Company website http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Vehicle-Handgun-Mount-p8.html

Overall: 3.5 out of 5
  • Cost: 5 out of 5
  • Delivery: 5 out of 5
  • Selection: 3 out of 5
  • Function: 2 out of 5
  • Ordering/Website: 4 out of 5
  • Customer Service: N/A

What: Accessible Concealed Carry solution; attaches under steering wheel. Tested with 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JK).

Problem: Looking for a Concealed Carry solution legal in the Great State of Texas where the handgun must be concealed from view in the vehicle. Gum Creek's solution is the only one I found that attaches under the steering wheel and provides quick access.

NOTE: Does not come with the holster (one can be purchased separately on the website or use your own).

Review: Cost is reasonable and the only option I could find available on the market. If you want an under the steering wheel solution this is it. But, it is difficult to take out the slack and get a secure grip - I'm not happy with the tension but can't tighten further due to the design. I also had to remove the holster to reach the tension strap and it's difficult to attach the holster afterwards. I have a concern the entire contraption may come loose while drawing the weapon.

From the website: "Quick and accessible, our universal steering wheel column mount is ideal for carrying a handgun in your vehicle for convenience or self-defense. Great for those who often conceal carry and may not want to keep their pistol on them while driving. Also popular for those who travel or as a self-defense system for situations where a weapon is desired to be in immediate close reach. No more shoving a handgun between seats, placing under a seat, in a door, on/in a console, or in any other area that is uncomfortable, unsafe or non-secure. Simply use one of our Gum Creek Vehicle Mount Holster's (select size above) or any common type of holster you may already own. Install the mount directly into the gap below your steering wheel column and secure at the bottom of the dash/kick panel. Release mount in seconds to securely put away if desired. This product is not vehicle or firearm specific. One size fits all. Length adjusts from 6¾" - 13½". Color: Black. Made in USA. Lifetime Warranty. Patent Pending"

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.