since the drag link uses a rod-end on the axle end, you have to adjust your steering stops a little so you don't max out the joint and bend the .25" thick boxed bracket. You lose about a foot or two of turning radius. On a SWB, I don't feel it's much of a concern though.

The install was very easy, only thing you have to do is drill out your knuckles a little to fit the bigger bolts through. Takes about 10 minutes. Adjusting for toe-in/out involves taking off at least one end of the tie tod, and twisting in the rod-end, just like you would a control arm. Centering your steering wheel is easier.. loosen the jam nut and clamp, and turn while it's still on the Jeep.

I havn't experienced any bumpsteer with this kit, so I havn't even added a steering stabilizer. I have RK's 5.5"LA with a dropped track bar bracket, dropped pitman arm, and this steering kit.

I'm very happy with this kit. I was torn between RK and Currie's kit when upgrading my steering. I went with RK's steering for the additional strength, the crossover design, and the lower price tag. Would buy again.