Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Mastercraft Baja RS

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Mastercraft Baja RS Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Mastercraft Baja RS

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $665.11
Manufacturer: Mastercraft
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

Mastercrafts reclining bucket seats.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

AntiPrius
AntiPrius's Reviews
05-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Excellent build quality, very comfortable, and they retain all of the stock seat capabilities.
Cons: A royal pain to install the seats onto the additional brackets that adapt them to the stock slider/tilt mechanisms. At least for 97-02 TJ's.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The seats look great, are available in a number of color combo's if desired, although I chose all black. They are quite comfortable, and a definite upgrade over the factory seats. They recline, tilt, and basically do everything the factory seats can do.

The only real difficult part of the install, is getting the seats mounted to the factory sliders via the optional brackets. Everything else went smooth, once I figured out the rather vague instructions. The first seat took about 4 hours, with part of that having to do some manual drilling since my drill took a dump, but the second seat was about 2 hours, with a new drill. You only need to drill one hole per seat, to adapt a handle to function as the tilt mechanism to replace the factory pull handle on the factory seat.

It seems 03-06 TJ's are quite a bit easier, but it was still worth the effort. Suspension seats, even over speed bumps and whatnot make their benefits known. Yes, the seats are not cheap, but so far seem worth the cost and effort.

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: comfortable, sylish, 5 point harness
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very comfortable and with stock brackets lifts you up 1"

jmhall79
jmhall79's Reviews
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Great Construction and finish
Cons: A bit narrow for large framed people
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy overall, just wish they were a bit wider.

60perry
60perry's Reviews
12-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: very comfy and sweet to install
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Mastercraft R/S seats are GREAT. We us them 12 hrs a day when trail riding and rock crawling. They are totally adjustable and have SUPERIOR SUPPORT for the back and hips.

Loser1

Loser1's Reviews

11-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Comfortable...bolsters....adjustable....reputation....
Cons: Adapter brackets raise seat about 1 inch....not a really big deal, used to it now.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Went to a 4point harness and wanted new seats. The factory seats were getting a bit worn. The adaptor brackets lifted the seat about an inch but quickly got used to the additional height. Also ordered with the lumbar support to change the seating position during longer trips.

The MasterCraft were a bit more expensive than comparable seats, but I have never read/heard a bad review and didn't want to gamble on a less expensive seat. Also added the matching rear seat cover (to retain the fold and tumble).

Again, very comfortable and would recommend.

GOTROX
GOTROX's Reviews
07-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Heated, Custom color, Extremely comfortable for all day or week long wheeling events
Cons: fairly pricey, but worth it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are teh most comfortable seats I have owned. Heated, Reclining, lumbar support, 5-point harness capable. With the heaters on, I don't worry too much abut having a top - even in winter.

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews

11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Mastercraft Baja RS
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Comfortable but tight (for me). It is hard to get in and out as the sides are high and hard. They tend to crush your testicles when getting out if you are not careful or if you rush !!

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews

08-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Mastercraft Baja RS
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best out there, highly recommended, pricey but worth it, go and get a couple

emcvay
emcvay's Reviews

07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Tough as nails, repairable, holds you in place.
Cons: Not as comfortable as I'd like it to be for a $500+ seat. Also not wide enough for someone as big as me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little stiff and the mounts were a tad tall but otherwise this is one fine seat! I bought it because I'm 265lbs and break cheap seats constantly. Mastercraft has made a seat I don't see breaking! And it's pretty comfortable too!.

Update: After two years of use the seat did finally break. It was my fault though, as I'm 270lbs and pushed against it a little too hard! However, my neighbor was able to weld it back together and the local upholstery shop stapled the straps under the seat back on. Fixing it wasn't difficult and I've tried hard not to push so hard against it (when trying to get my wallet out after sitting down -- something I just avoid now by taking it out first -- you'd have to be there I guess)....