3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  JaySpencer66 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $70.02
Rating 5
Average Price $70.02
Manufacturer Walton Tools
Recommended Yes: 1 / No: 0

Break a tap in a hole? This neat little device is made to reach right into the flutes of the tap to allow you to spin the broken part right out, neat and tidy.

My story is that I was drilling out a bolt on the lower hinge to install security locks to keep the doors in place until I decide they should come off, or at least make it a little harder from the perspective of a thief. When I had the hole deep enough I decided to start threading it and ~snap~ my tap broke. I tried hammering, I tried drilling, I even tried cursing and crying but nothing got the tap out of the hole. This tool got it out in about 2 minutes, no joke! It took me longer to set it up then to get out the tap. I wasn't even able to get all the splines of the tool down into the tap, only two and I still popped out my broken tap with an easy twist and a couple of turns.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $70.02
Rating 5
Pros It works!
Cons That you broke a tap
Recommended yes

Comments: What can I say other then this tool works EXACTLY as it is advertised. One of my hallmarks for deciding if a tool is good is if the setup is fast and the work it does faster. I think it took me about 2 minutes to set up mostly because I had to play around to figure out how I was going to use it and work with it. The actual exctraction took about 30 seconds. The broken part come out so fast that not only did it fly off, but I had to look in the hole two times to make sure I had done the job! :laugh:

A big thumbs up for this product, worth every cent, even if I hopefully only have to use it one time. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.