Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Richmond Gear (Lock-Right) Powertrax No Slip Locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $226.87
Manufacturer: Richmond Gear (Lock-Right)
Recommended?
Yes: 32 / No: 1

For traction output, strength and durability, the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker. rivals much more expensive competitive lockers sold only as complete case replacement assemblies. It is a leading product because the LOCK-RIGHT delivers as much traction output, its end assembly is exceptionally strong, is much less expensive, and does not require professional installation (because the complete case assembly does not have to be replaced and realigned with precision calibration equipment). An excellent choice for off-road vehicle applications, performance enthusiasts also began using the LOCK-RIGHT LOCKER to satisfy their extreme traction requirements for racing, hot-rods and muscle cars.

The LOCK-RIGHT's operation is fully automatic. Designed to send the engine power to the wheels with the most traction, the LOCK-RIGHT will help get you where you want to go. While traveling straight the LOCK-RIGHT will lock the axles together similar to a spool. However, when the wheels need to differentiate in a turn, the LOCK-RIGHT will allow the outside wheel to rotate faster to complete the turn. The internal gears on the LOCK-RIGHT will overrun each other to allow this differentiation.
When operating off-road, the LOCK-RIGHT will always send the engine power to the wheels that need it most. For example, if you are rock crawling and one wheel is in the air (complete loss of traction), the wheel on the ground will receive the engine power and keep you going. Whether it be snow, sand, mud, ice, etc... the LOCK-RIGHT will give you the traction you need.

Although smoother than other competitive locking differentials, the brute force characteristics of the POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker limit general application in less tolerant and more mainstream applications. In some vehicles, you will hear a light clicking noise as the gears are overrunning themselves and allowing the wheels to differentiate in a turn. This is normal of most lockers on the market today. We recommend the LOCK-RIGHT for vehicles that are primarily driven in severe driving conditions or are used for recreational off-road. For vehicles that are driven daily or require more mainstream application, the POWERTRAX TRACTION SYSTEMS offer a quieter and smoother performance

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

T1ckt0ck
T1ckt0ck's Reviews
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Locks up nicely
Cons: Occasional unloading while driving.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it with another axle for another project. Very simple install. Works good so far (2 trips off road).

Daddy_Stew

Daddy_Stew's Reviews
10-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Effective in keeping the rig moving regardless of the terrain
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My first experience with lockers and they definitely make a difference.

Kitsune
Kitsune's Reviews
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Locks NOW
Cons: Locks NOW
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had this locker in the rear (ford 8.8) and have never busted it. Not from lack of trying mind you. Last time I went to break the Jeep, I ended up smashing the tub and breaking every spider in the front axle. Rear is solid. Only thing I don't like is when on pavement, you cant accelerate through a turn or it locks up and makes you go straight.

TheMadMike
TheMadMike's Reviews
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: great traction
Cons: pops when cornering sharp
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great and cheap locker. Vary easy to install and make a huge difference in offroad ability.

uplandhawaii
uplandhawaii's Reviews
07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Bought used but functions fine.
Cons: It loads up and pops in/out of turns.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When it loads up and pops in/out of turn it can be pretty irritating. Down right spooky if you are not used to it, sounds like the axle blew up! I rather have this installed than be without a locker.

JayHewitt
JayHewitt's Reviews
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Price: $315.00
Pros: grips like no other
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install. works awesome. did not lose out on drivablity

cheapjeep71
cheapjeep71's Reviews
04-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Price. Works automatically
Cons: works automatically
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Low cost to get a locker in a D35. fairly simple to install; don't need to remve carrier. I have enjoyed it completely. Best inexpensive up-grade I've made. Though it does not cooperate in snow very well. Tends to kick the back end around if your not careful.

Paulman25
Paulman25's Reviews
03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: cheap, works awesome
Cons: light clunking while shifting because dif pin fits loose in locker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bang for your buck. Easy to install

daddoty
daddoty's Reviews
10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Price: $385.00
Pros: Locks up great when power is on.
Cons: Sometimes after turning a corner it only spins pass side. you have to let off and when you reapply power it locks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this in because i had limited slip in my 8.8 rear and a lock-rite wouldn't fit. The install was simple after calling teck support and learning to grind 1/8 off one of the teeth of the ring gear to slip the pin out. Take your time and follow the directions and it is not a bad locker for a low budget. No gear work required.

Louie4

Powah Injanir
Louie4's Reviews
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Easier to install and disassemble than a Detroit EZ Locker. Good for both the hardcore and light trail riders.
Cons: Not selectable. Had to take the carrier and ring gear out to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this lunchbox locker in my D30 front end. It made a world of difference. I thought the rear locker was like night and day but with this installed and having all 4 wheels turning I can go places I never thought I would. This locker is good for the weekend warrior or the hardcore folks. The only thing I didn't like was removing the carrier and the ring gear from the housing. Not that it was real difficult just required a few more steps.

sbenja2003
sbenja2003's Reviews
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Works
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Major traction increase

johnnycrash
johnnycrash's Reviews

04-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Price: $275.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Picked it up locally after it had been used in a yj for a season. since ive had it i've had racing slicks and when getting stuck made 2 even holes under the rear of my truck HAHA, but for the price its awesome.

Heathen447
Heathen447's Reviews

03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Price: $205.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great little add-in that basically allows to travel 24 hours and not have to lock the transfer case in.

demoguru
demoguru's Reviews

02-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the front lock-right used on here. Stock dana 30 in the front. Welded the stock dana 35 in the rear. WOW what a difference the locker makes. I had a lot of people telling me to do differently but I didn't listen. I can go ALMOST anywhere now with the front and rear locked!! Only disadvantage is the rear obviiously stays locked all the time. The front (don't have lock outs) keeps one axle turning all the time. Not a big deal for the amount of time I spend on the road though.

Mr_McNasty

Mr_McNasty's Reviews

02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing. I have it installed on my d35, and I can barely hear it. Very effective. I'm going to lock the front with one as well.

Dansen_in_Ohio
Dansen_in_Ohio's Reviews

12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Price: $410.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the No-Slip in the front D30. With the stock 3.07 gearing, there was room to do everything in the differential without taking out the carrier.

hendroxy
hendroxy's Reviews

11-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only thing I have installed myself on my jeep. Had some old pro watchin over my shoulder. Got me hooked on workin on my beast. The clicking is just reminding you it's there.

mikes_muse
mikes_muse's Reviews

10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Price: $430.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

BrutalBehavior
BrutalBehavior's Reviews

10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Price: $276.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very good locker, just dont accelerate out of corners lol, its kindof loud when it slips in corners but after a week or 2 of driving it everyday it quieted down dramatically.

YJ_Auzzy
YJ_Auzzy's Reviews

09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got them front and rear along with the 4.56's makes a killer combo!! definently reccomended

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »