Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Torq Masters Aussie locker

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Torq Masters Aussie locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Torq Masters Aussie locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $255.78
Manufacturer: Torq Masters
Recommended?
Yes: 22 / No: 0

*Revised*

If you can install a set of brakes you can install the Aussie Locker®.
The "Aussie Locker"® is the most relied on differential on the market today. Trusted by offroad enthusiasts to get their vehicle in and out of every possible situation the "Aussie Locker"® delivers performance.

The true automatic locker.
A simple design with no actions required by the driver to actuate the locking capability. There are no cables, electrical wires, air lines, pneumatic or external connections of any kind required.

Safe offroad and on.
Unlike manual lockers which do not provide differential action when locked and severely hamper steering and directional maneuverability, the "Aussie Locker®’s" smooth and sensitive operation allows differential action resulting in uncompromised steering, uphill or down, soft or hard surfaces. Even on highway driving the "Aussie Locker"® does not impede performance

See http://reviews.jeepforum.com/showproduct.php?product=19&cat=47 for more reviews.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Viper723
Viper723's Reviews

08-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Price: $255.00
Pros: 2wd driveability, price, performance, quality and on and on
Cons: not really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best investment so far. doubled my performance with the front locked now. I'm tackling things I never thought I could before. Invisible in 2wd too.

provinT13

provinT13's Reviews

06-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Extreme traction
Cons: Can unlock when driving around in 4 hi
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had one in my YJ and just put one in the new TJ. When I first wheeled with the locked front end my mind was blow. I never knew how awesome and helpful lockers were. For $250 and a quick install this thing is amazing. Only time you have to be careful is when driving in 4 hi, when you let off the gas it can unlock and you can feel it pull.

suzukisailor315
suzukisailor315's Reviews

01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Pros: Climb up a telephone poles. make it though trails with ease.
Cons: friends might get jealous
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great buy.
You can do alot more trails.

srmitchell

srmitchell's Reviews
01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great Traction Easy to install
Cons: Loud clunks a lot
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have one in my 8.25. It works great, and adds lots of traction. Easy to install.

blurunner
blurunner's Reviews

03-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Pros: works, cheap, easy install
Cons: auto locker, center pins may need replacement after awhile, not nearly as strong as a full carrier locker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: aussie on my yj d30, been over 15000mi no problem whatsoever and works everytime I need it. A great cheap upgrade, better than going up to a bigger size tire if you ask me.

LOTOTJ
LOTOTJ's Reviews

01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Price, Install, Does its job
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put it up front in my dana 30. Did 98% of my research here on jf and decided to go with the aussie. Great decision.

Guardian7

Guardian7's Reviews

12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Pros: Great locker for the TJ front dana 30 because in 2WD is does not lock so it's great on the street.
Cons: Will impact street drivability if used in rear since it locks when it gets torque.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can't beat the price, well built product, easy install. I installed these front and rear on my last Jeep TJ and don't recommend the unit for the rear axle with a manual trans because it will lock and unlock when shifting through turns creating a very awkward street situation. Due to design the unit only locks when torque is sent to it via the drive shaft so accelerating while turning through an intersection it locks then when you clutch it unlocks causing the whole vehicle to become squirrly. A really great unit for the front axle because it will not engage on the street in 2WD so it does not impede street drivability installed in the front, you won't even know it's there. I always felt a selectable locker would be best for the front but now I have changed my line of thought after running Aussie's front and rear. In conclusion I feel the Aussie Locker is a great choice for the front but use limited slip or selectable locker in the rear.

jmalys
jmalys's Reviews

11-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Pros: Price, ease of installation, how it performs, invisable in 2wd
Cons: it is a lunchbox locker, so it is not selectable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this in my dana 30 of my TJ. I love it. I recently ran the rubicon from airport flat campground to little slucie and back. (my rear is a factory LSD). I had no traction problems whatsoever. My crawl ratio was only like 38:1 so I need to work on that but the traction was right on!! I have had this locker for about a year and I have no complaints so far.

the6nightmares
the6nightmares's Reviews

07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Only put it to one good test so far. Plan on using it frequently.

coachchuck
coachchuck's Reviews

07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Price: $260.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have both front and back. They have never failed me. Lock up every time I need them. Easy to install, Easy to use. The only draw back is I would like a selectable in the front for easier terms on the trails.

chupacabrah

chupacabrah's Reviews

07-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this in my rear 8.8 (and soon in my d30). Love it!

richmond1273
richmond1273's Reviews

06-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Pros: good price, awesome traction, good road maners
Cons: none, its perfect
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i wish i would have bought this a long time ago. easy install, about 2 hours with modest mechanical skill.

sebastian22

sebastian22's Reviews

06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Price: $260.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since this has only been on my ride for 2 weeks, i dont think i can provide an accurate review, but so far i love it. I have noticed nothing different on the stree, and i will update this after my trip this weekend....

Got this from northridge4x4.com

Met a guy on the forum (Paul) who helped me install it....well maybe i helped him install it. he did most of the work. haha.

+GRAVES+

Corporate Whore
+GRAVES+'s Reviews

06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was straight forward. Haven't tried it on the trail yet. Clicks around turns. Update soon

JBN311

JBN311's Reviews

06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Locks up every time.
Cons: click-click-click-click-click-click (noisy)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent...considering it was my ONLY choice...
Works great!

doublejz
doublejz's Reviews

05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kick *** locker once you get used to it. Always have traction even with a wheel in the air.

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews

05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product for the price, id highly recommend one, works well with 35s even

nycnomad
nycnomad's Reviews

05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Inexpensive. Durable.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have an aussie locker up front in a D30. Works great - a small amount of noise (ticking) during low speed turns, but awesome traction in 4WD.

XTC Jpr13

XTC Jpr13's Reviews

05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have run this in both the front and rear. Excellent locker for a very good price. Does tend to under steer when in the front and on snowy roads, but it is not too bad that you can not get used to it. i have had no issues with this locker!

rallynut78
rallynut78's Reviews

05-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome!!! getting the carrier out was super hard but the rest of the install was easy.

you hardly know it's there when not in 4wd but now it climbs over everything!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »