Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Yukon - Yukon Spartan Locker

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Yukon - Yukon Spartan Locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Yukon - Yukon Spartan Locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $299.00
Average Price: $244.70
Manufacturer: Yukon
Recommended?
Yes: 32 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.yukongear.com

More heavy duty than any other lunchbox style locker out there with bigger pins and springs. Engages smoothly, extremely quiet and works great. Installation is a breeze and the instructions that come with it are concise. As an added bonus, the cross pin is included.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

TJRHD

TJRHD's Reviews

10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Locks up good in the front on my d-30, digs like a beast.
Cons: Tried one in the rear in an open carrier, shop tried shims which your not supposed to need shims. Idk if they sent the wrong carrier or what. Gave up and went with detroit in the rear. Emailed the company they helped at first but when we gave up and went with detroit in the rear no more response??
Recommended? Yes

Comments: gets it done in the front cant tell its there on the highway

84fsj

84fsj's Reviews
09-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: locked
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it for the amc 20. supper easy to install. and dont even here it when im going down the road. cheap too. got mine around 220.00

Luke94XJ
Luke94XJ's Reviews
05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Price: $234.99
Pros: Locks up great, great price, easy install
Cons: doesn't make your front dana 30 into a dana 60
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a spartan locker or my front dana 30 axle on my '94 xj. I was surprised at how easy it was to install, the only hangups I had were: Of course taking my rusty hubs off, when I had to unbolt the ring gear to get the dang cross pin shear pin out, and putting the carrier back into the housing. getting the carrier back into the housing was a pain in the pooper. On my xj the tie rod was just right in the way, and made it hard getting the perfect angle of attack. Once in it was a tight, positive fit. Everything else on reassembly was smooth.

NW-XJ

NW-XJ's Reviews

04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Easiest Install out of all Auto-lockers, Included hardened cross-shaft..
Cons: Boring sticker design? Haha
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I Have spartan lockers front and rear.. Dana 30, and D44HD.. the front one is silent 99% of the time, you only hear it when turning sharp, like a u-turn..
Rear one ratchets at low speeds.. Also unloads after hard acceleration and then coast...

Baseline4x4 has great pricing on these units!

RustedWrangler
RustedWrangler's Reviews

03-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Price: $210.00
Pros: Easy to install, quiet operation, works great offroad in the rocks and on the trail. No switches to mess with, on or off by your application of gas etc.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Spartan is in my D30 upfront on 35's. It handles the rocks, mud, dirt etc very well. Don't hesitate to buy one.

9/28/2011

6 month update: I have had the aussie in for around 6 months or so now and it works great no issues. It actually is better than a slectable in a lot of ways -- you don't have to turn it on, it automatically unlocks when you are not on the power and are turning.

Paraleyes

Paraleyes's Reviews

03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Pros: Super Tough Unit! Quiet Operation. I hardly ever hear or notice the clicking when turning unless the radio is off, nobody is talking and the windows are open. Friends with other lunchbox lockers often tell me how much quieter mine is than theirs.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted to add to my 1st review since I've had this for over a year now. Still working like new! I love it.

If this doesn't sell you, I don't know what will...
I had a ball joint fail while under extreme flex. The wheel, hub and rotor all fell underneath the Jeep tearing apart the two inner and outer drive shafts at the ujoint. This undoubtedly put a ton of stress on locker. However, after replacing the ball joints and sliding in a new axle shaft, I opened up the diff to inspect everything. It all seemed fine. So I took it out for a test run and found that the Yukon Spartan locker was undamaged. It still performs like new. I couldn't be any more impressed! Buy one!

Machinist
Machinist's Reviews
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great product
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looked like a nice beefy unit.The guy installing said looked better than any other than ARB and detroit's

Paraleyes

Paraleyes's Reviews

08-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Pros: So much quieter than other lunchbox lockers!
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed in a few hours into my HP30. Be sure to get some feeler gauges so you can set your spacing properly. I also did not remove the ring gear from the carrier. I just ground down the edge of the single spline interfering with the removal of the pin.

The performance absolutely blew me away! This is by far the single best addition I added for offroad purposes yet! Too bad it's going away when I regear and install an e-locker!

LKrux
LKrux's Reviews
08-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Strong design like the rest Comes with new crosspin and rollpin. Quiet on the road(wouldn't notice its there) Improves feel of steering, stiffer
Cons: Instructions sucked.I went on pirate4x4 and found a detailed write up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was putting this locker to the test for a month or two now.it has held up awesomely. Great improvement and the jeep is even becoming a beast as the front end just pulls you up without such a struggle from tire slippage.
Also, this locker improved my steering and has added a nice firm feel to the wheel and I'm happy about that effect.
It works great and I'm confident it will keep working, judging by it engaging and disengaging flawlessly. The only way I can tell is by the feel if the wheel when I start back up in 1st gear.I like how its very queit on road and when engaging and disengaging.
I went up fairly easily over many obstacles that used to be too steep, made adrenaline kick in and I'm proud of my machine great mod and I would do it again.

coachholland
coachholland's Reviews
10-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Price: $210.00
Pros: More heavy duty than any other lunchbox style locker out there with bigger pins and springs. Engages smoothly, extremely quiet and works great. Installation is a breeze and the instructions that come with it are concise. As an added bonus, the cross pin is included.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: More heavy duty than any other lunchbox style locker out there with bigger pins and springs. Engages smoothly, extremely quiet and works great. Installation is a breeze and the instructions that come with it are concise. As an added bonus, the cross pin is included. Currently loaded in my D30 and will stick with this brand in the future as long as I'm on a budget.

Page 2 of 2 1 2