Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Smitty Bilt XRC Seats

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Smitty Bilt XRC Seats Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Smitty Bilt XRC Seats

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $269.30
Manufacturer: Smitty Bilt
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 3

Aftermarket seats with five point harness mounts

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

HS108
HS108's Reviews

07-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Price: $269.00
Pros: None
Recommended? No

Comments: Beware, these XRC seats do not fit a 97-02 TJ, every website states that it does, but it does not, I call smittybilt, they say oh no those dont fit your jeep, I tell them right on their website that it does, guy tells me ya we need to work on that.... Really because now im looking at a 300 paper weight.

Just trying to get the info out there, so you dont end up like me

VinceInVA

VinceInVA's Reviews
07-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Look sharp (still new) Swamp ass reduced over vinyl
Cons: Recliner knob is a pain to manipulate.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over all satisfied with the seats but the adapter brackets came with different bolts and directions were wrong/different than what I had to work with.

Guntar

Guntar's Reviews
05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Price: $229.00
Pros: Adjustable
Cons: none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not XRC product. It was this

Smittybilt 45017 Denim Spice Factory Style Replacement Front Seat.

JeepinJeremy

JeepinJeremy's Reviews
02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Price: $279.99
Pros: FREE trade some old yj seats to jacoby22 for them Heavy duty Look brand new and only cost me $20 bucks
Cons: Theyneeded seat covers cost me 10.00 each at 4wheel parts Jacoby22 was pissed. Had to buy corbeau seat risers so my head did not go higher that the roll bar Those were not cheap $200.00 out the door. Should have build my own risers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would only recomend these to someone if they got them cheap. If I had to pay full price I would be in $700.00 range for these seats. There not worth that. Lucky for me i'm into them for a third of that. Other that that great seat.

garyolsen
garyolsen's Reviews

10-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Look Nice
Cons: They are too high.
Recommended? No

Comments: They are so high I can barely get my legs past the wheel getting in/out. I'm 6'5" tall so reaching the pedals is no prob, but height is too much, they're going back.
Anyone suggest a comparable seat in vinyl that is the oem height??

bugazon
bugazon's Reviews
06-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: Stylish, comfortable, Cheap
Cons: Sit too tall for a person of 5' 8" and below. recline mechanism doesn't stay locked with a lot of pressure
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These seats look nice and are very inexpensive for a budget jeeper. bolt directly to the stock CJ frame. I had to add body shims to the seats to make them fit. No problem there. Being 5'7", the seat sit too high up and I couldn't reach the pedals. So I added a lower back support, everything is good. The rachet mechanism is a little cheap. If a ton of pressure is put on the seat back, it could come out of position. I have had no problem while wheeling and find the seat comfortable even with the short falls. If your on a budget, they are a decent alternative as they are an identical seat to the mastercrafts.

ChuckTe
ChuckTe's Reviews
05-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Very comfortable
Cons: Brass grommets fall out
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like these seats for the price. I have had a couple of grommets fall out that are there for no apparent reason. My friends complain that they are to narrow but I just tell them to work on their child bearing hips.

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Easy to install, Look good, Comfotable, 5 pt Harness compatible
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These seats were a really easy install. I like that they still allow the seats to recline and the seats also pull forward to allow people into the back seat.

95YJohn
95YJohn's Reviews
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: better than destroyed originals
Cons: faded within first 2 months!!!! rubs on Tuffy center console
Recommended? No

Comments: I think I would tell someone to spend the extra money. Mostly because of the fading. I wanted black seats, they were grey like old jeans within two months
I feel I paid too much to have seats that don't look sharp.
They rub on the tuffy center console which causes serious damage on the sides. This is NOT Smittybilt's fault as I am sure they were built with stock consoles in mind, but I wanted to put it out there.

spd500
spd500's Reviews

03-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Smitty Bilt XRC Seats
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not bad , but do not leave much room for a center console between the seats . They do sit higher than the original style seats .