Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Brakes > Akebono Reman Caliper w/ Mounting Bracket CARDONE 18-B4826 / 18-B4827

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Akebono Reman Caliper w/ Mounting Bracket CARDONE 18-B4826 / 18-B4827 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Brakes Next Product

Akebono Reman Caliper w/ Mounting Bracket CARDONE 18-B4826 / 18-B4827

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $90.00
Average Price: $110.50
Manufacturer: Akebono Reman Caliper w/ Mounting Bracket
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

The akebono caliper is the caliper used by the Manufaturer to solve a number of wear issues
with the orginal caliper. This is covered under a tsb in the jeep wjjeep site. The Teves caliper was originally equiped on 1999-2001 JGC units. These units had a high incident rate relating to wear problems on teh rotors. The replacment unit OEM is the Akebono caliper and this unit was installed as a replacment on a 99 machines.

CARDONE's remanufactured Bolt-on Ready Calipers not only offer a high quality, low cost alternative to new parts, but are the leading choice in the remanufactured market.

http://www.cardone.com/English/Club/Products/webcat/byapp.asp

http://www.cardone.com/english/club/Products/Brakes/Protech/Tech_Bulletins/PT%2018-0005.pdf

http://www.cardone.com/english/club/Products/Brakes/Protech/Tech_Bulletins/PT%2018-0002.pdf

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

babix0ashh
babix0ashh's Reviews
05-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

sicWJofNWA

sicWJofNWA's Reviews
02-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Price: $131.00
Pros: the upgrade from the teves style calipers was a much needed relief from all that damn shaking.
Cons: none so far, even got a good price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall the install was pretty easy. The only problem i ran into was a a couple of seized bolts on the back of the knuckle but an impact took care of them. if you do this upgrade you WILL need new pads. took around an hour for each side.

superfishal
superfishal's Reviews
10-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Price: $121.00
Pros: Better stopping power and less rotor warpage
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My 2002 WJ did not have OEM installed Akebono calipers. I replaced the OEM installed calipers with Akebonos as 1 component of my complete brake replacement job targeted at ending rotor warpage and poor brake performance. The Akebono calipers have made a significant difference in the braking power and provide a firm pedal. In addition to the calipers I also installed Power Slot Cryo Rotors and Performance Friction Pads. This combination has been excellent. After 20k miles the brakes are still performing and the breaking distances are significantly shorter than the original equipment.

gpJeep
gpJeep's Reviews

09-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Akebono Reman Caliper w/Mounting Bracket CARDONE 18-B4826 / 18-B4827
Price: $90.00
Pros: works well so far nice straight braking with no bad vibrations
Cons: big , heavy to install and the brake brakets are a real bear.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was revamping the brakes on my 99 wj and these items were used to replace the teves front brakes(oem units with wear problems ) as per tsb.. I replaced all the both front calipers / rotors and pads at one time . This made a big diffrence in the brakes and handling of this JGC.

It runs smother , braking is much shorter, striaghter with less vibration and overall feel of the machine has gone up.

Read the included links to the pdf s for common brake problems on this kind of vehcile.

So far they are working well, went on fast and even bled quite well as per normal bleed procedure for an abs vehcile.

Hey they are black in this picture --- but mine were a bright silver .

they were $90 + a $70 core that is refunded on return.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.