post #1 of Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker

For traction output, strength and durability, the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker. rivals much more expensive competitive lockers sold only as complete case replacement assemblies. It is a leading product because the LOCK-RIGHT delivers as much traction output, its end assembly is exceptionally strong, is much less expensive, and does not require professional installation (because the complete case assembly does not have to be replaced and realigned with precision calibration equipment). An excellent choice for off-road vehicle applications, performance enthusiasts also began using the LOCK-RIGHT LOCKER to satisfy their extreme traction requirements for racing, hot-rods and muscle cars.

The LOCK-RIGHT's operation is fully automatic. Designed to send the engine power to the wheels with the most traction, the LOCK-RIGHT will help get you where you want to go. While traveling straight the LOCK-RIGHT will lock the axles together similar to a spool. However, when the wheels need to differentiate in a turn, the LOCK-RIGHT will allow the outside wheel to rotate faster to complete the turn. The internal gears on the LOCK-RIGHT will overrun each other to allow this differentiation.
When operating off-road, the LOCK-RIGHT will always send the engine power to the wheels that need it most. For example, if you are rock crawling and one wheel is in the air (complete loss of traction), the wheel on the ground will receive the engine power and keep you going. Whether it be snow, sand, mud, ice, etc... the LOCK-RIGHT will give you the traction you need.

Although smoother than other competitive locking differentials, the brute force characteristics of the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker limit general application in less tolerant and more mainstream applications. In some vehicles, you will hear a light clicking noise as the gears are overrunning themselves and allowing the wheels to differentiate in a turn. This is normal of most lockers on the market today. We recommend the LOCK-RIGHT for vehicles that are primarily driven in severe driving conditions or are used for recreational off-road. For vehicles that are driven daily or require more mainstream application, the POWERTRAX TRACTION SYSTEMS offer a quieter and smoother performance

post #2 of Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
cj847
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Works great. Love it.
post #3 of Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
JOJ 91 xj

This is good when you need it but sometimes it makes your *** end walk when you don't want it to in the snow and there is no way to disengage which sucks...kills the on road performance and the clicking sound makes it sound like something is wrong with your rig
post #4 of Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
thomasj7186
1994 YJ Wrangler 

awesome cheap and works good too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 AM
odwaud
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ha dont take that offroad. i destroyed mine on a hill climb in about 10 minutes.
post #6 of Old 11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I like it. It locks well. And it's easy to install. And it came free with my D30.
post #7 of Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
erickpl

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Why do I need 75 characters to provide a review? I Just want to list em. Adding characters to shut this thing up.
post #8 of Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Fire-XJ
1982 CJ2A 

I got this about 4 months ago and installed into my D35C rear. Installation was not too hard. It took about 2.5 hours, including jacking the Jeep up, etc. Instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. First trip around the block after the installation scared me to death. It sounded like the hole rear end was coming apart. I thought I screwed something up. But the wheels kept turning so I kept going. After a few miles things quieted down a bit.

Four months later I am not certain I will keep this thing installed. Traction in mud and sand is great. But backing out of the driveway it sounds like the rear end is falling apart. Sometimes on corners, the inside wheel will spin about a half a turn and then suddenly the locker engages and the Jeep launches into the corner. Occasionally it will do the same thing when taking off in a straight line from a dead stop. I am curious to see what this acts like if and when we get some snow or ice. I think that will determine if I keep it or not.
post #9 of Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love mine!

Got it from alljeep.com for $220. Best price Ive found.
post #10 of Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
josh9465
1999 TJ Wrangler 

these twisted by stock axle splines. upgraded to alloy axles and seem to be good so far. this was my only locker in the TJ for a few years before i got an eaton elocker in the rear and it got me through most obstacles.
post #11 of Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
wayno32m

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just installed the lockrite (i`m a novice) in my dana 30 and i thought i was over my head at first (damn axel seals gave me a headache) but i got it in and so far it works great, the directions could be better.
post #12 of Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 AM
KennYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I installed one of these in my 8.8 and was amazed at how much driveline slack it created. Since by design there is so much play between the locker and the cross pin every time you are on or off the gas there is a loud clunk. When trying to go slow sometimes all that slack will cause the jeep to start to lurch and buck making an unbelievable racket.

Drive line slack = shock loading = broken parts.....

I am going to put my lock right back in the box and order an ARB, should have just done that to begin with
post #13 of Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 PM
grandcherr88
2000 WJ 

Brute Force Devices For Rugged Applications,Best Value For Greatly Increased Traction,Complete Replacement Of Diff. Case Not Req.,Simple Installation,Ring And Pinion Setup Not Altered,Installs Easily In Front/Rear Or Both,Proven In Most Demanding Applications
post #14 of Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 AM
gjeffers72
2007 JK Wrangler 

I bought mine about 10 years ago and felt i need to let eveyone know that it is very tough and reliable. it has been tested to the max around death valley and panimint valley, even on the Dusey. never a problem.I had a wheel bearing go out last summer and upon pulling the locker found that there was vertually no wear on the locker, only a little on the cross pin. buy one and go have fun!