8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TJChef 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $229.99
Rating 4
Average Price $316.66
Manufacturer Select Increments
Recommended Yes: 3 / No: 0

For 76-06 Jeep® CJ-7, Wrangler YJ, TJ & Unlimited.

Improve overall sound, adding some bass while retaining cargo space! A pair of Quad-Pods add four speaker locations for a serious sound upgrade. Each pod has two separate chambers, sealed internally, so your woofers won't interfere with your 6.5" speakers.
Speakers sold separately.

Product Details
Put all your gear in the rear.. the woofers are protected and the bass comes right through! Quad-Pods work with your fold & tumble seat and soft top hardware, up or down. They mount to your Jeep internally for theft protection and boast concealed wire-lead holes.
All Quad-Pods included two 8" grilles, installation instructions and mounting hardware. Powering the pods with an amplifier is recommended (Sold separately).

The 6½" speaker housing is 0.18 cubic feet and provides space for most 6½" speakers with a mounting depth of up to 3+". The woofer chambers are an ideal .5 cubic feet and a pair of sturdy, metal-mesh 8" grilles are included.
6½" grilles vary greatly in design and application and are not included and will usually come with the speakers you purchase.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $229.99
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Excellent sound quality (depending on the speakers you put in there) and they still leave a little space in the trunk. I put cheap Rockford 8" Subs and Sony Xplods 6.5" speakers in my quad-pods and they still sounded great. I'd assume they'd sound even better if I put some better speakers in them.

#3 ·
Price $260
Pros Good fit, easy install Awesome sound!
Cons Clearance issues with tailgate latch, 6.5 speakers too close to seat
Recommended yes

Comments: it came out to about 260-275-ish shipped from 4WD.com I absolutely love these pods. I was skeptical about price, how they looked, and just overall weary about spending the money. DO IT! buy these pods, install high quality speakers, some of the white fabric stuff for the subs(6.5 ports have it already, bolt it to a board that way you dont have to drill your tub, feed it with a decent stereo deck(stock one sucks!) and wait for your ears to bleed. I have a soft top TJ, and I put cheapy sony xplods and some good kicker comps 8's in it powered by a kenwood deck. it hits so hard the mirrors and even the windows shake. couldnt be happier with them. i didnt take pictures yet, but I put my amp under the roll and tumble seat. i welded a frame bracket to the seat fram and the amp fit insde the seat cover. its totally hidden, and the seat will still fold. the speakers are in the way, but the seat does still fold if you need it to.

#4 ·
Price $460
Rating 4
Pros Nice design feels very rugged.(Quad Pods w/ Kicker 8" subs 6.5 mid range)
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: In the process of installing, using the 3/4" plywood under the subs is the way to go, rather than drill into the tub. I had to connect a piece of picture hanging cable to the rear seat latch to allow it to fold. Once the pods are in you can't get to the latch easily from the rear. Don't be fooled it takes up a large percentage of the behind the seat storage, photos to follow.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.