Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Axle Shafts > Crown Dana 35 Chromoly 27 Spline Axle Kit

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Crown Dana 35 Chromoly 27 Spline Axle Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Axle Shafts Next Product

Crown Dana 35 Chromoly 27 Spline Axle Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $340.00
Average Price: $256.45
Manufacturer: Crown
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

Forged from SAE-4340 high strenght alloy steel and rolled splines, the axles are heat treated twice to achieve the desired hardness. The combination of chromoly steel and the heat treatment results in an axle that exhibits greater tensile and torsion strength. Over all strength is estimated to be at the minimum 30% greater than the stock axle shafts. Due to the hardness of the steel, the splines are rolled, instead of cut like the stock shafts. The rolling process maintains the integrity of the steel better than cut splines. Increased strength and longevity make for an axle that can withstand the stresses of driving off-road better than stock axles.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Jwhughes3

Badger don't care!
Jwhughes3's Reviews
10-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: stronger than stock
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Time will tell - since upgrading the size of tires/wheels and adding LSD I felt the chromoly upgrade was needed due to Dana 35 weaknesses - without a locker I think these will last.

FarmerinVA

Just a flatlander
FarmerinVA's Reviews

11-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Price: $310.00
Pros: Easy install - exact fit replacement, just slide in and go. Comes with new bearings and seals. Comes with lug bolts included but uninstalled so you can use your own if you so choose.
Cons: None so far after two years
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Exact fit replacement for the notoriously weak D35 shafts. And I mean exact -- I measured all along with a micrometer, side by side with the originals. These are identical. See my install thread with pics, starting at Post #30, Installing a TrueTrac etc.

If you haven't installed such shafts before, you'll be amazed how easy it is. Just remove the wheels, remove the c-clip from the old shafts, slide out the old shafts. That's it -- just reverse the process to install the new ones. Super swift. (That's if you don't need to install new bearings and seals; your decision.) How can you not do this?

They have held up fine for 2+ years in my Jeep, which sits on 31x10.5 BFG MT2s, has a TrueTrac, and is offroad 100% of the time.

I have seen various estimates of how much stronger these are than the originals. 30%? More? But everyone agrees: much stronger.

jrobb913
jrobb913's Reviews
04-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: easy installation, added security, stronger then stock
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought them to install with my locker as an added security, seem to work good so far

vanek11
vanek11's Reviews
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Stock
Cons: Good for up to 33s
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Has held up well for a stock rear axle, no complaints.

noise_maker

noise_maker's Reviews

01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Easy to install, perfect fit - comes complete with new bearings and seals. 4340
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Paid 299 + 30 shipping from Rustys. They are the only true SAE-4340, direct replacement, 27 spline shafts available for the Dana 35 and make a great, affordable upgrade.
Highly recommend for anyone with larger tires or true-trak/lunch box locker in a dana 35.

hybridmoments

hybridmoments's Reviews
06-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: solid axles
Cons: length is off when new, have to shave them down
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually have an AMC 20, there isn't an option for it though.

maverick1
maverick1's Reviews
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Price: $360.99
Pros: good strong axle
Cons: much heavier than stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong axle. Good trusted name in Dana. Got it used in great condition

jeep2008

jeep2008's Reviews
12-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Price: $285.00
Pros: GREAT QUALITY
Cons: NOTHING
Recommended? Yes

Comments: SO FAR SO GOOD,GREAT PRODUCT!HAD THE ABS RINGS ON THEM,A BIG PLUS FOR ME!!

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: 30% stronger than OEM
Cons: 27 spline
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little extra insurance on locked D35

xeneau
xeneau's Reviews

02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Crown Dana 35 Chromoly 27 Spline Axle Kit
Price: $340.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent minor upgrade for the nefariously breakable D35. No need to change the diff guts or dump that recently installed TrueTrac or other 27 spline locker with this shaft. Overall, a good idea for a little extra peace of mind.