Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $248.00
Manufacturer: Richmond Gear (Lock-Right)
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 1

For traction output, strength and durability, the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker. rivals much more expensive competitive lockers sold only as complete case replacement assemblies. It is a leading product because the LOCK-RIGHT delivers as much traction output, its end assembly is exceptionally strong, is much less expensive, and does not require professional installation (because the complete case assembly does not have to be replaced and realigned with precision calibration equipment). An excellent choice for off-road vehicle applications, performance enthusiasts also began using the LOCK-RIGHT LOCKER to satisfy their extreme traction requirements for racing, hot-rods and muscle cars.

The LOCK-RIGHT's operation is fully automatic. Designed to send the engine power to the wheels with the most traction, the LOCK-RIGHT will help get you where you want to go. While traveling straight the LOCK-RIGHT will lock the axles together similar to a spool. However, when the wheels need to differentiate in a turn, the LOCK-RIGHT will allow the outside wheel to rotate faster to complete the turn. The internal gears on the LOCK-RIGHT will overrun each other to allow this differentiation.
When operating off-road, the LOCK-RIGHT will always send the engine power to the wheels that need it most. For example, if you are rock crawling and one wheel is in the air (complete loss of traction), the wheel on the ground will receive the engine power and keep you going. Whether it be snow, sand, mud, ice, etc... the LOCK-RIGHT will give you the traction you need.

Although smoother than other competitive locking differentials, the brute force characteristics of the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker limit general application in less tolerant and more mainstream applications. In some vehicles, you will hear a light clicking noise as the gears are overrunning themselves and allowing the wheels to differentiate in a turn. This is normal of most lockers on the market today. We recommend the LOCK-RIGHT for vehicles that are primarily driven in severe driving conditions or are used for recreational off-road. For vehicles that are driven daily or require more mainstream application, the POWERTRAX TRACTION SYSTEMS offer a quieter and smoother performance

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

gjeffers72
gjeffers72's Reviews

06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: great lockup
Cons: a little slack in the cross pin
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine about 10 years ago and felt i need to let eveyone know that it is very tough and reliable. it has been tested to the max around death valley and panimint valley, even on the Dusey. never a problem.I had a wheel bearing go out last summer and upon pulling the locker found that there was vertually no wear on the locker, only a little on the cross pin. buy one and go have fun!

grandcherr88
grandcherr88's Reviews
02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Price: $410.00
Pros: easy quick install, no adjusting, works great when you need it,
Cons: consumable product, lots of parts to wear out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Brute Force Devices For Rugged Applications,Best Value For Greatly Increased Traction,Complete Replacement Of Diff. Case Not Req.,Simple Installation,Ring And Pinion Setup Not Altered,Installs Easily In Front/Rear Or Both,Proven In Most Demanding Applications

KennYJ

KennYJ's Reviews

07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: very loud
Recommended? No

Comments: I installed one of these in my 8.8 and was amazed at how much driveline slack it created. Since by design there is so much play between the locker and the cross pin every time you are on or off the gas there is a loud clunk. When trying to go slow sometimes all that slack will cause the jeep to start to lurch and buck making an unbelievable racket.

Drive line slack = shock loading = broken parts.....

I am going to put my lock right back in the box and order an ARB, should have just done that to begin with

wayno32m

wayno32m's Reviews
06-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Price: $234.00
Pros: somewhat easy install (for novice)
Cons: instructions could be more specific to applications and photo`s are copies of copies in b&w (waste)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed the lockrite (i`m a novice) in my dana 30 and i thought i was over my head at first (damn axel seals gave me a headache) but i got it in and so far it works great, the directions could be better.

josh9465
josh9465's Reviews
04-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Price: $430.00
Pros: great locker.
Cons: can be harsh on axle splines
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these twisted by stock axle splines. upgraded to alloy axles and seem to be good so far. this was my only locker in the TJ for a few years before i got an eaton elocker in the rear and it got me through most obstacles.

broncofire75
broncofire75's Reviews
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Locks them down good. Crazy traction
Cons: Kinda hinder U-turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love mine!

Got it from alljeep.com for $220. Best price Ive found.

Fire-XJ

Fire-XJ's Reviews

12-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Pros: Awesome off road traction
Cons: Very clunky on dry pavement
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this about 4 months ago and installed into my D35C rear. Installation was not too hard. It took about 2.5 hours, including jacking the Jeep up, etc. Instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. First trip around the block after the installation scared me to death. It sounded like the hole rear end was coming apart. I thought I screwed something up. But the wheels kept turning so I kept going. After a few miles things quieted down a bit.

Four months later I am not certain I will keep this thing installed. Traction in mud and sand is great. But backing out of the driveway it sounds like the rear end is falling apart. Sometimes on corners, the inside wheel will spin about a half a turn and then suddenly the locker engages and the Jeep launches into the corner. Occasionally it will do the same thing when taking off in a straight line from a dead stop. I am curious to see what this acts like if and when we get some snow or ice. I think that will determine if I keep it or not.

erickpl

erickpl's Reviews

11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why do I need 75 characters to provide a review? I Just want to list em. Adding characters to shut this thing up.

hyperboarder
hyperboarder's Reviews

11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it. It locks well. And it's easy to install. And it came free with my D30.

odwaud
odwaud's Reviews

09-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ha dont take that offroad. i destroyed mine on a hill climb in about 10 minutes.

thomasj7186
thomasj7186's Reviews

06-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Price: $96.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome cheap and works good too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

JOJ 91 xj
JOJ 91 xj's Reviews

04-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is good when you need it but sometimes it makes your *** end walk when you don't want it to in the snow and there is no way to disengage which sucks...kills the on road performance and the clicking sound makes it sound like something is wrong with your rig

cj847
cj847's Reviews

04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great. Love it.