Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Eaton Truetrac

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Eaton Truetrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Eaton Truetrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $322.50
Manufacturer: Eaton
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 1

The Detroit Truetrac was the first helical gear differential ever introduced into the automotive aftermarket as an Eaton brand. It remains the leading helical gear-type limited slip differential in the industry. Detroit Truetrac's proven helical gear design eliminates the need for wearable parts, resulting in maintenance free traction recognized not only for its toughness, but its smooth and quiet operation as well.

Proven design, low cost and effective performance all make the Detroit Truetrac limited slip differential the ideal choice for a wide variety of vehicle applications. No maintenance - Just Traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bwiygul
bwiygul's Reviews
09-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: seems good so far
Cons: don't have any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just have to remember if you're putting in a quadradrive vehicle you have to change the axle shafts too.

coolhandjohn
coolhandjohn's Reviews
09-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: great hook up
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product. drove around town in 6" of snow on radials before the snow plows where out and not once did i have to put my jeep in 4wd. not even taking off on the steepest of hills. soon to test off road.

Jollydodger
Jollydodger's Reviews

05-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Transparent on the street, doesn't effect steering even when it is working, plug and play nothing to adjust or turn on and off, awesome in mud, snow, snot covered rock and roots, gravel, sand and slick rock.
Cons: Not a full locker, has a bias ratio of 3:5:1
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have Truetracs front and rear on my 2009 JK and think they are great. I chose them because it's a daily driver, we see plenty of snow in the winter, so the lsd in the rear is just "there" whenever you need it for winter driving.

The trails I run are the whole gamut for rock, mud, water crossing, rotting logs, stumps and roots, snow etc. and I decided this was the best traction device for my conditions. Occasionally I might do better with full lockers but I very rarely get stuck or find myself not able to do what others can that have selectable lockers front and rear.

If I can't get enough traction with the Truetracs and brake modulation I can guarantee 95% of the guys behind me with lockers are going to be winching too.

AS FOR THE ONE NEGATIVE REVIEW BELOW:
It's obvious he has never used, or learned how to use Truetracs because his business doesn't sell them. Guess what, he does sell ARB. Thanks for the biased, unprofessional blatant spam type post. Nice job discrediting yourself and compromising your integrity providing false information for a potential few dollars.:finger:

Rockridge4WD

Vendor
Rockridge4WD's Reviews
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Price: $459.99
Pros: Good on road
Cons: Lets you down when you need it most.
Recommended? No

Comments: Good on the road but lets you down when you need it most. I think they are marketed so heavily and customers only want them because so many people think they are awesome. If you want the best, go with an ARB. That will be the best in both situations and won't let you down.

EGARR79
EGARR79's Reviews
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: comes on when i need it
Cons: non yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works well good on the highway great off road .

burkpau
burkpau's Reviews
11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: It works when it needs to.
Cons: A little noisy and a pain to install with big fingers.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this locker! It's cheep and it works all the time. It get me in trouble with 2wd and usually out of the trouble without using the 4wd, just to see how good it is. I use my jeep to plow my driveway in winter and usually don't even use 4wd! It kicks *** and works well!

JAWhitney
JAWhitney's Reviews
06-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: don't need 4x4 half the time
Cons: dont have one in front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bassically you only need one, but two would be awsome!
I never really need my 4x4 until i am getting into really thick stuff, and i don't even have mudders!

cdsmith_2002
cdsmith_2002's Reviews

02-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Eaton Truetrac
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've installed one in my front axle. I've only had it in the snow so far. It is smooth and quiet.