Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Herculiner Brush-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $82.44
Manufacturer: Herculiner
Recommended?
Yes: 69 / No: 1

Herculiner is a unique, advanced-formula, do-it-yourself, black protective coating for truck beds. This ready-to-use, textured polyurethane coating looks great and protects your vehicle. Skid resistant textured surface won't peel, chip, or flake! Bonds and seals all surfaces to prevent rust, resist gasoline, oil, solvents, and chemicals. Easy to apply: just clean and prepare the surface, brush or roll on the ready-to-use coating, and allow to dry! Save hundreds of dollars compared to dealer-installed spray-on liners or plastic liners. Kit includes: one gallon Herculiner textured polyurethane coating, one gallon can opener, one application brush (2"), two rollers, a roller handle and an abrasive cleaning pad.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: easy to apply, durable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: did my interior with Herculiner...rough texture but very durable and looks great.

Cambler
Cambler's Reviews
11-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Price: $89.00
Pros: This stuff goes on easy and is Seriously Tuff Stuff!!!
Cons: It remains tacky for a few days so watch the clothing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Herculiner 1 Gal. can and Applicator kit, for $89 on Ebay, to do the inside and bed rails of my 1981 CJY Tub. After a good scuffing with some scotch brite and cleaning it rolled on very easy. I used 2 coats. I am thoroughly impressed with Herculiner. It didn't even scuff after installing and removing the hard top on my CJ7. I will be using it on my pick up bed as well. 5 STARS!

tride000

tride000's Reviews
09-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Pros: Protects interior
Cons: Messy, time consuming
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Made this a weekend project, did everything solo, turned out fantastic!!! Prep is THE KEY!!! Take your time, follow instructions, don't get in a big hurry (cure time is crucial) & you will not be disappointed!! One of the best DIY money savers out there in my opinion.

imafrkshow
imafrkshow's Reviews
06-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Price: $89.99
Pros: easy to apply. quick drying.
Cons: preparation sucks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After finding rust underneath the carpet/padding and finding holes. I ripped the interior out and took out the center console and seats.

preparation was key. all the rusty spots were taken care off with wire brush and rust inhibitor. i cut out the too far gone areas and put in a new floor pan.

applied two coats of herculiner to interior, rock panels and roof and still had some left over.

dertyj689
dertyj689's Reviews
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: used the kit with a one gallon can, and had a little bit leftover. it being my first time using it, not sure if i did it completely correct. but it has been holding up nicely for the passed few days. ill get back to you on it
Cons: not too sure yet, because i havent had it in but a few days, ill let you know as i find out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very easy to apply
longest part was prep, the scuff pad they give is bs, i used 180 and 220 grit sand paper to take off the paint for a good grab and hold, for the liner.
took 2 days, and i did it in sections because my jeep is my dd.
any questions just ask!

gunrun45
gunrun45's Reviews
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Pros: It's easy to apply after you get the prep work done the right way. Because I put it under a carpet kit I'm not worried about it fading. I've put this product on rocker panels on other rigs in the past and it's still holding strong 10+ years later.
Cons: You have to apply I when it's warm enough outside for it to cure. Follow the directions to the letter and you won't have any issues. It will fade over time if exposed to sunlight because I doesn't had any UV stabalizers in it. It's also very rough textured.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: There are many reviews of this product. It's really good if properly applied y following ALL of the directions to the letter. Don't try to cut any corners or I WILL peal on you or, even worse, allow moisture under it.

Tankmeister
Tankmeister's Reviews
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Easy Application
Cons: Smells for a while, Headache Inducing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it, wonderful for your floor if you ruined the carpets or are looking for a badass interior

KWBxj00
KWBxj00's Reviews
08-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: looks nice, easy clean-up when water or dirt is on it
Cons: smells bad for several days, need several layers to actually build up a sort of "thickness" to it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the product, I recommend to other jeep users who have bare floors or just want to strip out their carpets.

mrmark

mrmark's Reviews
04-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: can wash with water, doesn't scratch, no rust, looks better that a scratched up interior.
Cons: kind of thin, I would recommend putting it on thicker than the 2 coats or upgrading to a spray on which is much thicker.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually used the Duplicolor version of roll on bed liner. Next time I would go with a spray on thicker version of this. But the cost of this $50 compared to the $850 they wanted to Rhinoline it makes it worth the time. I would probably have put on a 3rd or 4th coat of the stuff to make it thicker had I realized it was a bit thin still. It is rougher to the touch than the spray on liners I have seen. If I was to do it again I would get the more expensive spray on liner that I can do it myself with my compressor.

O311YJ
O311YJ's Reviews
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Price: $92.00
Pros: Durable, feels great, looks good and adds flavor to your jeep.
Cons: Dont get on yours hands...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Take your time to clean and prep the surfaces right if you want it to come out right and last.

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Inside of my Wrangler is now %100 water proof.
Cons: Time consuming to install but worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great finish, easy to apply, saves a bunch of money. It's all in the prep work!

tmulholland24
tmulholland24's Reviews
08-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Rolls on easy, very little prep work, dries fast. Protects the inside of my truck from rusting and looks awesome!
Cons: once it gets on something there is no getting it off easily.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product came with a brush a roller and a gallon of herculiner. One gallon is more than enough for the interior of a YJ. Awesome kit for the price.

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Pros: Great
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Holds really well

tater_kamik
tater_kamik's Reviews
06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: cheap, works.
Cons: pain to get grit mixed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Herculiner knock off from Northern Tool actually. Did not see a spot for it though. Works great so far. Just a pain to get the grit the same throughout. I just got the grit from the bottom and put it in the roller pan, then added the paint. Worked well then.

Corpusdingo007
Corpusdingo007's Reviews
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Pros: Looks great!
Cons: Wish it was a matte finish.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product for the money especially if you want a rugged-use, professional looking interior. The prep time took about 3 hours between my son and I (removing seats, vacuuming, sanding, cleaning, and masking). The product goes on easy and really looks good when you're done. I made a huge mistake of not wearing gloves during the application process. I would advise anyone using this to wear gloves and junky shoes and not flip-flops. It took about 24 hours to dry but it wasn't until day 2 that it really hardened up. If you get the product on something you don't want it on, relax and just wipe it off. You have plenty of time to wipe it clean. The directions call for an hour between coats I think but it works much better if you give it 2 or 3 hours. I purchased the product from Autozone for about $89 in full kit form. Great value for what you get when you compare the price between other retailers.

hybridmoments

hybridmoments's Reviews
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: awesome
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this mod, definitely one of my favorites.

wildside202
wildside202's Reviews
05-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Pros: Very Durable
Cons: Hard to clean up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Went on very easy. Well worth the purchase. It has not shown any wear or signs of flaking off. Sand the area really well and then wipe down with thinner before applying.

Jeremy93yj
Jeremy93yj's Reviews
04-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Cheap, straightforward install
Cons: Your garage will stink for awhile
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't speak to it's durability yet, as I just finished it yesterday. The install is pretty easy though. You will also need to buy acetone, rubber gloves, masking tape, and an extra brush. The kit comes with one, and when I went to put on the second coat the brush was hard as a rock despite being put in a ziplock bag.

SavannahJeep

SavannahJeep's Reviews
03-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Price: $69.00
Pros: Full kit, roller and all, easy install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great alternative for the do-it-yourselfers. Save the $550 spray in job and buy a winch or something else useful. Scruff up the paint on the tub, roll on the Hurculiner, let dry for a few minutes, recoat up to 4 or 5 times for best result. 2 coats seems like a lot but it will eventually chip up.

Eric2000TJ
Eric2000TJ's Reviews
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: One of the cheaper ones to buy and is a heck of a lot cheaper than Rhino or LineX.
Cons: Probly the same with anything, but you really need great prep work!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: PREP!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last