Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Tuffy Full length under seat drawer

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Tuffy Full length under seat drawer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Tuffy Full length under seat drawer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $320.00
Average Price: $356.67
Manufacturer: Tuffy
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

Full length undersaet drawer mounts under rear tj seat and extends all the way to tailgate. allows rear seat to continue to fold and tumble.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

nichelsond
nichelsond's Reviews

01-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Discrete, Locking storage
Cons: Raises the seat (tall people will hate to sit in your seat) Harder than hell to put in if you have large and muscular fingers (bolts are tough to get to)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the thing, but it is just me and occasionally a friend or two ... If I constantly had more than one person in the Jeep I would take it out

JohnyJeep

JohnyJeep's Reviews
09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Handy to lock up valuables, good for socket wrenchs and misc tools. recovery straps and gear, solid when installed.
Cons: Limited on what you can store, increases seat height, a bit of a pain to install if you have large hands or fingers.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing has been handy and a pain, you can store a lot if you're crafty, but you have to really pack it tight. Is very secure for valubles and solid once installed.

This thing is a pain to install, and if you remove it, be ready for some issues re installing it... Best advice just leave it! The rear seat is raised up a couple inches which is rough for a rear passenger if you have the top off. Their head will stick above the roll bar at least on the TJ's, "Wind Burn!!!" If you have a hard top your passengers will just fit inside.

If you are on the trail and have the rear seat out this thing is most effective, by storing recovery gear and slim tool kits. makes it easy to get that gear out instead of digging through packed items or just stuffing it away or wrapping your bumpers.

For being sheet metal construction and really one of the only systems on the market they can demand a high price for it. They could cut the cost in half, its really not worth the full price. But it came with the Jeep when I bought it, so I cant complain about cost.

RockScar
RockScar's Reviews

04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hrothgar
Hrothgar's Reviews

04-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Solidly built, Lockable, Secure
Cons: Drawer Depth, Latch in middle, No dividers, Metal Handle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product. soildly built. Can store more than I thought, but only objects less that 2.5" high. In mine I have: 20ft tow strap, 6ft tree saver, 2 spare ujoints, spider gears in an aussie locker box, ~20ft of 3/8" air line, 4 way, hatchet, air drill, 3 rachet straps, 3/8 drive torque wrench, mechanics gloves, swr meter, electrical connectors, a few bungee cords, blow gun, air chuck, tire guage, tape measure, and bottle pump. Can be difficult to get mounted. Can also be a pain to get open/closed with the latch hanging down in middle of drawer, especially when things slide around in drawer while closed. In my opinion it would be well suited to have a divider system inside drawer to prevent that, and I will probably end up fabbing my own at some point. Additionally the metal handle provided with the drawer contacted my tailgate not allowing it to close properly. I ended up fabbing a handle out of a piece of cable.

Update 6/25/09: Well it's been over a year since I've installed this and am still very happy. I did end up fabbing my own drawer dividers and that helped A LOT with the issue I had of object sliding in the way of the latch and not letting the drawer open. I've used it to lock up laptop, stereo face plates, cell phones, guns, anything I wanna keep safe when the tops off. I also mounted a Core-trax tie down system to the top of the box, and it has been a great addition. I use it to tie down tool boxes, coolers, camping gear, etc. Very sturdy. See review here