Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Eaton ELOCKER Eaton ELOCKER

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Eaton ELOCKER Eaton ELOCKER Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Eaton ELOCKER Eaton ELOCKER

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $750.00
Average Price: $996.60
Manufacturer: Eaton ELOCKER
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 2

The ELockerís electromagnetic locking mechanism is the next generation of aftermarket differential technology. Performs as an open differential until you decide that you need more traction. Eaton ELocker is your push button solution to almost any traction problem.

Designed expressly for 4-wheel drive systems to give you the ability to lock or unlock the differentials when necessary. When locked the Eaton ELocker performs as a full locker, capturing 100% of available torque and sending it equally to both ends of the axle.

The ELocker is built with precision-forged gears that are designed to mesh perfectly, providing improved strength and durability over a standard cut gear. Its ease of installation, reliability and push-button activation make ELocker an absolute must for all traction and off-road performance applications.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

NickInTimeFilms
NickInTimeFilms's Reviews
11-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Price: $730.00
Pros: Electric operation, Fully Selectable, Easy to install
Cons: Dana 30 compatibility issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a Dana 35 version but also needed a Dana 30 a month after when I goofed my re-gear plans a bit. I did all the work myself with zero prior experience and everything went pretty well. You'll have to re-shim your gears with a new locker so be prepared to do some research. I got a rebate on each one from summit so shop around for a good price.

The D35 went in without a hitch but the anti-rotation tabs had a bit more free play then I liked. The D30 will require some upgrades depending on your year Jeep. If you have a Central Axle Disconnect, you have to upgrade to solid axle shafts because there is no way to get the c-clip in the locker. The D30 is only available in 3.73 gear ratio and up so plan on re gearing if you had 3.55 like me. The wiring was pretty simple and the switches look nice in the cab.

I've used them a few times and they saved me from having to winch out once or twice. Once activated, the locker needs to make a full rotation or 2 to properly engage. Only give light throttle until you are locked otherwise you may shear your pinion pins which isn't covered under warranty. After that you can hammer down all you like. They are a true 50/50 torque split when active and a fully selectable locker. No clicking or wheel hop around turns when off.

I'm very confident in the performance of these lockers and like the ease of setup. No air lines or steel cables to run. If you have heavy wide tires, they'll give you the traction you want in mud and they are a must if you plan to seriously rock climb. I'm giving a thumbs up for each locker!

McNasty35

McNasty35's Reviews
03-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: They engage and disengage every time. Don't even notice they are in there until you need them.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The price I listed is for front and rear D30/ D44. I wheel, they work and haven't broken yet. Very satisfied.

GreenMachine_x
GreenMachine_x's Reviews
08-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Price: $2,100.00
Pros: they work great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: locker work great now a trail ready front bumper & back bumper & ready to go just about any where.

joshydt58
joshydt58's Reviews
07-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: push button lockers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: push button ease

vicaven
vicaven's Reviews

04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: electronic selection; locks when i want, unlocks when not needed.
Cons: pins round off too easily
Recommended? No

Comments: I have this eaton locker in my xj with an 8.8 swap using all tj parts for a 4 link converted rear. I am running 35's, and maybe that is what the problem is. Called eaton and they said that 35's are too big for this unit.......I call b.s. on that. i have ran all kinds of lockers and even including a lincoln and i never had problems before. I am going on my second rebuild on this unit and i have had it less than 5,000 mi. granted my jeep is not a daily driver but it does see the occasional weekend use and light to moderate wheeling. I am not hard on my junk but i can get aggressive when i need to. I would not recommend this unit for an 8.8, save your money use it towards other upgrades or a different locker.

cjmack21
cjmack21's Reviews
01-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Easy to operate. Strong Unit
Cons: Nothing!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Did not like the ARB option because of leaky air lines or a cable that can stretch. This locker has been put to the test on multiple occasions and passed the test every time without fail.

Loser1

Loser1's Reviews

11-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Pros: Selectable locker
Cons: None as of this post
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the ELockers (F&R) when I installed a 241. I researched the locker, and considered ARB too. Most problems I read about with the electronic lockers referred to the Ected. The front replaced an Aussie (never an issue). Wheeled the lockers a dozen times on the local trails. No issues at time of post. I wheel hard but not stupid.

I would recommend this locker.

Pawjob

Pawjob's Reviews
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Easy install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I debated between Eton and ARB. I went with Eton cause of the simple install. I felt ARB had too much to install, pump, electrical, air lines, solenoids. I put Eton in my Dana 30 I chose the 30 spline option which you need to order special bearings and my Dana 44. After running Eton for almost 2 years Im very please with the strength and durability. Locker ingages every time I flip the switch.

TJClown
TJClown's Reviews

04-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Able to turn on and off
Cons: Failed after a couple years and only about 6,000 miles. Ford 8.8 version is junk.
Recommended? No

Comments: The 8.8 version use pins that lock the spider gears. When shifting from forward to reverse the unit unlocks and relocks. This can round off the end of the pins over time causing the unit to fail. Not a robust design. Apparently not all of the E-Lockers use this design and the others are more robust. I cannot recommend the 8.8 axle version. They make a rebuild kit however it costs over $250. Add this to your time or labor at a shop and your better off buying a new and different locker. I called Eaton and of course they didn't have any good answers other than rebuilding it.

Pionex311

Pionex311's Reviews
03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Locks when i want them, quick and painless
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the locker set with my G2 axles. They have not done me wrong over the last year of use. Will update more when I return from deployment.

josh9465
josh9465's Reviews
04-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Price: $869.00
Pros: no airlines
Cons: only 2 pinion design
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works so far. havent had any problems with it. only engage it whilst stopped

Catman
Catman's Reviews

02-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works great............................................. .................................................. ......................

zband

zband's Reviews

01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very quiet locker not sure if it engages - its that quiet. expensive. The switches supplied by Eaton are ugly.

BYuen

BYuen's Reviews

01-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: No air lines, instantaneous actuation, solid unit, quiet
Cons: My D44 version is 2 pinion I beleive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this unit installed in my rear D44. It is great and has operated flawlessly so far, even under water (for those of you who are concerned). It's a clean and simple installation and provides instantaneous locking and unlocking. When I took this unit out of the box I was amazed at the thickness of the carrier. I am confident this unit will take whatever I encounter on the trail with open arms.