Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > U-Pol Raptor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

U-Pol Raptor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

U-Pol Raptor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $112.61
Manufacturer: U-Pol
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 0

tub liner

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

cj7red
cj7red's Reviews
01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: You can pick whatever texture you want by adjusting the spray distance and psi. Spray gun included.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only reason I gave it 4 stars is because Line-X exists. If you don't have the money to blow, this is an excellent runner up at a great price.

cj7red
cj7red's Reviews
01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: You can pick whatever texture you want by adjusting the spray distance and psi. Spray gun included.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only reason I gave it 4 stars is because Line-X exists. If you don't have the money to blow, this is an excellent runner up at a great price.

jokerswild2k

jokerswild2k's Reviews
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Easy application, professional results, amazing product!
Cons: None noted so far! Make sure you prep thoroughly!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product! Easy application and it looks great! Seems very durable.

Yj350tbi
Yj350tbi's Reviews
04-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Price: $163.00
Pros: Went on really nice.
Cons: None yet. Had it for a year.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the spray gun and tintable raptor liner. Sprays real nice. I have used other do it yourself so far this is by far the best for the money. Tinted mine charcoals gray. Have had it for a year and seems to be holding up great.

4x4jkx
4x4jkx's Reviews
12-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Price: $112.00
Pros: Easy to use. Holds up great.
Cons: Smells for a while
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The key is in the prep work. The more time you spend here the better. Also I found that a 3-5 gallon compressor works fine in spraying the liner. I think Upol recommends using a larger compressor (for higher CFM). Spraying is easy, just be careful not to tip the gun too much or some might drip out.

Overall, fantastic product.

Eddie13f
Eddie13f's Reviews
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Everything, seriously. Looks great, protects against dings
Cons: Long prep process if done correctly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: DEFINITELY Recommended for any Jeeper

2Lifted4U
2Lifted4U's Reviews
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Price: $121.00
Pros: Very easy to use with great directions. GREAT PRODUCT!
Cons: Did not come with an air compressor male connector. Its okay though because I could get one from lowes for $2. Also, be careful when you go to take the bottle off to exchange for a new one. Do not take it off at an angle because you could break the thin, metal straw on the gun. Even though there are two cons, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought U-Pol Raptor which included 4 bottles of liner, a can of hardener, and the spray gun. All of this costed 120 dollars which inlcuded shipping. I had never sprayed bedliner before and doing on a Jeep, I thought, would be difficult. I was so wrong! All I did was sand the Jeep tub a little, just to scratch the surface after I removed all of the inside hardware. I then tape up the tub to prevent the bedliner from going on the outside of the tub. I read the easy instructions and I hooked up the gun and liner/hardener bottle and sprayed the liner. In 10 minutes I had a nice layer of bedliner and it looked great! In an hour it was completely dry (fyi I did it outside, with the sun to help the drying process). I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a bedliner that anyone can do for cheap.

My only two cons: No air compressor connector and the thin metal straw on the gun.

I went to lowes and got a air compressor male connector for two dollars. No problem. But my biggest thing is the meatl straw on the gun that goes into the bottle. Please, please everyone, be careful when removing the bottle off of the gun to get a new one. Do not bend or break the straw or you will not be able to spray any bedliner correctly. You will have to turn the gun upside-down and spray while making a huge mess, which could ruin the whole thing. I still give it 5 stars because I will always use this product if I ever need to spray a bedliner.

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Easy to use, good price, very durable once on, looks great
Cons: Prep work takes time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only downfall to doing this is the prep work, but if you take the time to do it right, results will be terrific. Very pleased with this purchase, kit came with spray gun and was enough to lay a thick coat through interior of jeep tub, as well as below floor boards of tub, and rear of tub, and my metal secure-a-trunk thing.

jonji01

jonji01's Reviews
04-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Comes with a spray gun
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have never sprayed anything before with a spray gun. This sytem was simple to use even for me. Take the canisters and pour in a little hardner, screw it onto the gun and then spray. Too easy! It turned out great!

SirCrisp
SirCrisp's Reviews
12-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: strong, looks good, easy and affordable
Cons: 3rd bottle got sealed on gun while spraying, i was unable to remove it and it left me without enough spray.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Other than what was probably a user error this stuff is fantastic

owp3
owp3's Reviews
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Price: $109.99
Pros: Easy to apply. Durable. Looks great
Cons: Smells. The included gun has a little hole in the top and it is easy to spill a little out on your project if you aren't careful. Difficult to know which product includes the gun and which does not.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this on my grill, headlight bezels and interior. It was very easy to apply and appears to be quite durable. I let it cure for 48 hours before I attempted to reinstall my interior. Also, it is important to remove and masking tape within an hour of applying your last coat.

