Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $600.00
Average Price: $227.49
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 41 / No: 0

Pry-Guard construction with pick-proof tubular locks. This heavy gauge steel box with all welded joints is finished with a durable epoxy wrinkle finish. Two drink holders and sunglasses holder complete the exterior. Inside the large storage area there's a small valuables holder. Grade 8 installation hardware.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

smoothop
smoothop's Reviews
07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Price: $252.00
Pros: Well built, durable, solid
Cons: scratches easily, weird stereo angle mount, lock resonates at certain RPM's (annoying rattle), does not include shock absorber to keep lid up, could be more eye pleasing to look at.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had been looking for a center console for almost a year to replace the horrible home made contraption the previous owner had installed. I was deciding between the MaxBilt and the Tuffy Console, for me it came down to customer service. I emailed MaxBilt several times and never got a response, the rep from Tuffy responded immediately and verified my measurements ensuring that the console would fit. He even gave me tips on how to run stereo wires etc.

So I ordered up my tuffy console and boy is it impressive. Its solid and heavy, it feels super high quality. After doing some prep work to make sure the console would fit the way I wanted it to I noticed that it was quite easy for the surface of the console to get scratched. This to me is the biggest flaw of this product, the finish seems to easily scratch. I really wish Tuffy had coated the outside of the console with some sort of textured vinyl finish. It seems silly to paint the outside of the console and have it get scratched up every time something rubs up against it.

All in all I am very happy with the console, the 67 degree mount is a little bit odd, but it is very convenient. I wish tuffy would release a list of stereo manufacturers who's product would work with the console, as this would be easier to narrow down the options. At this point its kind of a crapshoot to figure out which stereos will work without skipping and which ones won't. I am still trying to figure that part out.

If you are looking for a well made console that will give you piece of mind for storing your valuables, this is the console to get. The customer service is excellent, the sales reps are patient and take the time to answer all the questions that you may have. The product design is well thought out and functions flawlessly. I just wish at this price point that tuffy used a more durable type of finish that doesn't scratch so easily.

slinkyj
slinkyj's Reviews
05-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Tough as nails, Secure, Easy Install
Cons: Interior seal prone to failure, Arm cushion wears prematurely
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed this product in less than a day. Never felt more secure about my stereo and misc. items in my Wrangler. The locking mechanism for these units are just about bulletproof. I really have a hard time remembering what it was like before I had one of these. I am currently on my second Tuffy console and have loved both of them. They really stand up to abuse. My new one has cupholders, a slot for my CD player and serious storage space for just about anything. I would recommend these to any new Jeep owner as a first interior upgrade.

Petey0844

Petey0844's Reviews
05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Price: $320.00
Pros: the thing is a beast...heavy gauge still and the lock on it is a monster.
Cons: didn't work so well with my T case drop. Shifter hits
Recommended? Yes

Comments: as long as you don't have a T case drop it is unbeleiveable but you shifter will hit if you do have one, unless you bend the shifter. I just put in the SYE and ADJ UCA's and got rid of the T case drop works great.

plumber1
plumber1's Reviews

03-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, I feel much safer with my valuables locked up. Also nice place to mount the CB

Leans93

She's my density...
Leans93's Reviews

01-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this thing! I don't know how I survived without one. Keeps my radio and valuables safe. The arm rest and cup holders are a bonus! I recommend every Jeep owner get one of these.

TJTony
TJTony's Reviews

01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: seems to be secure, but the cup holders suck and the lock always comes loose.

Jumphog
Jumphog's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Provides security for those items I can't take with me! Also keeps my stereo system under lock and key, in addition to protecting it from mud/water that SOMETIMES get into the cab!

rpg1520
Heavily Armed Liberal
rpg1520's Reviews

11-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this thing, no jeep should be without one.
The stock plastic thing is garbage.

SimonTuffGuy

[I'm That Good]
SimonTuffGuy's Reviews

10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, nice to know that my cd player is safe... Plus, it puts it at a great location, instead of having to reach to change the station, etc.

Jim93YJ

Jim93YJ's Reviews

10-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Price: $265.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The center stereo security console has been aewsome!! I love that the stereo is right at my fingertips for easy access and channel changing. I really like that I have a secure place to store my stuff and stereo. There is ample room in the inside to store small tools, cds, car papers, sunglasses, and plenty of other stuff. It has a removable tray in the rear which is a very convenient place to store change. The padded arm rest on top of the console is great and the latch mechanism has been great! Highly recommend this to anyone who owns a jeep with a soft top.

JFranko

JFranko's Reviews

10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Pros: Very large, stereo at fingertips
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 8" stereo console, and it is huge with alot of storage space, It's so big that i usually lose stuff in it. Makes a nice armrest, looks really nice in a jeep, good location for stereo, Mines black, so it gets hot in the summer. I was even able to order a matching lock to go with the console, and tuffy made me fax a copy of my key so they could verify that i was the owner of the lock, and not someone trying to get a spare set of keys

Tompatt

Tompatt's Reviews

09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Price: $218.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing is sweet! i got the 10" one. tight fit but it aint going anywhere. This should be required if ur a jeep owner or at least on ur wish list. xD.

CJ7Rubicon

CJ7Rubicon's Reviews

09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Keeps my cd player dry and secure.The 10 inch is a little tight between the seats though.

omninate
omninate's Reviews

08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed the 6.5" wide version in my YJ, and it fits great! It gives me a much better sense of security when I need to leave items in my Wrangler.

Russ_93YJ
Russ_93YJ's Reviews

08-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: LOve it! They really thouhjt this one through. It has a hole near the face for an MP3 player hook up and a hole at the bottom of the cassette for you to run wires for an amp inside the box. It's tough as nails too!

FKemp3

FKemp3's Reviews

08-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Jeep was broken into, and the OEM center console was broken into and destroyed. Upgraded to the TUFFY for obvious reasons. It is a little awkward at first with a 5-speed, i mashed my fingers. Once you get used to it its not so bad. Easily removed the arm rest pad and re-upholstered it to match my ineterior

ibkushman320

ibkushman320's Reviews

06-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Price: $190.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed the OVERHEAD security console and stuffed my stereo receiver in there. had to make some mod's to the box which werent too hard - just took some patience. only thing i didnt like was that the box it self was a little of a pain to install, and one of the screws out of a pair just did not fit. overall though, it is SOLID.

sgtbookie
sgtbookie's Reviews

05-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Price: $279.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great way to keep a stereo safe in an open air vehicle. A must buy for all Jeepers.

Twitchy

Twitchy's Reviews

05-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wickedly easy install to do. This console rocks and house my Sony XPLOD in complete style. The shifter needed to be lengthened but thats due to the lift not the console

westzionrv
westzionrv's Reviews

04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Price: $199.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2