Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Misc > Bestop HighRock 4x4™ Universal Rack Tray

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Bestop HighRock 4x4™ Universal Rack Tray Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Misc Next Product

Bestop HighRock 4x4™ Universal Rack Tray

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $162.98
Average Price: $156.49
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12034_214_07.htm

The HighRock 4x4™ Universal Rack Tray can be installed in multiple locations around your Jeep, giving you the versatility to put storage where you want it. Depending on where they're installed, trays can each hold up to 75 pounds of gear. The thermoformed plastic tray is lighter than steel and has better impact resistance. Rounded corners help prevent injury if bumped. Cargo is tightly secured with tie-down straps anchored by installed I-bolts.

Tags
bestop , rack , storage

Login or Register to Add Review

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: NONE!
Cons: Everything! Made in China, hardware doesnt fit, quality is aweful, poor fit, feels and looks cheap!
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought this for my 06 LJ Jeep from 4wd. Site and Bestop told me it would fit my make and model. Wrong! Quality is pathetic like most Bestop products. Hardware didnt fit, brackets didnt come close to fitting, and overall construction was a joke! I wouldnt trust this thing to hold up under its own weight let alone hold any kind of cargo! Shoved it all back into its box and am sending it back ASAP.

Spend your money elsewhere! Buy American!

Feel free to ask me about it - if this review wasn't a good enough modivator to never buy this product!

grogie

M-F: Cell Block #4533
grogie's Reviews

05-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Price: $162.98
Pros: Much better rear storage! Great to have the rack to throw stuff on rather then just in the rear seat. When my hardtop is on, my dogs can sit on it for a great view.
Cons: Bad supplied lock nuts. Rack must be removed to put rear seat down (in TJ). Rear seat must remain folded.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this cargo rack for better rear storage. The rack is large, sturdy and does include tie-downs for when my TJ's top is off. The rack and brackets are sold separately, and fits both TJs and two-door JKs. They also sell a version for YJs.

I really like the rack, although I had two problems while installing.

First, the supplied black painted lock nuts needed to be replaced. I assume due to that they were painted, the process ruined the nylon/ plastic inside the lock nuts and literally made them as hard as a rock and impossible to drive the screws through them. I ended up replacing the lock nuts with new ones.

Secondly, two of the four supplied knobs with screws in them that fit around the lower part of the roll bars were not long enough due to the padding on the roll bar (the screws on the knobs are about a quarter inch too short). To fix this, I replaced the knobs with longer screws, however having the knobs fit would be better to easier remove the rack when needed.

My hounds can also sit on it when the hardtop is on for a great view. Here they are testing it out.

Dog bed setup for the hounds for a long Jeep trip. I also added a net to keep them from flying forward incase of an emergency stop. They love the view.