post #1 of Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
militiamedic
proving Darwin wrong

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Auto Meter 2640 Z-Series

Auto Meter Z-Series Trans Temperature Gauge gives us a temperature reading of the fluid as it comes out of the transmission pump and before it is sent to the cooler. The only way to correctly monitor your transmission's fluid temperature is with a gauge. Auto Meter Z-series features Auto Meter's trademark Super Bezel in an attractive black finish with a red pointer and white lettering for easy visibility. The Z-series gauges carry-on the high performance look in an understated way. It can be mounted in optional panels, gauge pods or mounting cups. Bronze bourdon tube 270 degree sweep movements and durable nylon gearing have made these rugged and long lasting gauges a proven high performance favorite for over 25 years. These mechanical gauges require no electrical power for operation making them an ideal choice for vehicles with no or low powered electrical systems. Auto Meter's performance instruments combine race quality with traditional performance styling. Auto Meter gauges are used in many applications from high endurance racing to every day drivers. These gauges are made to last and look as good as they perform to meet high standards and toughest conditions. This series features a variety of in-dash speedometers, tachometers, and a full assortment of gauges.-from Amazon.com

post #2 of Old 06-16-2008, 03:36 PM
jbeau
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Auto Meter 2640 Z-Series

the gages light up very nice and look awsome in my jeep im happy i went with them!!!!!!! i can not remeber how much i paid for everything but it was prob around a 1,000 for all of the gages!
post #3 of Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM
CJ7Rubicon

1985 CJ7 

Auto Meter 2640 Z-Series

Great tachometer with programmable shift light.......................................
post #4 of Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Richfromla
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Auto Meter 2640 Z-Series

Just speedo and Tach. auto meter doen't make but one speedo for jeeps (unless your goes 120+) as for the tach same story at least for the 258
post #5 of Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 PM
todbld
1984 CJ7 

I replaced al the gauges with the Autometer Z series. Swapped out the Water Temp, Volts, Oil Pressure & Tach. All work perfect and install was easy. only real work was swapping out the new water temp probe in the cylinder head and Oil pressure sending unit. Fitment was great.