Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Steering > JCR Offroad 1-Ton Steering Upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

JCR Offroad 1-Ton Steering Upgrade Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Next Product

JCR Offroad 1-Ton Steering Upgrade

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $270.00
Average Price: $278.00
Manufacturer: JCR Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 1

Looking to upgrade your stock Jeep steering? Is your lifted Jeep having alignment problems? With our Jeep 1 ton steering upgrade, you eliminate the hard to adjust "Y" stock steering, it allows for a longer drag link to help with your steering angles, and most importantly gives you heavy duty steering that will take a beating and hold up to the off-road abuse.

The rods are a beefy 1.25" diameter DOM, with an almost .25" wall; threads are direct tapped into the tube. This means (unlike a threaded insert) the TRE has full thread engagement into the tube for the length of its threads. On this system the passenger side TRE dust boot is replaced with a polyurethane spacer, which pulls the body of the TRE against this knuckle. This eliminates the tie rod roll that an inverted T setup sometimes has.

JCR's Website:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1TNST&Catego ry_Code=S6

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

ajmorell

ajmorell's Reviews
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Beefy links and TREs
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had this on my ZJ for a couple years with no issues. TRE's are still in excellent condition, huge improvement over stock setup.

Paraleyes

Paraleyes's Reviews
05-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Price: $265.00
Pros: Super Stong! Insane Driving Improvement! Oversized TREs
Cons: Must aquire a 7 Degree(1.5" per foot) Reamer Bit Took 7 and 1/2 Weeks to receive all my JCR Parts! After surprise modifications are completed to the axle side track bar, the clearance between the tie-rod stock diff cover is about 1/16" of an inch. I WAS aware of this clearance issue and the fact that I would not be able to use many of the aftermarket diff covers, BUT... ***I ordered the UTK(Under The Knuckle) kit for simple reason that I was led to believe I would NOT need to modify any of the axle brackets with this kit. Nowhere on their website, nor in their directions did it say anywhere that any modifications were necessary in order to make this kit work, other than Reaming out those necessary holes on the knuckles and pitman arm. That is of course, only if you don't plan of fully turning to the right. It is absolutely necessary to cut out the axle side trac bar bracket and move it back approximately 13/16" or at least 3/4" in order for the tie-rod to clear that bracket allowing for fully turning to the right. I was also treated like an idiot for asking simple questions about this kit when I ordered it. I wish I would have listened to my gut at that point and went with another company for all my parts. If I would have been made aware of this additional modification, I would have, for one, ordered the OTK(Over The Knuckle) Kit giving me additional clearance and also would consider recommending JCR Offroad to my friends. Although the final product is nothing short of an incredible difference, I can not in good conciounce recommend JCR Offroad to anyone. However, if you are lucky enough to read this review, at least you will not have any surprises when you are installing your kit.
Recommended? No

Comments: JCR's quality control is by far the worst I have seen. I ordered nearly their entire product line and I had major problems with each and every item I ordered. Most requiring major modifications to make them work and all of which were very disappointing. The worst part of it was that they would not accept responsibility for any of their mistakes giving me delayed responses of being "within acceptable tolerances."

If you are in the market for any of JCR Offroad's products, I would strongly advise against it! Please see my build thread for multiple pictures and detailed explanations regarding my dealings with them and their front and rear bumpers, sliders, quarter panel armor and 1-ton steering. There are so many other great manufacturers out there to choose from. I wouldn't recommend JCR to my worst enemy.

***READ ABOVE CON'S!!! 3 Lefts make a Right?! WRONG!

cherokee5up

cherokee5up's Reviews

12-30-2007, 12:01 AM
JCR Offroad 1-Ton Steering Upgrade
Price: $270.00
Pros: Strong, tie rod connects wheels directly, detailed instructions
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this setup after having years of steering problems on my lifted cherokee. The stock drag link struck my sway bar mount, so I had to flip the tie rod to the other side. This allowed the left wheel to rotate about 20 degrees independently from the right. This kit connects the wheels directly, and moves the union closer to the TRE, compensating for increased angles from lifts. After installing, the only play in my steering now comes from the box.

The quality is excellent, rods come unpainted, the instructions on their website are excellent, installation was a breeze after the drilling and reaming. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade! Feel free to PM me before starting this project for advice.

I would definitely recommend removing the knuckles and pitman arm, and drilling/reaming with a drill press.