Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Axle Shafts > Superior Superior Axle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Superior Superior Axle Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Axle Shafts Next Product

Superior Superior Axle

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,100.00
Average Price: $386.46
Manufacturer: Superior
Recommended?
Yes: 41 / No: 0

Alloy metal shafts that come in standard and C-clip eliminators...

Superior Axle & Gear® front axles are factory designed by real engineers. No copying here. No grinding the Foote Factory name off our axles and calling them some other brand. Check out our exclusive selection of both Replacement Axles and our heavy duty series of Evolution axles.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Red85CJ
Red85CJ's Reviews
01-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: stronger
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong and no issues. Installation with minimum tools. Quick installation and now my wheels dont look like they are going to fall off.

DevilDogDoc
DevilDogDoc's Reviews
11-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Solid Superior rep well made shafts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the front 27 spline Discovery axles, not one issue in 2 years no locked so hopefully that trend continues...

Daddy_Stew

Daddy_Stew's Reviews
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: One-piece axles front & rear
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These axles deliver for what I use the rig for daily.

Gido

Gido's Reviews
06-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: instructions were good and everything fit!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Shafts appeared to be very good quality. instructions were right on target. everything went together rather easily. when it says you need a 20 ton press they mean a 20 ton press.

05-Rubicon
05-Rubicon's Reviews

05-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: strong, easy to install, lifetime warranty
Cons: none, really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: take out the stock, put these in, keep the stocks for the trail for killing snakes, you wont need them, these may never break

Adam1965

Adam1965's Reviews
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Price: $179.00
Pros: ease of install, grade 8 hardwear screw in studs, nice finish
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy to install, they come with grade 8 screw in studs for ease in replacement (if you can brake them) on the trail. great finish and will allow for most aftermarket rims.

Vince Greva
Vince Greva's Reviews
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: strong
Cons: poor finish on sealing surface, it could leak. Make sure you have them checked before you buy them
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to take front axles out to replace with a new set that was polished where the inner axle seal rides. The first set had a rough finish and leaked.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews
11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: American made! Easy to install.
Cons: Price?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I run Superior Evolution series 27 spline shafts in both the front and rear of my 05 Tj. Both front and rear are locked. They've never, ever let me down. For the moderate wheeler with the dreaded d35, and on a budget the Superior shafts are the way to go. I've read of shaft failures from other manufacturers, specifically Yukon, Alloy, G2 & Ten Factory, but never about Superior Evolution series shafts. Buy American!

billybooster2
Web Wheeler
billybooster2's Reviews
11-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: one piece axle better than woodruff keys
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not broken anything yet oon 35's with 4:56 gears

dieselnp
dieselnp's Reviews
06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Less moving parts, stronger quality.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great axles, installed them myself with great ease.

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Solid. Fit perfect. Easy install. Came with all the bearings and seals and stuff.
Cons: One thread for a lug stud was stripped. wish they could come with the bearings already pressed on, but oh well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Superior Discovery series. Part # DC45 Good quality shafts, a little bummed it came with one lug stud unthreadable. I'll report back if I break a shaft

edit: ended up having my wheel fall off due to the stud missing, but had the shafts replaced due to defect. Interesting though, because the new shafts they gave me came with press in studs, which i personally prefer now

Garza

Web Wheeler
Garza's Reviews
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Pros: Good installation instructions. Dual lug pattern option. Added width to overall axle. Elimination of C-clips. Larger Set 20 bearings.
Cons: Bearings/Seals will need to be pressed on axle shafts prior to installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Superior Super 88 Kit as a hopeful end all to my rear axle shaft problems. Funny thing was I was actually bending stock shafts/flanges (not breaking shafts...BUT I did break some Yukon Alloy shafts. Mind you I've been on 37"s the entire time. Short of buying a custom rear axle I wanted to give the Super 88 kit a shot. Installation was fairly easy and can be done in less than a couple hours after having the bearings/seals pressed on. I have had the kit on my Jeep for over a year now and lots of trail time. So far I'm very impressed!!

TimmyTattooXJ
TimmyTattooXJ's Reviews
02-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Strong Well built Chrome molly axle shafts
Cons: None to speak of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product for any off-roader. Gives you the strength without sacrificing ground clearance

c-manxj

c-manxj's Reviews
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: easy to install, looks stronger than the stock shaft and u-joint
Cons: got pretty rusty after about a week but i suppose that's to be expected
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have this in my front dana 30 and have used my ox-locker many times. so far its held up to being locked.

frAnken_rubi

frAnken_rubi's Reviews
12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Easy to maintain, great replacement shaft over stock
Cons: I get a small rattle when idling from 55mph and lower
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this as a replacement axle shaft to put in my rubicon, so far its been running without major problems.

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
11-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Pros: Easy install, great customer service.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Superior by far has the greatest customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I had a axle shaft in my 8.8 brake due to a faulty locker, and Superior replaced the axle shaft for me at no charge while Auburn (the manufacturer of the locker) left me out to dry. You will not be disappointed with Superior. I am running a Super 88 kit and Super 30 kit and no problems other than the one caused by the locker.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Price: $613.00
Pros: Outstanding installation instructions! USA designed & manufactured, Superior hit the nail smack dab on the head with this product.
Cons: Con's? There aren't any, save for having to wait for it to arrive...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently installed the Superior 27 spline CCE in my 2005 Tj, in the dreaded d/35; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/superior-cce-powertrax-install-d35-1074743/

Within days of the install I went for a maiden voyage on the newly modified d/35; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/mce-boys-few-more-7-24-2010-tahuya-wa-1077124/index2.html

I have no complaints, indeed, I can't say enough good about the kit/product. The installation was a breeze, everything fit just exactly the way it was supposed to, the instructions were flawless...

I bought my 2005 Jeep Tj new in 05 and it came with a d/30 and d/35 geared at 3:07. A few years later when I started to to become more involved in off roading I joined the JeepForum.com. Soon after that I started wonder what was under my heep. Surely not the dreaded d/35! Alas, it is, I thought I was doomed!

After reading countless crummy posts about the d/35 I assumed it was going to cost a fortune to replace with the coveted d/44, Ford 8.8 or d/60, and I just didn't have that kind of money to spend on my heep, nor the skills necessary to do all that fabricating and welding so after a lot of thought I decided on the Superior 27 spline C-Clip Eliminator.

Why the 27 spline? So I could use a less expensive lunchbox locker...doesn't require a new carrier, no back lash adjustments, nothing, nada...

In summary, I'm happy as I can be with my Superior Axle & Gear purchase. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me here through the Jeep Forum.

~John
Tacoma, WA

akordboy

akordboy's Reviews
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

83VACJ7
83VACJ7's Reviews
03-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: One piece
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced the stock 2 piece AMC axle with a one piece Superior Axel. So far so good.

WI03Wrang

WI03Wrang's Reviews
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Confidence off road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had the shop install with Alloy USA ring and pinion.With the shafts, nice smmoth combination

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »