Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Torq Masters Aussie Locker

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Torq Masters Aussie Locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Lockers Next Product

Torq Masters Aussie Locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $260.74
Manufacturer: Torq Masters
Recommended?
Yes: 42 / No: 0

The Aussie Locker is a fully automatic and precision manufactured automatic differential locking device that does not require any manual operation to activate. It does not require any switches, external compressors, electrical cables, air lines, or pneumatic controls. It is positive locking, meaning there is no slippage when locked. There is a mechanically solid engagement of all parts. In contrast a limited slip differential is not positive locking and does allow slippage and one wheel "spin up" i.e. the spinning of one wheel at twice the differential speed while the other wheel having traction remains motionless. With the "Aussie Locker" you get 100% of drive and traction to both wheels.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

FPKites

ZJjazzyJim
FPKites's Reviews

04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install is a bit complex, but possible for a shadetree mechanic. Decent road manners.

pwreconomist
pwreconomist's Reviews

03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Again, my lockers weren't on here. Both axles running lock-rites. Not as good as the real things (air, ox), but not a bad price for the limited amount of use. Set was around $500. Install was $150, but that was 6 years ago.

PhatForrest
PhatForrest's Reviews

03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent, and pretty easy to install.

04WJLtd.
04WJLtd.'s Reviews

03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent

JBN311

JBN311's Reviews

03-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Price: $289.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Still waiting to get it!!!

ggjeep
ggjeep's Reviews

02-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, great product for the money.

jeeptillidie

jeeptillidie's Reviews

02-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it.

northjeep

Jeep parking ONLY
northjeep's Reviews

12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Pros: ease of install, cost to performance ratio, quality of product
Cons: ocasional clunks, makes winter driving "different" :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounted in a ford 8.8.

The install is a bit tight and the springs were tricky to get in there.
Overall this is the best higher dollar purchase I have made for the YJ.

Traction is always there: wet, dry, winter, summer, sand, mud, highway, parking lot.

Fogrunner

Fogrunner's Reviews

11-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Pros: Cheap and easy to install and it's invisible
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great locker. I have it in my D30. Like I say, it's invisible, you don't know it's there untill you need it...

Lee Iaccoca
Lee Iaccoca's Reviews

11-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Pros: Performance-to-Price
Cons: You'll can take on more aggressive trails -- so you might see more body damage, and need more repairs and mods than you had in your budget (haha)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had an Aussie in the front end since mid-2006. Works great. Probably doing the rear-end also.

I used Mobil 1 and now Royal Purple synthetics in the diffs and I've never heard any noise since Day 1 with the Aussie. Perhaps the lower friction oils help there.

Lostj

Lostj's Reviews

09-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Pros: Awesome offroad, and onroad and great price!
Cons: None so far but slight clicking while turning tight might be a "con" for others
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The aussie is one of my favorite upgrades . as far as hill/rock climbing I can go up stuff with ease that my buddies with much bigger tires and unlocked front ends have ALOT of trouble doing (they need to get some speed while I can just crawl over). In mud, it's nice to be able to "saw" the wheels back and forth when stuck and have both of the tires moving

the install was very simple, check out my post in this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...86&postcount=4
[http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=aussie

I would choose the aussie over the lockright as I've NEVER heard anyone complain about the aussie but I have heard people complain about the lockrite.
also aussie locker stands behind their product and have a awesome warranty.

I bought mine from Dave at www.Northridge4x4.com
It shipped fast and they have great customer service!

-Matt

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/mattorias/jeep/Offroading/Lost%20Lake/8-12-07/CIMG1113.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/mattorias/jeep/Offroading/The%20Hump/3-18-07/CIMG0767.jpg

PanthrosRevenge

PanthrosRevenge's Reviews

08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: Price, Self Install
Cons: Dana 35 complications, Manual
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just finished the install on my Dana 35 and I ended up having to shim my thrust washers and grind my carrier to get the right gaps and have every thing fit in there. A big tip is to look up the specialized install manual on their website. The manual that came with the locker wasn't great, especially with the explanation of the gap measurements(.006-.020 gap PER SIDE means a total gap of .012-.040 when measuring the axle gears and spacers), but other than that it was relatively easy.

aszalan

aszalan's Reviews

07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Price: $249.00
Pros: cost
Cons: instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed one in my Dana 30 last spring. Instructions could be better, but was able to download some lunchbox locker installation notes from the internet which helped. total install time was 3 hours. has worked flawlessly, and almost invisible in 2wd.

dennylou1
dennylou1's Reviews

06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Pros: great traction
Cons: a little rattly in turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had one in the front D30 before I went to ARBs. From a traction standpoint, it works every bit as good as an ARB at a fraction of the cost. Install was pretty straightforward, even for a C- grade driveway mechanic like me.

instg8tor
instg8tor's Reviews

04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Pros: Excellent traction, great price, outstanding customer service
Cons: gets a bit bucky when turning in to parking spots (no fault of Aussie, general fault of lunchbox style)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed it in two hours including dinner into a AMC 20 rear. Nice clean easy to understand instructions, and customer service was excellent. Manners on road are more than acceptable for a lunchbox locker - off road is awsome.

txjeep103
txjeep103's Reviews

02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Pros: dont notice it when in 2-wheel, but i get excellent traction in 4 wheel
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very simple install (dana 30 front end). i cannot tell that i have a locker when im driving on the street, but once its in 4 wheel drive, you can definitely know the difference!

conrasm

conrasm's Reviews

12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Pros: price, DIY installation, cheap locker, no tire size limitations
Cons: noisy, back end gets squirrelly in snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have an aussie in my rear XJ dana 44. It's a little more of a chore to put these in axle's that have "thick" ring gears (dana 44), because the cross shaft will not clear the ring gear. That means you have to pull the carrier and remove the ring gear from the differential. Not a biggie, but a little more labor intensive that some may have you believe.

It works great for offroad. You do have to adjust your on-road driving slightly. I have noticed the jeep pulling slightly to the outside of a turn as I straighten up, especially if you are accelerating hard. Plus they are loud when they are first installed. Mine has only been in for two months now and maybe 400 miles, so it may quiet down after break in.

As with any full time locker, you have to be careful in rain and snow as the rear end will break loose easily and send you sideways. Side hill traction in slippery situations can also be tricky. With both tires spinning, it want to slide downhill.

I always get strange looks when I'm turning in parking lots. People thing you jeep is falling apart, but in a way, they're right, just for the wrong reasons.

Kcolg
Kcolg's Reviews

09-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Pros: Great traction, most affordable lunchbox locker, works everytime
Cons: occasionally sounds like it is binding, but normal for lunchbox locker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had an Aussie Locker in my front D30 for about a year and it has worked great. Very easy to install, took me about 1 and a half hours from lifting the vehilce to cleanup after it was installed. The only negative I had was it was kinda noisey compared to what other had said about it being silent and not even noticable. However after about 6-7 months it quited down and is now completely quiet. Breakin period I am guessing.

barry1me

barry1me's Reviews

08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: best lunchbox locker for the money
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this thing is remarkable, only thing I would suggest is to upgrade your axles and ujoints. This thing offers some serious traction

Leroux

Leroux's Reviews

08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Pros: Affordable, great quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works perfect for a lunchbox locker. Have it in the D30.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »