Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Tractech Detroit Truetrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Tractech Detroit Truetrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Tractech Detroit Truetrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $550.00
Average Price: $393.80
Manufacturer: Tractech
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

The Detroit Truetrac, manufactured by Tractech, is the aftermarket?s leading gear type limited slip differential. The patented design of parallel axis planetary helical gears provide a quiet, automatic splitting of torque. Power transfer goes literally unnoticed by the driver - even in front wheel drive axles. The Detroit Truetrac performs like an open differential under normal driving conditions and automatically transfers torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant. The limited slip responds instantly to torque feedback, anytime, at any speed.

Detroit Truetrac?s are engineered for front and rear axles, semi floating (C-clip axles) and transfer cases. Proven design, low cost and effective performance all make the Detroit Truetrac limited slip the choice of professionals and traction enthusiasts everywhere.

Great for off-road, street and strip.

The Detroit Truetrac delivers the traction necessary for drag racing and off-road terrain while not adversely affecting handling on the street.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

hutch1200

Web Wheeler
hutch1200's Reviews

07-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Pushes throw snow and Ice like a Bulldozer
Cons: Need a good Mechanic to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My mom let me drive her 86 CJ7 to mechanics/tech school for 3 years before I was asked to leave . After that I put a True-Trac in when I moved back home. It stripped the R&P w/in 3 weeks. They warrantied it, and I took it to a shop that I didn't work at, and it has worked flawlessly now for 2 years. Now she's not afraid to drive in snow,and it helps me w/my paper route since I'm out before the plow trucks. I now work on a NASCAR team, that I can't mention, and tell everybody to get one. Alot of the houses I deliver pizzas to are very remote, and sometimes I don't even have to get out and lock the hubs. At 362 pounds that alone is worth the cost of this unit.

jeep94yj
jeep94yj's Reviews

09-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just couldn't have a locker in the rear, so I added this to my front D30 - what a difference.

apexjeepinjoe

apexjeepinjoe's Reviews

07-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I need some more time with this but so far it seem to do the job. If I break it I will upgrade.

jopolly3

jopolly3's Reviews

07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Price: $375.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works really, took it up a few steep grades covered in loose rocks and while the rear would always spin one wheel the front was pulling strong together

joshua04
joshua04's Reviews

06-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Price: $550.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just had installed with a Dana 44 so far so good, I havent had much time to go wheeling, but the truetrac gives no problems with street drivability and grabs good on gravel.

Castr8r
Castr8r's Reviews

06-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Price: $362.80
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good choice for front axle. If driving syrface is slick (ice, mud), the front will push,but it is still better than a limited slip or locker in my opnion.