Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Spingtail Solutions MPAC Rack

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Spingtail Solutions MPAC Rack Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Spingtail Solutions MPAC Rack

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $135.00
Average Price: $157.50
Manufacturer: Spingtail Solutions
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

Rigid grid system for the Jeep TJ, it mounts to the back door and measures 20.5 inches. Plenty of room for a couple Modular pouches, bags or packs. It fits nicely on the back door and holds a suprising amount. Don't worry about putting the top down either as it and the bags slip nicely under the collapsed top. The rack is constructed out of sturdy 16 gauge aluminium that has been cut using state of the art laser technology. It features expertly welded and polished corners with a durable black powdercoating. We have designed it to accept most MOLLE style pouches

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Orange_TJ
Orange_TJ's Reviews

02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: See detailed review.
Cons: None. Quality product with fast shipping.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Recently I had the privilege to evaluate and review the latest STAT packs from Springtail. There have already been many comments on the quality of the rack and its installation so I will only focus this review on the bags themselves.

The MOLLE bags offered by Springtail (STAT or regular) are of the highest quality that I have seen. Having had experience with a variety of outdoor gear I can confidently say that the quality of Springtail merchandise is unmatched. This includes all of the components to the bags as well: hoops, straps, stitching, Velcro, zippers, etc.

The Velcro used in the STAT packs is extremely strong and in my experience will hold a heavily bag to the rack without incident. The STAT packs are a perfect solution to the problem that previously plagued the MOLLE set ups. The easy grab and go ability is a must in an emergency on the trail. In short, the stat packs are the same outstanding quality as the other Springtail merchandise, but with the added feature of being very easy to remove in case of an emergency or for theft prevention.

I believe that the door pocket bags are also a must have. They fit perfectly and allow you to use an otherwise useless door pocket. Additionally, for those disc golf enthusiasts, the medium stat pack fits 3 discs perfectly.

The Springtail system gives your Jeep what it was seriously lacking…a place to put stuff. This is some of the very best gear I have ever seen and I have no indication of any problems with long lasting durability. I have not posted pictures since they are readily available already. But if any one would like to see some pictures or has further questions about this product PM me.

duckman1
duckman1's Reviews
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy to install with clear instructions and basic tools. Provides a considerable amount of storage. I also purchased the QuicK Grips and used them for a Maglite. The door storage bags fit nicely and also hold plenty.
Cons: I have not noticed any to date.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very well made high quality product. The customer service was excellent and the rack installed easily in less than an hour.

Divinitous

Disgruntled Jeepforum'er
Divinitous's Reviews

06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Price: $135.00
Pros: -Unlimited possibilities for arrangement. -Quick removal of bags, but not insecure. -Well thought out bags, there's lots of pockets, loops, attachment points, and even some velcro strips for name badges. -Bags appear to be water proof, or at least resistant. -Ziptie compatible, oh how I love zip ties. -Rugged assembly. All joints are welded and everything is clean. -Lifetime warranty on the rack (granted as long as the failure isn't from using an attachment that they don't carry, IE, don't weld a tire carrier on and expect them to replace it when it fails) -Drain holes on the door bags.
Cons: -The side screw holes are small. You cannot put the screw straight in through the holes. The holes are ~1/4" big. I had to stick the screw in from an angle and hold it with my pinky while trying to get the screwdriver to straighten the screw into the tailgate hole. It seems that the hole could have been made larger and maybe a rubber cap could cover the larger hole to make it flush. -Only 6 months warranty on the bags. While the bags are well made I'd like to see maybe a year warranty. I can say that I don't see this as being a problem, but I kinda feel that 12 months is generally an industry standard these days. Que Tommy boy t-bone quote. -I'd like to see drain holes on all of the bags. The door ones do, but the rack ones don't. My rear window isn't always in and when it is it still leaks anyways. However, the bags so seal well enough that water may not be a big enough of a problem. We'll see as time goes by and it gets rained on more.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not many people really knew about it but Springtail did a giveaway in the vender section. I was the lucky one chosen and received my TJ MPAC setup today.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761688

I must say that I'm impressed with the overall setup.

To begin I found that they also included two door pockets. It must have been the picture of Rosie.

