Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $118.33
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 1

Underseat storage drawer

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Leffnasty
Leffnasty's Reviews

12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: High quality, lots of space, great lock, extremely useful.
Cons: None I can find
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A friend has the same box except for the flip seat, and convinced me to get it. Man, this version is so much larger! Non flip seat means just that. If your drivers seat doesn't tumble forward like the passenger seat does and only slides forward like normal, you can use this model. I also want to note that on my jeep it doesn't stick out nearly as much as it seems in the pictures. It isn't obviously apparent.

Install was a bit tedious due to my large hands. You basically undo the seat bolts and install brackets one at a time under the seat and then slide the drawer in, bolt it into the brackets. One of the bolts is actually a T51. If you don't have a t51 head for your ratchet, it is worth picking up at any auto parts store. A lot of other things on the jeep also use that size.

As for the space in the drawer, it is great. It is wide enough to fit my iPad easily. It will slide out all the way to the pedals almost, and has plenty depth. Perfect for valuables you don't want to leave unattended in your jeep.

traveler57

traveler57's Reviews
03-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Well built and exactly what you need
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well built box. has a true security key that makes it harder to pick the lock. Solution to locking important items when you have your top and doors off.
Took 5 minutes to install.

deerassassin22

deerassassin22's Reviews
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Fits perfect and works.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

Steel4Pens

Steel4Pens's Reviews
02-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Pros: Unnoticeable Lockable Size
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this to keep my gun in when I am not in my Jeep. I have my CCW and did not like locking my pistol in the glove box. This is big enough to have my full size Glock, my GPS, CD player faceplate and XM radio. If anyone wants to lock anything in their Jeep and keep it out of sight, this is a good choice.

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
01-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Pros: nice little spot to pack some heat
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a nice spot to pack some heat, or a camera, or a boston cream donut. You get the picture

Morgen251

Morgen251's Reviews
06-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: smooth sliding drawer, more space than bestop. better locking mechanism
Cons: one more key to carry around unless you go with combo, which is tough to see unless you're out of the jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Definitely recommend this over the Bestop. Yes, it's twice as much, but you get more space, better lock, and very smooth sliding drawer. Never cheap out on security products.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Easy install, lock box for CCW
Cons: Drawer tough to slide after install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was an easy install and added a bit more security to the Jeep. The drawer was smooth as butter before install and was a bit tough after. Still trying to figure that one out. Would hihgly recommend.

bmburton13
bmburton13's Reviews
10-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: keeps stuff locked up when doors are off
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its out of the way and works great

DesertPatrol
DesertPatrol's Reviews
08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Pros: great space use, easy access, secure
Cons: had a little difficulty getting the far side bolts installed otherwise none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the drawer from Northridge 4x4. only took about an hour to install.I was able to still use my Rough country 1 inch seat risers with the under seat box. It attaches under the seat tabs,making it sturdy, and almost impossible to get out. It is great secure space, I can fit two pistols, a garmin 60cs, and compact binoc's all in the drawer. It locks tight, slides in and out great, and is really hidden. would recommend to any one.

berserker
berserker's Reviews

05-31-2010, 04:14 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Well made Nice powder coating Solid locking mechanism
Cons: Rear bolt holes did not line up for 1986 CJ with stock fold and tumble seat. Seat mounts are lower in the front and higher in the back (with CJ install kit the front mounts are not as tall as the drawer enclosure). Drawer drags on tub floor unless shimmed with flat washers during install
Recommended? No

Comments: I was excited to install the Tuffy underseat security drawer (not the full-length one) in my CJ-7 to have a secure place to lock things.
The Tuffy drawer is solid, but didn't match the holes in my tub, and I did not want to drill when it was advertised that it would bolt in (at least for the rear facing installation). After reading the installation instructions and lots of second guessing, I determined that it must not be designed for fold and tumble seats. So I had to mark holes on the drawer enclosure to drill out a couple 1/2" holes for rear two mounting bolts.

The drawer also rubbed severely on the bottom of the ribbed tub, so I uninstalled the whole thing and added a couple of washers under the enclosure to shim it and then reinstalled the whole thing. A bit frustrating and time consuming.

It works, but the design creates about 6 inches of dead space underneath the front of the rear seat and it encroaches into the rear "trunk" space about four inches.

It almost seems like this product wasn't designed for a CJ, but the manufacturer and instructions say it was.

Aside from Tuffy's super-strong latching mechanism, the drawer design leaves much to be desired, especially for the price.

RubiCrawler_LJ
RubiCrawler_LJ's Reviews

08-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Will not open all the way due to the rear cup holders on OEM center console.

Plate
I'd Hit It
Plate's Reviews

04-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased used from another JF member. Great product, install is easy with minimal time and tools. Allows additional storage yet keeps the ability to install your rear seat quickly.