Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Bestop Instatrunk

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Bestop Instatrunk Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Bestop Instatrunk

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $108.85
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 0

Trunk extender, trunk security

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Liberty6

Liberty6's Reviews
08-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Able to lock up my valuables.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With having a soft top your options are few for keeping your valuables safe.
With the Tailgate Security Enclosure you have less worries being able to lock your stuff up.

Mastagolla

Mastagolla's Reviews
07-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Pros: Great look, great security, easy installation.
Cons: The price may be a little high.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The installation was very easy. You don't necessarily need to cut the carpet for the install, but I did. The reason is when I would put my tool box in, the carpet would get bunched up so I cut around the base on the inside. It fits very well and looks great. I ordered it from quadratec. Great product.

Platypus

Built In The Rain
Platypus's Reviews
01-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Price: $39.95
Pros: Seals nicely against door, heavier gauge steel, high quality finish and paint/powder coat
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this thing, always goes back in, same time as the soft top during the summer, never had a single problem with it, plus stickers take to is well.

tride000

tride000's Reviews
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Pros: Hides my stuff from prying eyes.
Cons: Need to remember to keep tailgate locked.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After bedlining my tub and installing extra thick, new carpet, the holes of the Instatrunk didn't line up without a little extra muscle....no biggie, though. Installed it alone and it was completed in no time!

Mattusch
Mattusch's Reviews
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Price: $134.99
Pros: place to lock stuff up when top is off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Drills into tub behind back seat and gives you a locking trunk when the top is off. I keep my tools, tire plug kit, recovery strap, jumper cables, small air compressor that plugs into cigarette lighter, and a 60lb sand bag to add weight for driving in snow or if i manage to get it stuck in the snow.

tbrandt
tbrandt's Reviews
12-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Great space to safely store valuables
Cons: No room behind rear seat.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great safe storage for when I take my top off. Although you do lose easy access to the space behind the rear seat.

Rubicon985
Rubicon985's Reviews
11-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Solid - padded inside
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the under seat lock box. It bolts to the existing front seat bolts and remains hidden under seat. Box locks and has smooth roller rails and padded inside. Good place to keep a gun or other valuables.

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great storage for the rear cargo area.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Should be one of the first mods in my opinion.

jennings80116
jennings80116's Reviews

09-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Pros: easy install
Cons: really secure?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: how does it stay secure when you have no top on and doors are on with power locks? someone could just hit unlock and the tailgate would be now open.

jbrajko
jbrajko's Reviews
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: makes a trunk
Cons: when seat is out it gets in the way
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As you all know jeeps get broke into and stuff gets stolen. this has been the best way to keep my work computer safe no matter where i go. install was easy also

krahnilogikal

krahnilogikal's Reviews
07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Pros: Quick in and out
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with Jeep from previous owner. Easy to remove and re-install with nutserts. Sturdy steel construction. I only use it when my backseat is in. Provides great security when tailgate is locked but very little in the way of weather resistance. Lots of gaps around the sides and bottom. I could probably resolve that with some weather stripping but I don't use it often enough to care. My wife likes it so she can lock up her stuff when we go to the beach. Good product.

Jeiip
Jeiip's Reviews
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Easy to install, fits well, and does what it is supposed to.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: We were looking for an affordable way to secure items behind our back seat. The Instatrunk is great.

bj19734
bj19734's Reviews
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Easy install, thick metal
Cons: powder coat scratches easy. Didnt have enough weatherstripping and it pushes in easy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was easy to install. The weatherstripping was not enough to fit the entire length. Very small space for the trunk but that was known because it has to fit behind the seats

cbman
cbman's Reviews
04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Pros: It's convenient
Cons: you can't use the whole back of the jeep to haul stuff, but you can just remove it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It came with my Jeep, it's nice to have especially with the soft top on.

ikanspelwel
ikanspelwel's Reviews
04-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Price: $129.99
Pros: Great lockable storage. Utilizes space very efficently.
Cons: The kit should include thumb screws
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is great. It creates a lockable storage area right behind the tailgate. It utilizes the space perfectly, and doesn't interfere with the operation of the rear seat. The only thing I want to add myself is thumb screws to easily remove it if needed.

tearlenb
tearlenb's Reviews
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Price: $105.00
Pros: Great cheap way to add some lockable storage.
Cons: Doesn't fit flush at corners on LJ. Had to readjust to get around light box.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I liked the way this added some lockable storage. It was pretty easy to install, but would be better for a TJ (although it says that it also works on an LJ, it wasn't a perfect fit). It's pretty sturdy and doubles as a shelf when I'm working on the Jeep. With the top off, it isn't perfectly waterproof, but I added some extra weather guarding to fix that.

aalbinger

Flatlander
aalbinger's Reviews
03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Pros: easy install even without the kit (I got it 2nd hand)
Cons: without the install kit I won't be able to quickly remove the instatrunk to haul larger items
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works as advertised

aalbinger

Flatlander
aalbinger's Reviews
03-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Pros: easy to find online install instructions even tho I got the trunk 2nd hand. NO DRILLING!
Cons: none so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just recently installed. Seems like an excellent way to have a few things "locked up and out of sight" without having to drill holes or remove any other factory features.

tjmdr
tjmdr's Reviews
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Easy Installation & Removal.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well Made and easy to install. I like to use it if I have the top down for a little added security.

Ktjex

Ktjex's Reviews
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Pros: Sturdy metal
Cons: Pita to bolt in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Like the product but you have to open up the wheel wells and cram your hands to bolt it in. But gives good safe storage with the top off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last