Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Monstaliner - Monstaliner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Monstaliner - Monstaliner Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Monstaliner - Monstaliner

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $123.47
Manufacturer: Monstaliner
Recommended?
Yes: 18 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.monstaliner.com

Spray in, paint on, drop-in, roll on, do it yourself, pay someone else?

Rhino, Line-X, Gator, Raptor, Hippo, Hercules, Scorpion and now Monsta!

Researching which bed liner to purchase could easily make your head spin. One thing is certain though... just about every zoo animal and reptilian creature known to man has a product named after it.

If you've done your bed liner homework, you've learned that professional spray installed liners like Rhino Linings or Line-X can cost more than you feel like spending. Protecting your truck bed or jeep tub does not have to empty your pockets. Monstaliner™ is a highly durable, do-it-yourself solution that provides truly professional looking results while costing hundreds less than expensive spray installations.

Until now, a key issue with roll on bed liners has been a less than professional appearance and an inconsistent surface texture. Most roll on products use crumb rubber particles (ground up tires) as a way of creating texture. Crumb rubber is just a cheap filler and can comprise up to 1/4 of the gallon in popular roll on bed liners. With so much particle matter floating around in a gallon, settling can occur during use and the texture effect can turn out uneven and splotchy.

Monstaliner is a "New Generation" coating that contains no crumb tire rubber and its unique

surface texture is created solely by the installation rollers. As Monstaliner is rolled, texture is

pulled up from the coating and the surface cures with a unique, raised texture that looks

almost sprayed. Some customers have even said it looks like molded plastic. This light

surface texture as seen in photos around this web site, is far more eye pleasing

than the "dirt thrown in a glossy black paint job" look of other roll on products.

The other major issue with roll on bed liners has been UV protection and this is where Monstaliner really puts other DIY products to shame. When a coating is not UV stable, the polymer starts to break down in the sun. With the crumb rubber filled liners, rubber particles starts to flake free and the coating starts to look poor and may even peel. Moisture can also migrate through the surface and start a rusting problem.

Monstaliner is formulated from 100% UV permanent, aliphatic polymers with high density ceramic core particle reinforcement. The ceramic is bonded to the polymer creating a tough and impenetrable barrier against moisture and corrosion.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Co0kieMoBster

Co0kieMoBster's Reviews
04-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Covers up all the nasty crap that is your floorboards, Looks amazing! Is very forgiving if a mistake is made.
Cons: Can be confusing to prepare especially when doing a custom design with different colors.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This stuff is simply amazing!!! covers up everything!!!! Prep work takes a fair bit of time but if you don't overthink it and just do as the instructions say to do, then It will turn out great! no over sanding and grinding is needed, just the little scuff pad they give you would have worked great.... I just wanted to make sure mine looked good so I took way too many unnecessary steps to prep. I wasted a whole lot of time doing more than I needed. Just scuff with provided pad until it is all milky and not shiny at all and you will be good! rolling it and using the paint brush was the easy part as it spread like BUTTA!

Plus you can't beat having the guy who makes it and sells it right on the forum to answer every question you might have about the product, prep work and **** ups along the way. He steered me right a few times after I had a laps of judgement! all worked out well!

And don't forget about the awesome deal!!!! i got a free quart of chassis saver just for being on the forum. I didn't apply for the free shipping because I live in Canada but that is understandable. The product got here fast and I didn't get dinged to much for duty.

I highly recommend this product! And also encourage people to be creative with it!! the possibilities are endless especially with the HUGE amount of colours they offer!!!!!

GO BUY SOME! your jeep will thank you!

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: durable, easy to roll on
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did the inside of my TJ in roll on black because my carpet was starting to look bad. It rolled on really easy and as long as you follow their instructions to the letter it's exactly as good as they claim. It took one gallon for the interior and I had some left over. After about 7 months it still looks like I just did it. mud and dirt come right off with a little bit of hose pipe action. I had my dog in the back and I thought his nails left little white marks in the liner but then I looked closer and saw that those white "scuffs" were his nails. so If you want a good DIY bedliner and a something to file your dogs nails this is a total package

JFcavedweller

JFcavedweller's Reviews
10-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Pros: do it yourself, nice textured finish
Cons: breakage of rollers, requires perfect temperature range
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect as an inexpensive do it yourself bedliner for the inside (or outside) of a jeep. Like with every bedliner, prep work is everything, and I'm finding all the places that weren't prepared perfectly, but overall it does a great job.

Havoc443
Havoc443's Reviews
05-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Pros: - spray or roll on application - durable - wide variety of colours
Cons: - none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the tintable 1 gallon kit in Desert Sand for my Jeep tub and have had no issues with it so far (installed fall 2012). There is great support from both the manufacturer and the online community for installation help. Just purchased the new tntable quart in the same colour to paint my new sub enclosures and the colour matches perfectly with the previous coat.

mike_breaker_5

Web Wheeler
mike_breaker_5's Reviews
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: easy, durable, great look.
Cons: smells strong while installing. do work outdoors if possible.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great diy coating. highly recommended to anyone to support this forum vendor.

Jims-87YJ

Jims-87YJ's Reviews
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Pros: Excellent Product
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had the body pulled off during my rebuild and sandbalsted, applied Epoxy Primer after minor rust repair, followed by Monstaliner Black on the interior and Med. Qrtz Grey in the engine compartment. Could not be happier!

Luuca

Professional Novice
Luuca's Reviews
08-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Awesome coverage, great look, easy to install
Cons: Prepwork is key and time consuming. Do it right the first time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found the product to be everything it was said to be. Awesome to install and looks great compared tot he rust and dirt floors I had before.

My only warning is to strip everything out of and off your jeep before you prep. Prep is THE most important thing. Cleaning the surface of grease and oil, knocking off light rust, removing all bolts and support from the rear tailgate etc. Take your time and make sure your prep work is top notch and you'll get great results.

JuniorUSN

JuniorUSN's Reviews
07-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Pros: Tough as nails, looks good, and DIY.
Cons: A decent size project to make it look professional.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The quality is top notch. I love the texture and the durability of this stuff. 2 months later with mostly top off driving in the sun and no fading what so ever.

dmj13

All Jeep'd up.
dmj13's Reviews
07-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Easy to install, looks good. So far, so good as far as durability, etc.
Cons: Smell has been lingering as it cures, but no big deal. It sets up SERIOUSLY quickly if it is a hot and humid day (read: June in Alabama). I felt like I was racing to get the first coat down.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The product worked just like the instructions said. My only advice would be to wait for a cooler day if you live in a hot climate. The liner reacts with humidity to start the curing process and I was racing the set-up of the liner (or felt like it) when I put it on. There was rain, 100+ degree temps- tons of fun. All-in-all, though, you can't beat it for the price. The color tint I ordered was a little off from what I thought it would be, but I didn't order a set of paint chips and just went off my monitor. It still matches the interior (Khaki) pretty well. I like it a lot. Get a partner to help if you can. I did mine all by my lonesome, but it would have been MUCH easier with help.

RastaTJ

RastaTJ's Reviews
06-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great Stuff, Works well and lasts
Cons: Gotta take your time installing it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product, I did it myself + 2 buddies. Gotta take your time to scuff it right, and making sure you get all the spots. A must for dirty jeeps.

parrotparty

parrotparty's Reviews
01-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Price: $159.90
Pros: Amazing Product, Amazing Customer Service. Went on very well and holds up amazing. Very professional results.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a very great project. Its definitly recomended for anyone, It can be done alone but a friend would be great to have around, as well as a garage. MagnetMan is definitly a great guy to work with.

firewalker909

Ok, one more.
firewalker909's Reviews
08-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Easy to apply. Dries quickly. Smooth textured surface for easy cleaning.
Cons: Haven't found any yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Monstaliner kit for Jeep's came with everything needed to apply the product. The Monstaliner went on easily and I was able to apply the second coat within two hours of the first.

It has a great texture that is not overly rough so it should be easy to clean. A great advantage is being able to roll on the product without using a spray gun. This required less prep time masking off the rest of the Jeep.

I would recommend ordering an extra set of rollers with the kit and picking up some extra 2" paint brushes from the hardware store for all the tight areas the rollers can't get in to.

Overall I am very pleased with Monstaliner.

Noxpredor
Noxpredor's Reviews

10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Pros: Cheap, Tough, Looks good.
Recommended? No

Comments: Got this on special free shipping and a free can of Chasis Saver.
This is a rather straight forward product. It is much more cost effective then the "Big" names Rhino, Line-x. It costs about a sixth what they were going to charge me. This is a definite chore to do labor intensive and the results are dependent on what you put into it. Lots of prep work. The product is easy to apply its just getting to that stage. Plan on this being a several day chore. I was able to do it by myself but would of gone way faster and easier with another person. DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR HANDS!!! It will not wash off once it is dry, it will have to wear off 3-4 days. Turned out well will update later when I have put it through the wringer.

quadcrazed26
quadcrazed26's Reviews
07-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: hard as a rock. available in colors. uv reisistant and on and on and on.. its great!
Cons: stinks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: caught it on a great deal. 100$ with a free quart of chassis saver! awesome!

BrandonRay

BrandonRay's Reviews
07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Price: $115.00
Pros: 10x better than carpet, very durable, UV resistant, discount to forum members
Cons: I couldve used more rollers with the kit for my LJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I rolled this stuff on myself, the kit came with everything needed, and came with a chassis saver. Like I said above I could've used extra rollers. This was a lot of work but well worth it.

TJamie

TJamie's Reviews
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Pros: Nice looking, durable interior
Cons: Hard to apply in a Jeep, still smells after 2 weeks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 1 gallon kit during their April 2010 special. It takes a lot of work getting a Jeep ready, as the interior needs to be stripped, cleaned and prepped.

Once prepped and taped, it can be a difficult product to apply. They recommend 2 coats, but have a red jeep and would recommend a third if you can swing it. It's very difficult to tell where the missing specks are when wet, as the finish is very glossy, but you'll notice them later. I've been touching my interior up with a black paint pen ever since.

It's also pretty hard to apply, especially after sitting around for half a day. The first roller worked fine, but the second one started disintegrating after about 15 minutes. This especially annoying since you'll end up with bits of hard, coated roller sticking out of your finish. After it dried a little, I went through, picked them out and retouched.

And yeah, it still smells after 2 weeks. Not bad, but it's there.

It's a hard process, but I think it's worth it in the end.

LuckRider

Web Wheeler
LuckRider's Reviews

05-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Easy to clean, Cheaper than a professional job without a sacrifice in quality, great finish, isn't rough on skin, thickest application compared to any other DIY liner.
Cons: Makes the garage stink for a little bit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did the liner last year in my first TJ. I loved the stuff, and it performed very well, and I never had a problem with it. Since I now have a different Jeep, I will be once again lining the tub with Monstaliner. The results from the first Jeep were so impressive that I know I won't be disappointed.

I did a full write-up for the last TJ here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/

The first post has a link to my full review of the product including some stress tests. I would (and have) fully recommend Monstaliner to any Jeeper or truck owner looking for such a product.

dm33buckeyes
dm33buckeyes's Reviews

05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: Thick, easy to roll on. Nice coverage. More than enough to do the tub.
Cons: Would be nice to have 3 rollers in kit instead of two.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great look and finish

UltimateCC
UltimateCC's Reviews

11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Very easy to use Very inexpensive compared to other products Great finish of a spray on liner but in a roll in liner
Cons: none in my opinion
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well I was looking for a liner to put down in our project K5 blazer at the shop and was debating between herculiner, U-POL and rhinoliner or lineX. There is no budget with this build but I have used the roll on herculiner in the past and was really impressed with it for the money. Then came along Monstaliner and after some discussion/research I was sold and figured we would give it a try. Check out monstaliner.com for more details about the product. The big selling point for me was the finish. I really hated how hard it was to clean the herculiner being how gritty it is. The monstaliner had a much smoother finish more like some of the spray on liners. The kit comes with everything you need and has some very detailed instructions that I highly suggest you reading if its your first time using the product. It will save you a lot of headaches and time while installing the Monstaliner. After having this stuff in our blazer for over a week now I have to say I am pretty impressed with not only the finish but the durability. I will update this thread in the future with how it last long term but I have no doubts it will be holding up great.

All photos were taken by AMCPHOTOS: more pics can be found at Zenfolio | AMCPHOTOS

ONE OF THE FIRST SHOTS WE HAVE OF THE RIG

MONSTALINER AND ULTIMATE COLLISION CENTER

ADDING THE CATALYST

MIXING

THE MIXER SUPPLIED WITH THE KIT

SCUFF THE AREA TO CREATE A NICE SURFACE FOR THE MONSTALINER TO BIND TO BUT DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BARE METAL

CLEAN THE AREA

PRIMER ANY RAW METAL

POUR SOME MONSTALINER INTO THE SUPPLIED TRAY

USE A BRUSH TO GET ANY AREAS THAT WOULD BE DIFFICULT WITH THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS

USING THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS TO LAY DOWN A NICE THICK FIRST LAYER

MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO PUT GLOVES ON OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WEARING MONSTALINER FOR A FEW DAYS

BEFORE

AFTER FIRST COAT BUT STILL WET

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF CURING

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.