Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Brakes > Wagner - Wagner ThermoQuiet Brake Pads

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Wagner - Wagner ThermoQuiet Brake Pads Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Brakes Next Product

Wagner - Wagner ThermoQuiet Brake Pads

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $70.00
Average Price: $86.29
Manufacturer: Wagner
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0

Patented IMI one-piece brake pad provides maximum noise damping and dissipates heat generated during braking

Laser-Shaped Friction technology custom shapes friction to focus caliper force further reducing vibration and eliminating noise

Comprehensive coverage for foreign and domestic applications - passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs and mini-vans

OE match friction material - semi-metallic, organic, and ceramic (ceramic alternatives available for select semi-metallic applications)

Optimal performance - engineered to pass OE manufacturer-developed stopping tests

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

n9ljx
n9ljx's Reviews

10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Price: $62.00
Pros: Very quiet from beginning. Reasonably priced. This price included the slider hardware which is actually what I found needed replaced after getting old pads off. Old pads were still in good shape but braking was LOUD! Old sliders were rusty and very nasty.
Cons: none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: $62.00 @ O'Reilly included slider hardware

RedRocket1994

RedRocket1994's Reviews

05-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Super quality, long lasting, great performance
Cons: A bit more pricey than other stock repl's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Put Wagner rotors and Thermoquiet semi-metallic pads on the 94 ZJ at about 180K miles. Before this, every set of brakes gave me problems, the rotors would ALWAYS be warped within 5k miles. The Wagners are still going strong. The pads are still about 60% left, and I drive pretty hard. They have been very quiet since day 1; most people have noise problems with the Wagners because they do not burnish the friction after install. If you do burnish them, you'll have much better luck. I only get a little chirp when I first drive after a rain storm. Definitely spend the extra $$$ and choose the Wagners over the other parts store "in-house" brands.

--Will

deli107
deli107's Reviews

04-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Bought these for my wj,they were 20% off and another $20.00 with a mail in coupon cost for the pads was aboot 100.00 for front and back.new rotors 46.00 each.Not bad for 300.00 Just make sure you wash the new rotors in hot soapy water befor install and also wipe down with break cleaner to get rid of the protective coating they put on them for transit and shipping.
Cons: 0
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these for my wj,they were 20% off and another $20.00 with a mail in coupon cost for the pads was aboot 100.00 for front and back.new rotors 46.00 each.Not bad for 300.00
Just make sure you wash the new rotors in hot soapy water befor install and also wipe down with break cleaner to get rid of the protective coating they put on them for transit and shipping.

hc2995
hc2995's Reviews
01-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Good stopping power, almost no dust, last for a long time.
Cons: LOUD
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I know they say that the thermoquiet's are quiet, but i can tell you they are not, atleast not at first. For some reason, every set of these brakes I've installed on my vehicles requires somewhat of a break in period. After about 4k miles they quiet up. Ive greased all the metal to metal contact points, the bolts, ETC. and they still seem to make a little noise until they wear in. Afterwards they are great, little to know noise at all. Im still on my first set with the jeep ( i've put abut 9k miles in them.) and usually get about 40k+ miles to a set of these (front pads, backs last a little longer depending on what kind of driving and hauling im doing), but i do not know just yet how long these will last on the jeep.

02sportwrangler
02sportwrangler's Reviews

09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Price: $127.00
Pros: Quiet pads, no sqealing. Low to no dust residue left on wheels. Stopping power is great.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed Wagner thermo-quiet pads and shoes on our 02 TJ and am very pleased with them. No brake noise, low to no dust residue and they work great!!! $80.00/rears and $47/fronts.

Spoons896
Spoons896's Reviews
05-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: Works great stops quiet.
Cons: Squeaks after a bout 1000 mile when slowing stoping.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for being what the dealer put on. I would go for better Wagner brakes are usually budget brakes IMO, and for a few dollars more you can get better brake. But are great for being cheap brakes.

JerseyWJ

JerseyWJ's Reviews
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Good pad
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really good pads from what I hear, will edit this with an update soon.