Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy SKU 251-01 - Tuffy Conceal Carry Security Drawer

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Tuffy SKU 251-01 - Tuffy Conceal Carry Security Drawer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy SKU 251-01 - Tuffy Conceal Carry Security Drawer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $98.00
Average Price: $100.00
Manufacturer: Tuffy SKU 251-01
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-288-251-tuffy-tj-03-06-lj-conceal-carry-security-drawer-with-flip-seat.aspx

This high security 16 gauge steel security drawer mounts under the drivers side seat in a Jeep TJ & LJ (With Flip Seat). The formfitting design of the Tuffy lockbox has over 128 cubic inches of lockable storage. It’s secured contents are easily accessed by maneuvering the drawer open and closed on the smooth ball bearing slides using the convenient pull lever.

Featuring Tuffy’s Pry-Guard Locking System with a 10 tumbler double bitted security lock with built in weather seals. The design incorporates a heavy duty fully extending slide system, weather seal & welded construction. A formed rib in the enclosure additionally strengthens the locking system. Tuffy’s exclusive bolt-blocker bracket is included for additional security.

Mounts inconspicuously under the drivers side seat in a Jeep TJ & LJ (With Flip Seat) out of apparent sight of would be thieves. Uses the factory hardware without drilling. The drawer must remain locked while operating the vehicle. Manufactured by Tuffy in the USA.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Unlimited04

This post/info=my opinion
Unlimited04's Reviews
03-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Price: $93.00
Pros: fits well with flip forward seat, super easy installation, no rattles, great for valuables, not just for your gun.
Cons: internal space is kinda small due to flip forward seat, poor install instructions with only a couple low quality pictures, you'll need to pad the inside
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased from Extreme Terrain with forum discount after canceling an order with Quadratec (no-ETA, backordered). Would recommend Ryan @ XT as an alternative to Q-tec!

Good product, very handy. Installation is very easy, and its a good thing because the instructions suck. It also comes with some unexplained bracket to cover a bolt, but there is no other description on how to install this bracket. it doesn't fit anywhere, and its not necessary that I could tell. the install pictures were of no help. had to trim the carpeting a couple times to make the drawer operate well, but that's not a big deal to me. i've already cut up and modified my carpet plenty for other mods. Overall, very handy item for storing valuables.

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
02-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Price: $114.00
Pros: Great option for my firearm
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gives me a place to store my fire arm out of site when the top is off. Often make quick trips into places like the post office and I need a secure place to lock up my firearm. I feel very confident leaving something as important as a firearm in the box knowing when I return it will still be there. Tuffy is top notch customer service.

Mboelts

Mboelts's Reviews

04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: Nice and tidy in size, easy to install especially with seat risers already in. Nice to have a secure storage that is within reach at all times
Cons: When installing with seat risers, the seat bolt cover will not fit without some mods done to it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great little drawer to fit under the seat. Make sure to read about lubricating the lock to keep it working for you. And if you have seat risers installed you will have to figure out a good way to mod the seat bolt cover that comes with the drawer. Overall excellent item

Tremor14

Tremor14's Reviews

11-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Price: $98.00
Pros: Hides well, unless the doors are off. Ingenious lock-in design for install.
Cons: It's not very easy to unlock and open when you're sitting in the seat.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this along with the tuffy glove compartment for extra space. The intention is for lockable drawer for those that have a "concealed carry" permit. I don't have a CC permit, but I use this for the more $$ items that I do keep in the Jeep like a cheaper GPS.

This drawer once you see how it installs, you'll be pretty confident no one will be able to get into it once it's locked, unless they have a torch and some time to kill or know's tuffy lockproducts pretty well.

It is slightly more visible with the doors off but if a thief decides to check the vehicle out with the doors on, they will miss it. If you're trying to open it while sitting above it, it's not going to be easy without two hands.

To protect my new cheaper TOM-TOM gps, I stuffed a mouse pad into the bottom of the drawer to keep it from bouncing around too much.