6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ODB-XK 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $320
Rating 4
Average Price $267.53
Manufacturer Tuffy
Recommended Yes: 5 / No: 0

Full length undersaet drawer mounts under rear tj seat and extends all the way to tailgate. allows rear seat to continue to fold and tumble.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Price $320
Rating 4
Pros Solidly built, Lockable, Secure
Cons Drawer Depth, Latch in middle, No dividers, Metal Handle
Recommended yes

Comments: Good product. soildly built. Can store more than I thought, but only objects less that 2.5" high. In mine I have: 20ft tow strap, 6ft tree saver, 2 spare ujoints, spider gears in an aussie locker box, ~20ft of 3/8" air line, 4 way, hatchet, air drill, 3 rachet straps, 3/8 drive torque wrench, mechanics gloves, swr meter, electrical connectors, a few bungee cords, blow gun, air chuck, tire guage, tape measure, and bottle pump. Can be difficult to get mounted. Can also be a pain to get open/closed with the latch hanging down in middle of drawer, especially when things slide around in drawer while closed. In my opinion it would be well suited to have a divider system inside drawer to prevent that, and I will probably end up fabbing my own at some point. Additionally the metal handle provided with the drawer contacted my tailgate not allowing it to close properly. I ended up fabbing a handle out of a piece of cable.

Update 6/25/09: Well it's been over a year since I've installed this and am still very happy. I did end up fabbing my own drawer dividers and that helped A LOT with the issue I had of object sliding in the way of the latch and not letting the drawer open. I've used it to lock up laptop, stereo face plates, cell phones, guns, anything I wanna keep safe when the tops off. I also mounted a Core-trax tie down system to the top of the box, and it has been a great addition. I use it to tie down tool boxes, coolers, camping gear, etc. Very sturdy. See review here

#4 ·
Price $450
Pros Handy to lock up valuables, good for socket wrenchs and misc tools. recovery straps and gear, solid when installed.
Cons Limited on what you can store, increases seat height, a bit of a pain to install if you have large hands or fingers.
Recommended yes

Comments: This thing has been handy and a pain, you can store a lot if you're crafty, but you have to really pack it tight. Is very secure for valubles and solid once installed.

This thing is a pain to install, and if you remove it, be ready for some issues re installing it... Best advice just leave it! The rear seat is raised up a couple inches which is rough for a rear passenger if you have the top off. Their head will stick above the roll bar at least on the TJ's, "Wind Burn!!!" If you have a hard top your passengers will just fit inside.

If you are on the trail and have the rear seat out this thing is most effective, by storing recovery gear and slim tool kits. makes it easy to get that gear out instead of digging through packed items or just stuffing it away or wrapping your bumpers.

For being sheet metal construction and really one of the only systems on the market they can demand a high price for it. They could cut the cost in half, its really not worth the full price. But it came with the Jeep when I bought it, so I cant complain about cost.

#5 ·
Price $300
Rating 5
Pros Discrete, Locking storage
Cons Raises the seat (tall people will hate to sit in your seat)
Harder than hell to put in if you have large and muscular fingers (bolts are tough to get to)
Recommended yes

Comments: I love the thing, but it is just me and occasionally a friend or two ... If I constantly had more than one person in the Jeep I would take it out

#6 ·
Price $0.1
Pros Great for keeping rear seat. High quality
Cons Kinda shallow
Recommended yes

Comments: This is the full drawer under rear seat. kinda shallow, and with the locking mechanism it takes up even more room. Jumper cables recovery straps and few tools is about all you can fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.