#1 · (Edited)
Product Information
Price $162.98
Rating 2
Average Price $156.49
Manufacturer Bestop
Recommended Yes: 1 / No: 1
Company website http://www.quadratec.com/products/12034_214_07.htm

The HighRock 4x4™ Universal Rack Tray can be installed in multiple locations around your Jeep, giving you the versatility to put storage where you want it. Depending on where they're installed, trays can each hold up to 75 pounds of gear. The thermoformed plastic tray is lighter than steel and has better impact resistance. Rounded corners help prevent injury if bumped. Cargo is tightly secured with tie-down straps anchored by installed I-bolts.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $162.98
Rating 4
Pros Much better rear storage!
Great to have the rack to throw stuff on rather then just in the rear seat.
When my hardtop is on, my dogs can sit on it for a great view.
Cons Bad supplied lock nuts.
Rack must be removed to put rear seat down (in TJ). Rear seat must remain folded.
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed this cargo rack for better rear storage. The rack is large, sturdy and does include tie-downs for when my TJ's top is off. The rack and brackets are sold separately, and fits both TJs and two-door JKs. They also sell a version for YJs.

I really like the rack, although I had two problems while installing.

First, the supplied black painted lock nuts needed to be replaced. I assume due to that they were painted, the process ruined the nylon/ plastic inside the lock nuts and literally made them as hard as a rock and impossible to drive the screws through them. I ended up replacing the lock nuts with new ones.

Secondly, two of the four supplied knobs with screws in them that fit around the lower part of the roll bars were not long enough due to the padding on the roll bar (the screws on the knobs are about a quarter inch too short). To fix this, I replaced the knobs with longer screws, however having the knobs fit would be better to easier remove the rack when needed.

#3 ·
Price $150
Rating 1
Pros NONE!
Cons Everything! Made in China, hardware doesnt fit, quality is aweful, poor fit, feels and looks cheap!
Recommended no

Comments: Bought this for my 06 LJ Jeep from 4wd. Site and Bestop told me it would fit my make and model. Wrong! Quality is pathetic like most Bestop products. Hardware didnt fit, brackets didnt come close to fitting, and overall construction was a joke! I wouldnt trust this thing to hold up under its own weight let alone hold any kind of cargo! Shoved it all back into its box and am sending it back ASAP.

Spend your money elsewhere! Buy American!

Feel free to ask me about it - if this review wasn't a good enough modivator to never buy this product!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.