Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Axles > Lockers > Aussie Locker auto locker

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Aussie Locker auto locker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lockers Next Product

Aussie Locker auto locker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $257.85
Manufacturer: Aussie Locker
Recommended?
Yes: 111 / No: 7

Aussie Lockers are good quality lunchbox-style auto-locker for open differentials.
they replace just your open-style spider gears with a ratcheting mechanism.
Aussie Lockers: Lockers, aussie lockers, torq-masters technology, automatic positive locking differentials, automatic precision locker differentials, off road, off-road

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Monkeybomber
Monkeybomber's Reviews
09-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Product works exactly as advertised. It's simple to install and can be done by a complete novice.
Cons: Unlocks going around turns. Will make people think your front axle has issues.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: **THIS IS NOT AN AUSSIE LOCKER. This review is on the 27 spline Spartan locker, and it operates on the same principle, so I went with it. **

I got this as a gift, but I knew the price beforehand. I installed it in the front D30 of my JKU, and I've been nothing but impressed. I did have to adjust the locker once post installation, but this was entirely my fault for doing a sloppy installation job the first time and not checking the backlash.

This locker is without a doubt the BEST $300 I've spent on mods thus far. It adds a HUGE amount of capability to your jeep; and to yourself as well. You can install it yourself in a weekend going slow, and you'll learn invaluable information about your axle.

I've run this locker for about 10k miles now, 1k with 35's and I haven't had any issues. Was very loud initially, but I switched to a heavier oil (80w140) and over the course of the last 1k miles it has been butter smooth. Would HIGHLY recommend.

937Comanche
937Comanche's Reviews
08-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Easy install. Works as advertised. Quieter than the earlier versions
Cons: The clicking on slow-speed parking lot turns may bother those super sensitive about such things
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine was for an 8.25. Rumor is that Torq Masters redesigned the Aussie when they moved production from China to the U.S. It does seem more smooth and quiet then the one I purchased in '08 for the 8.25 in my KJ.

kippo
kippo's Reviews
07-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Simple affordable and it works
Cons: Non as of yet. Took a little time to get use to.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation was a breeze. Dana 35 can have some clearence issues. If you get these go ahead and call ecgs and order up a new set of spider gear side thrust washers. Instructions were good and cusomer service was above and beyond. I was instaling mine on a sat and my clearences were off so I tried calling and one of there engineers called me back 30 mins later and answered every question I had.

TaylorJeffreyJR
TaylorJeffreyJR's Reviews
07-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Price: $256.00
Pros: Traction
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed the locker earlier today. Tested it on some crazy hills. Love it! I don't notice it till I take a turn. Even then it's not noticeable.

jammie155

jammie155's Reviews
04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: great , blew my mind how much better , got from jf member
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: took to the cliffs here in Illinois made huge difference, very happy

mtnbiker995

Livin the dream
mtnbiker995's Reviews
03-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Price: $290.00
Pros: MADE IN USA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good with this

Harathor
Harathor's Reviews
01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: they work well.
Cons: can be a bit of a pain on snow and turning on tight trials.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are cheep and they have worked well so far. They can be a pain in compact snow and ice, but they work well in the hills.

Creepin97
Creepin97's Reviews
09-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: works great, never had any issues with it
Cons: the obvious auto locker clicking noise when turning, thats it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, easy install. and is not that loud for an auto locker.

Bullfrog80
Bullfrog80's Reviews
05-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Price: $249.00
Pros: Amazing off road performance
Cons: The benefits far outweigh all negatives...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the Aussie installed in my rear axle. The added traction off road is amazing. They do make some noise and have a learning curve on road. I've found to take it easy shifting while raining because it unlocks and locks upon shifting. My jeep isn't my daily driver but even if it was I would be happy with the Aussie installed in the rear.

tj1997tj
tj1997tj's Reviews
04-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: locks the axles
Cons: locks the axles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed in a front dana 30. ordered from northridge 4x4

jrobb913
jrobb913's Reviews
04-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Pros: helps offroad with traction and is quiet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought for added offroad traction as open diffs can only get you so far, its worked great so far and have had no issues

Dean7276

Dean7276's Reviews
03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Pros: Gets you farther than you would have gotten un-locked
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy installation. I've never messed with differentials before but this was straight forward. Read the instructions or watch a video about it on YouTube and go for it. First time on the trail after I installed it I was easily going places I couldn't before. Wish I had done it sooner.

CitadelXJ
CitadelXJ's Reviews

02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Pros: Locked Axle Cheap Rugged
Cons: Clicking is sometimes annoying in very tight turns as those in a parking lot. Not Selectable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have run this locker in my HP Dana 30 for nearly a year now. It provides awesome traction. I've only gotten stuck once so far and that was because my open diff in the back dug me in to the axle.

The clicking is annoying at first, but after a while, I forget it's there.

MPM19
MPM19's Reviews
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: easy infall, quiet, effective, don't know its there until 4wd is engaged
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install was fairly simple and only took a couple of hours. Gave me exactly what I needed as the jeep is still my daily driver. Don't know it is there until engaged into 4wd because it is installed in my front Dana 30. Once put in 4wd and the axle locked, the off-road improvement is like night and day!

ROWA

ROWA's Reviews
02-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Quiet
Cons: Not selectable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this locker in the front, during normal driving I don't notice it at all. I locks up for offroad and still let's me make tight turns.

Cavasar

Cavasar's Reviews
01-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Cheap Improved traction
Cons: Not selectable clicking sound?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it cheap off craigslist. It's great for a DD and works great on the trail. It clicks when you turn so others think something is broken haha.

cfmiller58

cfmiller58's Reviews
01-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Pros: great immediate traction, easy install
Cons: clicks sometimes around corners, put a magnet in the bottom of your diff to collect all of the crap that comes off after install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: highly recommended for the budget locker install on the d30. if i had a beefier front end, i would have went for something a little more pricey

paul246
paul246's Reviews

11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Pros: Dependable. Releases the outer wheel with just a slight let-up of the gas pedal.
Cons: Clicks while turning when disengaged, not a big deal really.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm now into my 3rd winter with the Aussie Locker installed in the front diff of my Wrangler. No problems whatsoever with steering or handling on packed snow and glare ice. I run true winter tires in these conditions, the extra bite is what gives the Aussie the sensitivity it requires to know when to release the outer wheel in turns. Even when using my BF Gooderich A/T KO's ( not winter rated ) the Aussie will release instantly with the slightest let up on the accelerator.

Winter traction is greatly enhanced with one of these lockers up front and that is why I bought it. It also makes my Jeep far better at tackling mud.

I love the Aussie!

slamtheright
slamtheright's Reviews
11-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: works!!!
Cons: none, right now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product for the money, without a doubt I'd buy it again, i mean my wife would buy it for me again

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Price: $258.00
Pros: works as described
Cons: does pop a little going around tight turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is what it is. Installation was straight forward. I did actually put the roll pin in backwards at first. took some time to get it out. Other than that no problems.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »