Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Detroit Soflocker

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Detroit Soflocker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Detroit Soflocker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $605.65
Manufacturer: Detroit
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 0

The most rugged positive locking differential, Detroit is the locker of choice for most four-wheelers wanting to tackle those severe off-road conditions. This automatic locker replaces your stock carrier assembly and provides 100% traction 100% of the time. With the introduction of the SofLocker, Tractec has been able to reduce some of the old bangs and quirks synonymous with the Detroit Locker, however, you can rest assured that when you need traction the Detroit SofLocker will deliver!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

14chavez
14chavez's Reviews
08-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Give and go, don't need to hit a button or wait for air.
Cons: Do feel it on the street.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is defiantly nice having a locker in. The only problem with the soft locker is that it is constantly so as the jeep is a daily driver you defiantly can tell its there while on the street.

cjmack21
cjmack21's Reviews
01-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Strong and reliable. No breakage yet.
Cons: Will knock your teeth out disengaging and reengaging going down the road!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the ultimate locker for strength and performance. Has terrible road manners however. If I did it again I would have put an E-Locker in the rear as well.

YJ475
YJ475's Reviews
04-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Locks up. Simple.
Cons: Loud noises and weird handling on pavement.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it as part of a rear axle, so it was already installed. It makes a huge difference. I'm running 33's on a D35, so I know I'm pushing my luck, but, the way I figure it, it allows me (so far) to not need to put so much throttle into an obstacle. I'm not really the type to barrel into something at 4,000 RPMs in 2nd gear, so hopefully my axles will hold. I do definitely notice it on the road, but that's just what you get, I guess.

Marcus1369
Marcus1369's Reviews
02-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Works great
Cons: Tares up my grass in the yard when I move it around.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very pleased with it. Traction to the rear axel is never a problem. It isnt loud.

nacheswheelin

nacheswheelin's Reviews
02-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Price: $599.00
Pros: locked up
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Original Lockers!!

MC_NickP

MC_NickP's Reviews

12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Price: $999.00
Pros: works excellent, very quiet
Cons: takes a little getting used to, finds "low side" of the road when on ice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i had this put in a few weeks ago and i love it. this is the super 35 kit. on dry pavement you dont even notice it is there. on snow and ice it doesnt do so well, but we dont get much snow where i live. but the locker is awesome offroad.

thelastcj
thelastcj's Reviews
11-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Strong as can be and have never let me down.
Cons: kinda suck on the street, but ive been doing it for years
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had mine since 03 and never even a hiccup of a problem, and ive been through some pretty crazy trails and made a few of my own. wouldnt buy anything else. Seen others break or have issues while mine just keep going. once u get use to driving them on the street they are fine, and u cant argue with the offroad abilities.

FireJeep540
FireJeep540's Reviews

07-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Never misses a beat
Cons: can take you by suprize sometimes, no turning it off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great locker excelent off road abilitys. On road has taken some getting use to. left turns with stock sway bar could get hairy if you stomp on it. also with the dana 35 when it unlocks loudly you are always wondering if was normal or was that the axle. awsome all time locker.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews
02-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Pros: Locked all the time, very quiet, excellent traction, not quirky on the road
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The construction of this full case locker is exceptional. I was concerned about the on road handling before I installed it, but once I got her on the road, it was awesome. Sure there are some quirks such as when you get on the gas, it tends to jump when locks up. There is no noise from it when "ratchets". Great locker even in the rear of a daily driver in Alaska.

dahlski6

dahlski6's Reviews
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Works perfectly
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What a difference this locker made. My little four banger goes up anything now.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Pros: full time locker with no manual input
Cons: to much for a dana 35, noisy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had this in my Dana 35 for about 3 years, it worked like a champ and helped push through the tough stuff. It was fine daily driving in crappy weather with a manual, not sure about an auto. This thing beat the crap out of the dana 35 though and blew it up 2 times on 33s. i would highly recommend for a stonger axle like an 8.8 or D44. It takes a while to get used to the clicks and booms. this is a noisy locker.

I now have one as well in my D30 and both Dana 60's. Never fails and no electronics or airlines to mess with. Turning in 4 LO can be a pain in the slop but I highly recommend Detroit lockers.

Jeep-AI
Jeep-AI's Reviews
12-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ....................

99_green_tj

99_green_tj's Reviews
10-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Price: $495.00
Pros: Excellent locker, very well behaved locker,
Cons: none.....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This locker is extremely tough, and pulls like crazy. I absolutely love the way it helps the jeep pull.

bigblue2491
bigblue2491's Reviews
07-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: gets the job done
Cons: no complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: on the car when i bought it havent had any problems with it keeps me out of trouble

OlivergreenCJ7

OlivergreenCJ7's Reviews
06-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Price: $560.00
Pros: worry free and no special lubricants to run.
Cons: could break if an axle shaft is broken, but very rare.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the soft lockers in my dana 30 and AMC 20. The rear is hardly noticed on the street in my CJ7. I like the added insurance of a locker with nothing to leak air or cable to snap. Very subtle lock up and hardly noticed off road. On road quicks are only noticed around turns when hitting the gas pedal or if you have uneven tire pressure could cause a noticed lock up.

+GRAVES+

Corporate Whore
+GRAVES+'s Reviews
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: No spin
Cons: takes a bit of getting used to as it makes the Jeep handle a lot differently than with open diffs. You definitely can tell it's there driving on road, especially in turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: takes a bit of getting used to as it makes the Jeep handle a lot differently than with open diffs. You definitely can tell it's there driving on road, especially in turns. But it does the job it's suposed to do offroad. Lockers in general make a huge difference for crawling

MuddyJeepZJ

MuddyJeepZJ's Reviews

03-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Detroit Soflocker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best locker out there no wires to break or air lines to rip off. It always works and you never have to worry about it not working.

ivanimal
ivanimal's Reviews

01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Detroit Soflocker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 1/4 turn front lockers on the front and lockers on the rear as well I love the 1/4 turn as they are real easy to turn unlike the stock hubs on my last jeep

Jumphog
Jumphog's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Detroit Soflocker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love my lockers! Rugged, dependable, and a sure thing for lock-up! In fact, with a Detroit Locker up front, you need to be sure you are off-road, or things get REAL dicey in a hurry

ajeepcreep
ajeepcreep's Reviews

12-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Detroit Soflocker
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 30 spline detroit locker in the rear Dan 35.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »