Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Ox-Trax Cable Locker OXD30C373H-27

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Ox-Trax Cable Locker OXD30C373H-27 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Ox-Trax Cable Locker OXD30C373H-27

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,400.00
Average Price: $689.13
Manufacturer: Ox-Trax Cable Locker
Recommended?
Yes: 19 / No: 0

A cable actuated selectable locker. It goes from open to locked with the throw of a lever. You don't have to deal with air, clutches, or electricity.

The Ox locker is extremely reliable and every part is milled from either billet or plate steel. There's nothing simpler than this design.

The included cover is substantially stronger than stock, and most other aftermarket covers.

The cable is aircraft quality and rated for 365,000 pulls.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

skullyboy
skullyboy's Reviews
08-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: easy to use, no need for air to actuate
Cons: was tricky to get it set right to work
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The OX works as promised. It did take the shop 3 times to get it set right so it would work. I am not sure if it was difficult to do or just a bad mechanic. It now works like a dream.. The only other issue was trying to get the cable run in a user friendly way.

jcassise
jcassise's Reviews
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Price: $768.00
Pros: Solid actuation Came with strong Diff cover Selectable
Cons: Cost Kind of a pain to mount Switch lever Kind of a pain to run and use a cable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product very strong and locks up great. Could not think of the idea of not having it selectable and didn't want to have to use air to do it. Electronic lockers are easier but just not as strong

JohnnyFlyinRyan
JohnnyFlyinRyan's Reviews
09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Posi Front
Cons: Perm lock so no 2LO
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its actually a 4x4 posi lock: perm lock 1100

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Does not rely on electric or air lines, Selectable, cheaper than investing in a ARB kit
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It defiantly does the job. I like that it is more simple than the electric and air lockers. When making repairs on the trail simplicity is key.

Kick
Kick's Reviews

09-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Pros: very strong and solid unit that does what it supposed to do. improve traction
Cons: I had to pay a few extra hundred to get it installed, since i don't know how to set gear lash, no con on the locker though
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product that has worked flawlessly for me. If you want strong and simple go this route. The guy that installed mine has done a few of them so cable routing wasn't a problem. You can purchase different cable lengths and mount your shifter where you want.

wrangler97

Overbuild
wrangler97's Reviews
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Reliable, Fast, Operates well on road and off
Cons: Can get stiff in the cold
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love Ox; great lockers and they will just keep on going no matter what. I like the knob in the cab and the feel of being able to lock the axle manually; no electronics or fluid required

ROWDY999
ROWDY999's Reviews

01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I HAVE BEEN EVERYWERE THE ARB OR DAINAS HAVE AND HAVE NOT BROKE YET. WOULD PUT UP BUY ALL OVER ON MY NEXT JEEP

jeep94yj
jeep94yj's Reviews

09-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Use to have a Detroit full time in my D35 rear (with Warn free floater upgrade) It blew and I replaced it with the OX - AWESOME !!

ChillinCherokee
ChillinCherokee's Reviews

08-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is not the exact model number of the one I'm using. I'm using a 31 spine set up but the locker is the same. Strong locker! Great action on cable. Feels strong when you pull it. Looks good too! Amazing diff. cover. When you pull this out of the box you will see what great engineering looks like. I love it. You have to back a bit to unlock, but great idea. No air lines!

2000TJDude
2000TJDude's Reviews

06-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Pros: Works every time
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ran the Rubicon on these lockers, loved having them. Not one stuck with the right line and both lockers set.

84jeepjohn
84jeepjohn's Reviews

06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well I have OX's in both axles, they are EASY to shift. yeah you need to take time and route the cable but it's not too hard.

RCXTREME

RCXTREME's Reviews

05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Price: $10.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the cable actuator. Never had a problem with it at all. Poor mans arb. Couldnt be happier with it.

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews

05-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Price: $747.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: actually got the ox for the rear d44, waiting for it to be delivered, can't wait

jkcopey

jkcopey's Reviews

04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed OX lockers front and rear. not difficult and work great.

dick9808
dick9808's Reviews

03-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It gets the job done!

PullMeSideways

PullMeSideways's Reviews

03-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works perfect everytime

Badride
Badride's Reviews

02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Pros: Works great
Cons: routing the cable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced the Powertrax no-slip in the Dana 30 with the Ox Locker. I hated the jerking motions and the poping sounds that would come out of the front end when driving, especially when on the road. Now it drives much better than before. As an added bonus if you are in 4wd you can unlock the front end and make some of the tight turns much easier. I loved it so much I ordered another Ox Locker for the rear! That way when I make a tight turn everybody won't look because of the tires squealling on the pavement or turning up the gravels in the parking lots. Besides, it will be less ware on the tires also.

MNKMcNeilly

MNKMcNeilly's Reviews

12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Pros: Selectable, reliable, beefy
Cons: $$ a bit pricey, cable routing is kind of a pain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Let me start by saying that this is my first experience with a locker. I have ridden with people who have them and they seem to be able to climb up anything.So, I decided to bite the bullet and shell out some cash in the name of Jeepin'.

I just finished my install and have only used the locker a few times, but it is amazing! While wheeling with a buddy, we both took the same line and I was able to make it where he have to take a easier line to make it. The traction is amazing!

khaiwi
khaiwi's Reviews
08-21-2007, 03:35 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the OX lockers on my 05 TJ both front D30 and rear D44 for almost a year now, and can tell that it worth every cent. I love them cause they work when u need them unlike others that fail due to power, air etc,,,,,

It was nightmare routing the cables away from heat (exhaust, catalytic converter etc) and adjusting them. But once done. your good to go and never touch them again.

I simply love them. I live in the desert and every now and then I intentionally get my jeep crested on a top of dune to test the lockers, and voi la they never let me down.

Cheers