Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Axle Shafts > RCV Performance - RCV Dana 30 CV Axles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

RCV Performance - RCV Dana 30 CV Axles Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Axle Shafts Next Product

RCV Performance - RCV Dana 30 CV Axles

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,085.00
Average Price: $1,072.50
Manufacturer: RCV Performance
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.rcvperformance.com

Just purchased and installed these. Will write review after some serious wheeling. They have rave reviews on Pirate and a great writeup in JK - there is a great reference on the other website from the guy who drove and tested these axles during development.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

GDZJEEP
GDZJEEP's Reviews
06-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Warranty
Cons: Orange boots
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things are indestructable and have a lifetime warranty. You can't beat that. The boots only come in orange though, which is a bummer.

Yellowtwo
Yellowtwo's Reviews

08-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Smooth turning
Cons: Boots rub on TJs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these for my upgrade to run 37s and like them but the red boots rub on the special bolts and started to tear. On a TJ I would recommend sanding the edge off a little to begin with.

jeeperjk

Web Wheeler
jeeperjk's Reviews
03-17-2011, 04:31 AM
Price: $985.00
Pros: Smooth turning in tight spots
Cons: Price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I added these RCV shafts to my Jeep when I bought the Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Extreme for the front. I'm running 5.13's with the stock Elocker and 35" MT/Rs.

Turning in tight spots on and offroad is much smoother now. Plus, I don't have to worry about ever breaking a front shaft.

RubiconSam
RubiconSam's Reviews

02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Price: $980.00
Pros: Craftsmanship, Quality, Engineering, Strength, Smoothness, Customer Service
Cons: Priced a Bit High, but you have to pay for quality.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These Axles are Awesome! I just put a set in my '05 Rubicon and they are smooth and Strong! I had a little snafu getting the right axles sent to me from RCV at first, but I made a call over the weekend and Sean Carlini of RCV took care of me and Next Day Aired out a new set to me no questions asked! Customer Service like that is worth so much! I highly recommend this company, the quality of their product is very high. I only run 33's with air lockers, but now I have the confidence to put a little gas down in the rough stuff even when I have the steering wheel turned at full lock, try that with U-Joints, my last U-Joint stub shaft snapped like a twig while turning the Steering Wheel and applying a little gas in the Snow. I am sure that I will no longer have to worry about my Wheel Falling Off and leaving me stranded while out in the woods anymore! (Note: Some Rubicons rely on the Axle Nut on the Stub Shaft to hold the Wheel, Rotor and Bearing all together, meaning if the stub shaft breaks, the wheel falls off. Very Dangerous!)
Thanks a Million RCV! -Sam

TMXONR

TMXONR's Reviews
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Price: $935.00
Pros: VERY STRONG! Great warranty!
Cons: price, but you get what you pay for
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These axle shafts are great!

Install was easy:

Remove the old shafts.
Remove the knuckles.
Clearance the knuckles (RCV provides a little tool to check for proper clearance)
Re-Install the knuckles
Install new shafts and boots

The hardest part of the install was getting the orange boots on. I had to warm them up a little bit, but it was also 40 degrees outside when I installed them, so that may have something to do with the difficulty.

The best part of having these axles is not having to worry about breaking front shafts.

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Price: $1,085.00
Pros: "You break it, we replace it warranty" Easy Install Very smooth power in entire turning radius
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great warranty (though not tested yet), easy install - about 4 hours. Absolutely smooth and even power delivery through the entire turning radius with no wheel hop. Great for sharp turns in 4wd when at top, bottom or in turns during wheeling - again, no wheel hop or U joint binding. The breakage tests (posted on RCV web site) show strength at over twice the D30 axle/joint and near that of a D60 - all at a price of about chrome molly and upgraded U joints...and without the binding. Might want to check out the reviews at Pirate as there are none here yet. Great review by the guy who tested these during development in racing and climbing.