It took me one box and one extra bottle to do the complete project.

Spend double the amount of time prepping that you think you will need.

kornonthekob99
kornonthekob99's Reviews
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Pros: STRONG METAL PROTECTION
Cons: NEED TO REALLY PREP WELL
Recommended? Yes

Comments: MY FRIEND HAD A LEFTOVER CAN AND SPRAYED A COAT ON THE INSIDE OF MY YJ... EVEN A DECENTLY QUICK PREP JOB LEFT SPECTACULAR RESULTS... REALLY STRONG LINER

Ziggy43
Ziggy43's Reviews
09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Great blue lcd screen excelent cell speakerphone
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed a Dual CD/MP3 USB player that fits perfect into the dash, great 200 watt power with Bluetooth function, great speakerphone fuction. Has bluee lcd light with mactches overhead light set up.

StuddMuffinz
StuddMuffinz's Reviews
07-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Price: $111.00
Pros: Ease of use, great end result, deec price
Cons: you need to have an air compressor capable of maintaining at least 40 psi
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With all of the DIY liners out there, its hard to tell the difference between the great, and the not so great. After seeing Herculiner, Monstaliner, Duplicolor, and U-Pol Raptor each in person, I knew that Raptor was the way to go. It doesnt fade, looks consistent, and has a great texture. Although the end result is 90% dependent on prep work, it doesn't hurt to have an awesome product. Props guys

MontesXJ
MontesXJ's Reviews
10-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Pros: Easy to apply with the included spray gun Novice painters can provide a professional-looking finish Appears to be durable, but not yet time-tested
Cons: Hardens quickly inside the bottle; must apply entire bottle in single application or material will gunk up and block your spray gun
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product applied easily and covered well on the first coat. You would have to try real hard to mess up the application. This was my first attempt with a spray gun and I got a very nice professional finish. So good, in fact, I didn't reinstall the carpet. It dried quickly and was ready for additional coats within about 30 minutes. It looks great and appears to be durable, but you'll need to ask me in a year to see how it held up. One word of caution...once mixed with the hardener, the material thickens quickly. I had about half a bottle left after my second coat and let it sit for about 30 minutes to dry. When I tried to reapply to touch up some areas, the gun failed to work. The material had already gunked up in the bottle and clogged my spray gun. The remaining material was totally wasted and I have to dismantle the gun and clean with solvent before I could start again.

MDEnce

MDEnce's Reviews
08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: durable, looks good, easy to apply
Cons: pain to prep for spray in. Also be prepared for more road noise and heat from the floor after you do this.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Raptor liner spray in bed liner is everything the other threads on this forum say it is. Sure it's a pain to prep for spray in - but the more prep you do the better the end result. My biggest problem was getting the trox screws out of the roll cage mounts. Ended up grinding about 1/2 of them down on the sides and using vise grips on the sides. Spray in was easy with the included undercoating gun, but you do NOT want to get this stuff anywhere other than the tub of your jeep. Of course, the floor is now hotter and louder than with the carpet and pad, but it's a Jeep Plus is sure is easier to clean now

BM20
BM20's Reviews
05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Pros: looks better, protects the tub when the carpet is out
Cons: prep is the key, take your time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much better looking than the bare tub when I take the carpets out in the non-winter months. Prep work is important. I didnt do it as well as I should have so I occasionally need to touch up spots that chip off after a hard hit. Dont tip the gun when spraying with a full bottle, it will spill out.
Overall, I love it.

sgttaylor83CJ7
sgttaylor83CJ7's Reviews
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Price: $104.00
Pros: Easy install, great finish
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this product. I made the mistake of trying to use up the left over by thicking up some high traffic areas (mostly the floor pans). I dont think that was a good idea. It cracked in one area where I put it on real thick. I also could have done a poor prep job in that area, but who knows.... Still think it was a great product, I think the problem was my fault. The good news is that with the rough texture finish I can fix and blend my repair in very well.

I only used three of the four bottles that came with the kit. Had I known that, I would have had some other projects prepped and ready to be sprayed (wheel wells, frame undercoat, etc.).

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Price: $87.89
Pros: easy to put in. Nice and solid once it cures
Cons: Smells nasty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Take your time masking. Makes all the difference. And do not put in seats until it is fully cured (about 3 days). It is easy to pull up until its cured.

vettefever5
vettefever5's Reviews
10-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: very easy to spray, looks great
Cons: a lot of prep work, but that is inherent with any bed liner
Recommended? Yes

Comments: please see my complete review of the product, as well as my experience and pictures in my thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-upol-raptor-experience-pics-lessons-learned-870197/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.