Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy Tuffy Stereo Security Console

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $600.00
Average Price: $227.49
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 41 / No: 0

Pry-Guard construction with pick-proof tubular locks. This heavy gauge steel box with all welded joints is finished with a durable epoxy wrinkle finish. Two drink holders and sunglasses holder complete the exterior. Inside the large storage area there's a small valuables holder. Grade 8 installation hardware.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

jfox90

The Fox says STFU!!
jfox90's Reviews
08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Works well
Cons: Need to locktite the bolts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tuffy security console is perfect for what I needed. It includes two drink holders which i needed because I was tired of singed/cold nuts. a deep center console compartment for my wrench, hammer, bits, and towels, and it also has a conveniently placed area for a radio. I don't have to reach forward to change the channel. Now to mount my CB in a convenient place.

ruckus5-0

ruckus5-0's Reviews
12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Price: $231.00
Pros: sturdy, well made, comfortable, great fitment
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product very well made, seals and locks tight. nice deep cup holders with the option to add two more on the back.

HaskiE

Web Wheeler
HaskiE's Reviews
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Awesome Product, found it on Craigslist
Cons: It's for a CJ, I had to modify my seat spacing to fit it in my YJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome Product, found it on Craigslist
It's for a CJ, I had to modify my seat spacing to fit it in my YJ

bad_andy24

bad_andy24's Reviews
08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Gives me a great place to mount a CB or Stereo head unit in a secure and dry spot.
Cons: Needs 2 people or a set of vise grips and a lot of crawling in and out to install. Would be more comfortable if the padded area on top came all the way to the front and surrounded the lock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Definitely have someone else around to hold a wrench in the console while you crawl underneath to install it. Mounting the stereo/cb inside takes a little creative enginuity or you can just leave it loose and let it bounce around a little bit.

copenhagenfiend

copenhagenfiend's Reviews
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Price: $243.99
Pros: great charcoal finish, smooth lock, easy install, more secure than you expect, nice marine grade vinyl pad
Cons: hardware included to install :/
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the console is great for what i wanted it for. i didn't want my 'high dollar deck' exposed. we like to leave the top and doors off as much as possible. deck is secure, neoprene seals keep moisture out. be ready to create your own harness or extensions for the harness out the bottom the hardware that came with the console wasn't what i needed. it may take some measuring and a trip to the hardware store for shorter bolts.

Kuntryboy816
Kuntryboy816's Reviews
07-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Price: $175.00
Pros: very durable locking
Cons: hinge pin on stereo cover
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only drawback to the console is that the hinge pin on the stereo door will eventually work its way out a little. It's easy to push right back in witha finger but you can snag your clothing on it if you don't see it. Other than that, it is a great piece. I like the ability to lock stuff into the console and not have worry about my valuables being protected by a soft top. The stereo being at my fingertips instead of reaching across the dash in my YJ is nice too.

Maineshootah

Maineshootah's Reviews
03-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Price: $258.00
Pros: rugged, tough, nice finish, plenty of room for general storage area
Cons: depth of "stereo" section, seatbelt "keeper" option.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced the factory center console with this unit. Went with the 6.5" to fit in the 1995 Wrangler. Wanted to make sure that the edges would not catch or rub on passenger seat when the seat was folded forward. The 6.5" is a nice fit.

If you are tall, the console will be about 2-4" too low for proper placement of your right arm on the mount when driving. I fixed that by adding two 2x6's cut to the length and mounted those to the bottom of the box, then mounted the back "feet" to the bottom of the boards. The height is now perfect, but the mounting hardware is useless, (due to the longer height).
Mounted with SS threaded rod, SS bolts and washers. Easy.

LEAVE THE seatbelt keeper "straps" off. while the idea is sound, the straps and seatbelt ends flop around using the decorative cap/nuts that go on the inside of the box (as they do not tighten down enough to make the straps tight). When you do tighten them, the bolt breaks the back of the end cap leaving sharp edges that slice the heck out of your knuckles, leaving you to add a splash of "blood stain red" all of your interior when you touch things from the gash on your hand. The were promptly removed.

Lock is rugged, console is solid and can hold a TON of stuff. I wanted the Spice colored unit, but was called back (2/2012) and told that they only had charcoal and black left in stock. The black is a nice contrast to the spice interior.
Love it.

