Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy Series II Center Console

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Tuffy Series II Center Console Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy Series II Center Console

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $407.00
Average Price: $228.26
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 0

deep box center console that covers all levers/shifters in the middle.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

officer_krupt
officer_krupt's Reviews
12-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Secures valuables
Cons: Without carpet installed it acts like a huge heat sink
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The name Tuffy says it all.Keeps valuables safe and secure.locks with a key

IH8PEPL

So glad its not a Fiat
IH8PEPL's Reviews

10-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Made in America, Bullet proof construction from high quality materials. One of those products that just "feels" like it will last a lifetime.
Cons: A little time consuming to install. Instructions could use some more reference photos. Might need to add foam padding.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this for the same reason everyone else does - the stock console is useless for securing items. I was impressed with my previous Tuffy glove box purchase - so I knew what to expect. A little pricy, but once you have it in hand you will see where your money went. The console is beefy, heavy and very solid. Seems to offer a tad bit more storage room. Padded arm rest is a huge +. Made in America . If you rolled your jeep off a cliff, the Tuffy products would probably still be salvagable.

It was a chore to install - seats needed to be removed and fitting the console/sub box/front console/4wd and trans shifter took a while to make sure everything lined up. Set aside an afternoon. The instructions are good but can use more reference pics. Depending on how you plan to use it, you may need to add craft foam to stop things from rattling around inside the console.

byersbm1
byersbm1's Reviews
01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Very strongly built console. Tuffy Security can key alike others of their security items so you dont have to carry a ring full of different keys
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My older Jeep's stock console was easily broken into on a beach vacation and I did not want this to happen again.
I feel my belongings are secure inside with out worrying about someone getting ahold of them.

ThomasYJ

ThomasYJ's Reviews
01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Came with the Jeep! Solid construction slot for head unit
Cons: structurally: none Operationally: kind of a PITA to adjust stereo on the fly, definitely lost some of the "Eyes-on-Road" capability.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was in the Jeep when I bought it. Found them in Quadratec's mag for about $250 IIRC. PO had lined the lids with strips of foam, to alleviate rattling I'm guessing, no problems with that, ever. I'm much more comfortable being able to lock up my head unit now; protects it from sticky fingers as well as the elements. I'd Definitely buy it again/ recommend it.

owp3
owp3's Reviews
10-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very sturdy and secure
Cons: fitment was not quite right
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is very sturdy and secure. Like other Tuffy products along the same vein, it scratches pretty easy. The fitment was slightly off in several places and was a bit of a chore to get it to install mostly correctly. If you don't install it over your carpet there will be little gaps around the majority of the unit but they are not too bad. My automatic shifter rubs a little and it is a bit harder to shift but not intolerable. Still a great product.

skybird77
skybird77's Reviews
10-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Great Product Keeps me worry free about my stereo and specialty tools
Cons: some drilling needed but no big deal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this product is great, its strong gives you a great peace of mind and it looks great in any jeep

Kiltedbiker
Kiltedbiker's Reviews
06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Bolted down, lockable, weather resistant
Cons: No radio box
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I choose this one not thinking it would matter, but I should have gone with the model that incorporates the radio box inside. Just more secure for my electronics.

GoldenP51

GoldenP51's Reviews
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: It is rock solid
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. This thing is beefy, I got the full replacement and it is awesome. I don't have to worry about putting things in there, nobody is breaking into it. I love Tuffy.

conceitedjake
conceitedjake's Reviews
03-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Secure.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very secure, got it second hand a refinished it and it came out aweseome.

DuckHunter
DuckHunter's Reviews
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Pros: Good lock, fits well, easy install
Cons: -
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Received the box, no scratches well shipped. The lock is pretty firm, the install was straight forward and pretty easy. It would have helped to remove the seats but i did not. I'm to lazy...

rpenczek
rpenczek's Reviews
11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Easy to install, good looks, arm rest comfort
Cons: Mounting hardwear was wrong. the bolts are not threaded all the way up and what sticks below the floor is not threaded so you can't tighten them up all the way. I had to go out and purchase three different (shorter) bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seems pretty thief proof, but I am sure a good thief will get in the box. The 6 1/2" model will fit between Best Top Trail Max II seats (I could not find another consol to fit.

Overall expensive, but appears worth the price so far.

mdutch
mdutch's Reviews
10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Price: $206.00
Pros: Great -- installed remote 12v and iPod docking inside. Raises center arm-rest to higher, more comfortable position.
Cons: Wish the lock were better aligned.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This totally changed the security aspects of my vehicle. After installing remote 12v and USB-breakouts from the stereo inside the armored box, I can leave an iPod installed and locked up inside the console on long trips, as well as a firearm if I choose to. My Jeep got badly jacked up in a break-in, and I LOVE my center console now!

whokenstad
whokenstad's Reviews
09-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Lots of lockable storage room!
Cons: rusted out, but I coated with bedliner. Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product! barely fits between my aftermarket seats, but i need to find somebody to make another set of keys for it soon...

YJWarrior
YJWarrior's Reviews
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: - Very well made and solid - Perfect factory match (spice)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I lo ve it!!!!

surfingopher
surfingopher's Reviews
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Pros: it made me realize how much better a padded arm rest is compared to the stock one
Cons: it's pretty expensive for what it is but i dont regret the purchase at all- the quality and security you get is well worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: install wasnt that bad just make sure you follow the directions in order cause its a pain to backtrack if you miss a step. the console is really sturdy and looks awesome!! i get lots of compliments on it. i think the storage compasrtment is a little bit bigger than stock and its definitly easier to clean and dig for stuff in- it also comes with a little shelf that you can place in it towards the top which is great for smaller items that would be tricky to find if they were scattered around the bottom. the latch is really beefy- the look of the console alone would deter most thieves i bet form even trying to get in. it was kind of expensive but i definitely dont regret it and i cant imagine owning a jeep without one.

Jasen
Jasen's Reviews
06-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Easy installation. Nice fit and finish to the box
Cons: The lock cylinder is a bit tall and a sharp edge making it uncomfertable to rest you arm on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All and all I really like the Tuffy console insert. The only draw back is the lock cylinder. It's to tall and has a sharp edge making it uncomfertable to use the armrest. Seeing I just put it in I haven't had time to look for a shorter lock cylinder to replace the supplied one.

wilywillie

Web Wheeler
wilywillie's Reviews

02-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Price: $407.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: fits just like OEM with tougher (steel) casing, and more room inside than I can use. extra parts for stereo/CB hook up

vettefever5
vettefever5's Reviews

02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent. the padding on the top is much more comfortable than the hard plastic stock one, and it feels MUCH more secure than stock.

Richfromla
Richfromla's Reviews

11-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tough. Just make sure
you lub the lock monthly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

jeep94yj
jeep94yj's Reviews

09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Large capacity, very strong and lockable storage space. Can't have enough secure storage in a jeep

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »