Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Ox locker OXD44C392H-30

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Ox locker OXD44C392H-30 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Ox locker OXD44C392H-30

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $815.10
Manufacturer: Ox locker
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

Cable Actuated Dana 44 Locker for 3.92 and up, 30 Spline Axles

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JFjeld
JFjeld's Reviews

12-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Reliable, tough, low-maintenance, several options available, great customer support
Cons: Proper cable routing is essential.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been running front and rear Ox lockers for about a year now; one in my high pinion D30, and my rear D44. I did run into an issue initially with the routing of the front cable, in that it got too close to my exhaust and melted, even though it was wrapped in heater hose. But this was really my own fault. As a bonus, the folks at Ox discounted my shorter replacement cable, and discounted the drive-away locks I purchased.

These lockers are great, and have performed well in loose shale, mud, rocks, and snow. I've not had one mechanical issue in the year that I've been running them (other than the routing issue mentioned above). I would highly recommend these lockers.

92Mangler
92Mangler's Reviews
07-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Pros: These lockers provide positive engagement, and are super tough. They are very reliable, and there is never a question about whether they will hold. The covers are a huge bonus, as they can withstand a tremendous amount of abuse.
Cons: The only con I feel could be mentioned is that the lockers won't necessarily engage unless the axles on either side of the locker rotate at different speeds ( one wheel slips, or you make a tight turn.) This means that you need to keep pressure on the cable lever until the locker engages.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ox lockers are very reliable. I have been on the trail with friends who have other manufacturer's lockers and have had issues like failures to engage due to leaks, or slipping lockers. The ability to choose engaged or open, especially between front and rear enables you to maneuver in and around obstacles in ways a normal vehicle would not.

ChuckTe
ChuckTe's Reviews
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Awesome
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best thing I've ever done to my Jeep. I highly recomend these lockers to anyone.

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Does not rely on electric or air lines, selectable, cheaper than investing in and ARB kit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It defiantly does the job. I like that it is more simple than the electric and air lockers. When making repairs on the trail simplicity is key.

gabriel05
gabriel05's Reviews
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Price: $899.99
Pros: Works great, simple design, 30 spline
Cons: Cable was a bit of a bugger to adjust at first. Once I got it dialed it it works great.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this locker because it is one of the 2 that I know of to accept the 30 spline D35 shafts, and it comes with a beefy diff cover. I didn't want to get an ARB because the air system seemed too complicated and prone to failures. The cable was a little hard to setup just right in the beginning. After a few hours of messing with it in the driveway I got it setup perfect. It's been working fine ever since. Some people say that you have to readjust the cable if you take the diff cover off, in my case this is not true at all. I've had the cover off at least 3 times that I can think of, not once have I readjusted the cable. It just works, simple as that.

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: %100 Locked when engaged. Cable actuated.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great locker. Its amazing what a difference having a locker is. Easy to engage/disengage.

ChipKeckler
ChipKeckler's Reviews

10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Pros: Extremly ruggged and reliable Customer service is great and knowledgable A#1
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Ox Locker is a mechanical selectable locker for many of the popular jeep models. Easy to use once the cable is routed correctly and protected from rubbing and heat. Everything is explained in the istall instructions and the have a kick butt web support. www.ox-usa.com

Attachment 88896

N2rock

N2rock's Reviews
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Bulletproof
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you want a bomb-proof locker, and no worries about breaking an air line, this is the one

Ron Farrell
Ron Farrell's Reviews

12-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Ox locker OXD44C392H-30
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not completly happy with it yet. I think there may be some adjustment problems. Sometimes when you reall need it, it kicks in immediately. Other times it doesn't. you have to play around with it, shift it in and out, back up and go forward until it clicks in.

Jim93YJ

Jim93YJ's Reviews

10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Ox locker OXD44C392H-30
Pros: Actuates and Deactuates Easily and Securely, Reliable, Well Made, Built to Last
Cons: Routing Cable and Mounting Shifter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a very well thought out design which gives it great function and reliability. It takes some ingenuity to determine where best to put the shifter and route the cable for your particular application. Really straight forward in terms of installing and am really impressed overall!