MaddBones702
MaddBones702's Reviews
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Incredible
Cons: Can't see any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Holds a ton of stuff. Don't have to worry about someone getting in to it

kornonthekob99
kornonthekob99's Reviews
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: super strong , great for storage in jeep
Cons: stereo slot not so convenient to service, must custom mount console through floor... NEED A HELPING HAND
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love the concept of this box but ironically i did not end up using the stereo slot for my radio... i took the bin that sits in the dash where the stereo is now installed and slipped it into the slot in the console... the console, once installed is a ***** to take out and service a radio... unless u weld nuts into the floor... but i absolutely love it now that its in

RebuildRookie

RebuildRookie's Reviews
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Very solid. Very Secure
Cons: None at this time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this used and it still works as good as new. I like having the radio right there at my finger tips when I put my arm on the armrest. Front legs are easy to bolt down. Rear legs are a little bit trickier. Still looking for best option to hide speaker and power wires from being exposed since the radio is no longer installed in the dash.

parrothedjustin
parrothedjustin's Reviews
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Price: $35.00
Pros: Tuffy console protects my valuables from rain and the low life wondering around. Built out of thick steel with a tough integrated lock. This product is a great buy especially if you can find one for cheap. The cupholders can also be moved from the front side to the back.
Cons: I wish the box was completely sealed to better protect against water. Also there needs to be a hole connecting the stereo compartment to the main compartment for wire routing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I would recommend this product tot anyone who wants a product that protects your valuables against the elements and thieves as well as a cool and convenient place for your stereo. The few cons I came up with can easily be modified.

89wangler
89wangler's Reviews
11-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: lock stereo and nice arm rest great unpickable key lock cup holder that are deep
Cons: wish it had a better mount in the rear and if you have a five speed and you go w/ cup holders its mounted right up on it .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: went together easy the lock is a little tight and i ended up ditching their foam for some of my own. but theres enough room in there for every thing i even put a small amp inside for my stereo drilled a couple holes and preasto!!

Lemoore-on

Lemoore-on's Reviews
09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Fort Freakin Knox!
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing is awsome. Fit and Finish are high quality. Seems indestructable. I mounted a small amp to the underside, then mounted it.

YWU

YWU's Reviews
08-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Price: $235.00
Pros: Seems very secure. High quality construction. Comfortable arm rest.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with this product. Installation was easy. I used self tapping screws instead of bolts from under the body.

bj19734
bj19734's Reviews
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Price: $285.00
Pros: Strong durable console
Cons: Hard to install sub box using MDF.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good buy. Very secure. Wish the console had more room to store things, but that is the price you get to install the subwoofer

00dutchTJ
00dutchTJ's Reviews
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Price: $441.74
Pros:  Secure and fits perfectly.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Product. Very secure and fits perfectly. I have no complaints.

Nicho

Nicho's Reviews
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Significant theft prevention.
Cons: Less than desirable instructions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much more complicated to install than the one in m YJ. The 6 speed shifter set up looks a bit unfinished, there are two open slots closest to the seats. Overall very capable product.

JeffreyCharles

JeffreyCharles's Reviews
12-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Price: $258.99
Pros: Excellent construction, sturdy and secure. Great locking mechanism. Has a nice satisfying sound when closing the lid - it even sounds secure!
Cons: A bit pricey. No simple way to bring wiring into the main compartment without drilling.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, took about an hour - including drilling three holes through the bottom of the body tub. Provides a handy, safe place for storing things like my CB, flashlights, etc. Has a separate compartment for a standard DIN-sized stereo. This locks when the main lid is closed and locked (can also be left open when the main lid is closed).

The one thing I'd like to see is the inclusion of a hole in the main box large enough to accomodate wiring - if I wished to mount the CB inside the box for instance. As it stands I'd have to drill my own hole. Not a big deal but it seems like it would be easy enough to provide this, prior to the paint being applied, at the factory.

Otherwise I love it.

KUJeeper82
KUJeeper82's Reviews
12-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Very secure with lots of space!
Cons: Price if bought new; wide version + Shorty Female seatbelts = PITA... best to upgrade to the longer style at the same time...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I lucked out and picked one of these use NIB from a fellow jeeper who was down on his luck financially... $150 (this are normally $250 new).

Try to find a used one if at all possible... these are bricks and last a long time!

southbound

southbound's Reviews
12-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Stout, looks great, locks up both valuables and a radio.
Cons: Installation requires drilling 3 holes through the tub for the retention bolts. Must rewire radio to reach from the console to the factory connection.
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
I got this console with the insurance money I received after my Jeep was broken into. The thief tried to steal my radio and tore up my dash. I haven't had any major issues with this console. It is a great product that does exactly what it's supposed to. I never worry about my radio being stolen again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »