Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $82.44
Manufacturer: Herculiner
Recommended?
Yes: 69 / No: 1

Herculiner is a unique, advanced-formula, do-it-yourself, black protective coating for truck beds. This ready-to-use, textured polyurethane coating looks great and protects your vehicle. Skid resistant textured surface won't peel, chip, or flake! Bonds and seals all surfaces to prevent rust, resist gasoline, oil, solvents, and chemicals. Easy to apply: just clean and prepare the surface, brush or roll on the ready-to-use coating, and allow to dry! Save hundreds of dollars compared to dealer-installed spray-on liners or plastic liners. Kit includes: one gallon Herculiner textured polyurethane coating, one gallon can opener, one application brush (2"), two rollers, a roller handle and an abrasive cleaning pad.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Shag

Shag's Reviews

02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Price: $60.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Alot of prep/work, but well worth it in the end. Give yourself a weekend to get it all done.

02BlackSahara
02BlackSahara's Reviews

11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Pros: very easy to do, about a day or so
Cons: shows dirt
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did my herc last weekend and it looks great so far. It does show dirt and dust bright as day, but its not that bad. The pros outweigh the cons by far.

It has a really rich black look to it that seems to accent my green and tan sahara interior nicely

included
included's Reviews

08-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Pros: Cheap, easy, looks great, great protection.
Cons: Shows dust badly, NOT easy to get off of hands (wear gloves!!)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I Herculined my TJ about 6 months ago and so far it's been my favorite mod! It goes on so easily, gives a nice clean look (except when dusty), and protects everything excellently. It also gives you more peace of mind when spraying out your tub, because you don't have to worry about rust!

Just take your time and do your prep correctly, and make sure to wear gloves!!! Even paint thinner won't take it off your hands!

fl_frank
fl_frank's Reviews

06-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Pros: good protection
Cons: wore through in several areas
Recommended? Yes

Comments: did the whole interior about 5 years ago and it rubbed off fairly quickly in several places (like near the gas pedal where my heel rests and other high use areas). i live in a high salt environment and this has definitely prolonged the life of my jeep.

brrempel

brrempel's Reviews

10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Pros: Tough, easy to apply, cheep
Cons: When it dries on something it's permanent. That's good and bad depending on what it dries on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After reading various forums and doing a lot of research I decided I wanted to Herculine my Jeep. The carpets were getting wet almost daily and starting to stink so I had to do something.

I read a lot of posts from people that did all of the work in one weekend. Needless to say I am nowhere near that motivated so I gave myself a week. I mostly did all of the work in the evenings after my day job. A couple of nights to take everything out and clean, a couple of nights to sand and an evening to tape it off. I sprayed it all in about half a day.

I ended up spraying five coats, all fairly thin, and waited an hour between coats. I used almost all of a gallon of Herc (90% of it). I found that doing multiple light coats allowed me to see places I was missing and hit them before it was too late. I'm sure someone that knows how to do this would have used fewer coats, but I'd never done anything like this before. This was actually the first time I've used an air compressed tool, the spray gun.

I got the Herc at Checker Auto for $79, the spray gun off of Ebay for $22, and Zelene, rags, plastic drop cloth, tape and a couple other things I'm sure I'm forgetting at a paint supply store for about $25.

Total cost was about $130.

Total time (not counting the hours between coats) from start to finish (everything back in the Jeep) was about 12-14 hours.

I'm very happy with the results. Whenever I buy another Jeep or a truck, this will be the first project I do to them. Jeep should consider offering this as a "no rug" option in my opinion.

Thanks to all the guys that did this before me. Without you posting your adventures on some message board somewhere, I would never have considered doing this myself.

The pictures!

This is after stripping everything out and just washing with a wet towel:

After sanding and taping:

After spraying:

JaySpencer66
JaySpencer66's Reviews

09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Goes on easily
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product. Do your prep and be meticulous about it and it will be a piece of cake to apply. I did not and would not use a rollar, this stuff splatters too easily. I've had no issues at all with it, I could not be happier.

In addition to the protection it adds to the metal this stuff also attenuated a lot of the road noise I had and serves nicely as a heat insulator.

cdmonz
cdmonz's Reviews

09-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: cheap compared to a spray on, durable
Cons: some sections look faded
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this on the inside of my tub due to molded carpet(really bad), about 8 months ago. It has held up great. One problems, a little faded in areas with a lot of sun, but i just did a little touch up there and its fine, but thats the same with any bedliner, so i guess its a plus that its easier to fix. Easy to clean off, water hose + shop vac works like a charm. Bad thing is i accedently covered up my drain plugs, but its ok they dont work great anyway, shopvac works better

cheesycook

Accident Prone Bonehead
cheesycook's Reviews

08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Pros: Good price, tough, roll it and forget it
Cons: Not the consistent finish of a spray job.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I used red for the inside of the tub. Which by the way matches FLAME RED perfectly.

stevensinger

stevensinger's Reviews

08-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Pros: Cheap Tough Lasts forever
Cons: Hard to do, LOTS of PREP TIME
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would do it but make sure you have good temps 65-80 and about three or four days to work on it. TAKE YOURS TIME IT WILL LOOK MUCH BETTER

Leroux

Leroux's Reviews

08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Holds up great, Protects well, looks great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Applied almost 4 years ago, has only worn in a couple place where I scraped it by accident loading stuff in the back. Does not get soft in hot weather, perfect texture, and very affordable. Just make sure you prep well.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4