Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Rugged Ridge - Rugged Ridge RRC Reclining Racing Seat

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Rugged Ridge - Rugged Ridge RRC Reclining Racing Seat Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Rugged Ridge - Rugged Ridge RRC Reclining Racing Seat

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $280.00
Average Price: $173.33
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.ruggedridgeoffroad.com

I purchased this seat because it was cheap and looked like the Corbeau Baja RS. I could not find any reviews online, so I hope this review will help someone not make the mistake that I did.
It is a complete piece of junk. I purchased the adapter bracket along with it for my TJ. After installation, the seat sits up ~3" higher than the stock one. I'm 6'3" tall and my head touched the rollbar.
The seat is like a rock. I would compare it to the stiffness of a metal folding chair. I have never sat in a automotive seat this hard before.
The seat bottom is shaped like a W and the center section sits so high that it will probably ruin your prostate (if you're a dude).
Overall, it's a POS. Do not buy one.

I returned it and bought a Corbeau Baja RS and it's 20x better.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

ruckus5-0

ruckus5-0's Reviews
12-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: price
Cons: Sits very close to steering wheel, I need to drill new holes in the bracket to scoot it back a bit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good Seats, I purchased front two and back. cant beat the price for all three for $400 from Collins Bro's Jeeps

texs4x4

texs4x4's Reviews
04-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Comfort, lumbar,good fit
Cons: bracket raises the seat too high
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Geat seats. Comfort is outstanding! They fit snug around the body and I enjoy the lumbar support. I don't care much for the added height of the install brackets.

JEEP89YJ
JEEP89YJ's Reviews
12-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Price: $244.99
Pros: Adjustable lumbar support, thick side bolsters
Cons: No factory match colors
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These seats are a long awaited upgrade. Anyone will tell you stock jeeps seats are junk when you get off road. The seats look great, I got the black w/ grey fabric insert. Lumbar support is a great upgrade. And the side bolsters are great. They keep you in the seat, but getting in and out is a breeze. I would deffinetly recommend these seats as a great upgrade with out the high price.