Well anyway, here's the setup.

The rack comes with 4 sticky velcro pads to help align it. I found these to be a great idea as I could pull the rack off and shift it to make it nice and straight. To my amazement the velcro even stuck to the bedliner.

The instructions suggest to keep the rack ~2" from the top to provide clearance for the tailgate bar.

With the rack in place I took a nail/hammer and marked the holes.

I then removed the rack and drilled 1/16" holes. The included screws were self tapping but the holes helped keep them from walking. Overall the mounting was simple. Two top, Two bottom, One on each side.

The bags are held onto the racks with straps that drop behind the slats and then snap to the lower section of the bag.

This seems like a rather simple setup but I appreciate how it's done. Durring normal offroading conditions it appears pretty hard for the bag to come undone. But in an emergency you can easily lift the bag, releasing the snaps and carry it. The larger of the two bags includes a detachable shoulder strap. A great idea for a bag full of shackles, snatch blocks, winch remote, or even a first aid kit.

Here's a picture of the two door bags, the large bag and the smaller bag.

I can tell that the large bag was well thought out. There's a main pocket for larger items such as a strap and then two smaller that hold shackles quite well.

They even included two loops inside of the bag on each side.

On the outside of the bag is loops galore. If you run out of space in the bag you can always find more room on the outside. Clever thinking guys!

The smaller bag is also well thought out. You can either use the divider for multiple small items (deflators, nuts/bolts, air chucks) or you can stuff a tree saver or two into there.

There's even loops on the back.

Overall putting the bags on the rack is simple. You can mount them high on the rack or low on the rack. I decided to only use the larger bag for now as I had been looking for a place to put my third extinguisher for quite some time.

Sometime in the near future I'll also order some quickfists and mount my second maglite on it.

I have also noticed that if you mount the bag in the lower section of the rack there's enough clearance to mount a maglight horizontally across the top of them.

Now on for the doors.
These bags are pretty clever.
With full doors they fit right into the pocket.

There isn't a whole lot of working room but they will accommodate pens, some papers, and general slim items.

Ultimately I'm pleased with this setup. It's freed up a lot of clutter behind the seats and gave me a great place to put my emergency equipment, which the nurse girlfriend will really love.

Pros:
-Unlimited possibilities for arrangement.
-Quick removal of bags, but not insecure.
-Well thought out bags, there's lots of pockets, loops, attachment points, and even some velcro strips for name badges.
-Bags appear to be water proof, or at least resistant.
-Ziptie compatible, oh how I love zip ties.
-Rugged assembly. All joints are welded and everything is clean.
-Lifetime warranty on the rack (granted as long as the failure isn't from using an attachment that they don't carry, IE, don't weld a tire carrier on and expect them to replace it when it fails)
-Drain holes on the door bags.

Cons: (mostly insignificant)
-The side screw holes are small. You cannot put the screw straight in through the holes. The holes are ~1/4" big. I had to stick the screw in from an angle and hold it with my pinky while trying to get the screwdriver to straighten the screw into the tailgate hole. It seems that the hole could have been made larger and maybe a rubber cap could cover the larger hole to make it flush.
-Only 6 months warranty on the bags. While the bags are well made I'd like to see maybe a year warranty. I can say that I don't see this as being a problem, but I kinda feel that 12 months is generally an industry standard these days. Que Tommy boy t-bone quote.
-I'd like to see drain holes on all of the bags. The door ones do, but the rack ones don't. My rear window isn't always in and when it is it still leaks anyways. However, the bags so seal well enough that water may not be a big enough of a problem. We'll see as time goes by and it gets rained on more.

Springtail is a vender on this forum and can be contacted either through Doc (Hindsight)
http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/Hindsight

Through their webpage.
http://www.springtailsolutions.com/

Or Email
Customer Service springtailsolutions@gmail.com

Zakman

A locked & armored Sport
Zakman's Reviews

01-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Spingtail Solutions MPAC Rack
Price: $135.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice way of organizing your TJ's tailgate. A mounting plate that allows the use of quick-clamps, or MOLLE bags. You can configure it to multiple styles / uses very easily. A bit high price, but the quality and flexability is there

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.