Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Rubicon Express Hand Throttle RE1000

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Rubicon Express Hand Throttle RE1000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Rubicon Express Hand Throttle RE1000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $30.00
Average Price: $27.50
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

HAND THROTTLE
Part #RE1000

The universal hand throttle is designed for use in Jeeps with a manual transmission. Unit mounts to gear shift
lever for easy access and control. Works as an off-road cruise control for technical trail sections and is

invaluable when simultaneous use of clutch brake and throttle is required. Kit includes all necessary parts to

mount to throttle body or carb.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
11-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: easy install once you figure it out, works like a champ.
Cons: directions suck, most parts not needed so it can get a lil confusing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Once I figures out what i wanted to do and what parts I was going to use it took about 15 minutes to install. I installed one in the wifes TJ and one in my YJ. Easy to use and a great addition for offroad. Word to the wise make sure you can shift into all of your gears before you think you are done and that your cables are routed correctly.

TJRubicon06

TJRubicon06's Reviews
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: easy to install, cheap
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a hand throttle, there is not much more to review about it.

Apples

Apples's Reviews
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Pros: Seems to do the job as indicated
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Straightforward install. Does what it is supposed to.

provinT13

provinT13's Reviews

04-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Price: $29.99
Pros: Easy to install, great on the trail, smooths out the ride because you're not bumping the throttle, just set the hand throttle a bit and let it crawl, increase rpm's when winching
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My RE Hand throttle works great. It never binds up, the ratchet design is great for the trail when driving from one obstacle to another when there are lots of rocks or bumps in the trail. It's annoying when you slam the gas and make the ride real jerky from your foot accidently hitting the gas. The hand throttle combats this. Just set the throttle where you want it and let your jeep crawl over everything on the trail without having to mess with the throttle. It's also very helpful to set for a higher rpm when winching or airing up tires. The hand throttle also makes it easier to use clutch, brake, and throttle without having to dance all over the pedals. Set the throttle and you're on your way. One of my top favorite and most helpful modifications done to date, cheap too.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews

10-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Pros: Easy to install & easy to use. Ratchet style works great. It does what it says it will do and does it well as it should.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Without lockers, the hand throttle (plus brakes) makes easy work of foolin' your dif into engaging and getting you out of or through a tough spot. Read about it on the forum and thought I'd try it. Great advice and turns out it's sometimes a lifesaver.

It's also good for holding a steady, higher idle if your winchin' or something. One other thing, when you're in slow moving traffic it's a great poor man's "cruise control". Not a recommended use...

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews

10-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Pros: Easy to install & easy to use. Ratchet style works great. It does what it ways it will do and does it well as it should be.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Without lockers, the hand throttle (plus brakes) makes easy work of foolin' your dif into engaging. Read about it on the forum and thought I'd try it. Great advice and turns out it's sometimes a lifesaver.

It's also good for holding a steady, higher idle if your winchin' or something. one other thing, when you're in slow moving traffic it's a great poor man's "cruise control". Not a recommended use...

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews

10-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Pros: Easy to install & easy to use. Ratchet style works great. It does what it ways it will do and oes it well. That's the way it should be.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Without lockers, the hand throttle (plus brakes) makes easy work of foolin' your dif into engaging. read about it on the forum and thought I'd try it. Great advice and turns out it's sometimes a lifesaver.

It's also good for holding a steady, higher idle if your winchin' or something. one other thing, when you're in slow moving traffic it's a great poor man's "cruise control". Not a recommended use...

jeepinreb1975
jeepinreb1975's Reviews

12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excelent

rgingerelli99tj
rgingerelli99tj's Reviews

09-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the best thing you can buy if you have a stick and like to wheel in tricky areas where you need a "3rd foot". Easy to install and works great.