Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Corbeau Moab

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Corbeau Moab Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Corbeau Moab

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $437.50
Manufacturer: Corbeau
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 2

The Moab Jeep® Seat was designed as a direct bolt-in to CJ and YJ Jeeps® but will work in any other vehicle with Corbeau custom brackets. For those of you who own Jeeps® and drive them off-road, you know how bad those stock seats can be. We took the stock Jeep® Seat, added harness slots, made the bolsters more aggressive, and with that came the Moab Jeep® Seat. The Moab has moderate thigh bolsters making it easy to get in and out of . At the same time, once you are in the seat there will be minimal body shifting. The Moab is available in matching stock Jeep® black, tan, spice, and charcoal fabrics. We have a matching rear seat (Safari) that is also a direct bolt-in to CJ and YJ Jeeps®. As a rule of thumb, the Moab will fit up to a 40-inch waist. The Moab Jeep® Seat is available in Vinyl, Vinyl/Cloth Combo, and Neoprene materials.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Toine
Toine's Reviews
07-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Price: $279.00
Pros: Long sitting
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have the neoprene with the inflatable lumbar and 4 point retractable harnas, still excellent after 5 years.

theorvs
theorvs's Reviews

09-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good seats
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Corbeau Good Seats

MrWhitaker0619

MrWhitaker0619's Reviews
06-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Comfy,Price
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Put these in after my stockers started getting pretty worn. They are very easy to clean and install. I got the vinyl ones for that reason. Sat in them for the 20hr trip to Kansas and had no complaints very comfortable.

goarmy81cj7
goarmy81cj7's Reviews

04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Firm Good Feel better than old
Cons: changes ride height bolsters are pretty firm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price I was hoping to feel better about the seats, there were somewhat difficult to put in but that was mostly because of the condition of my previous seats.

My wife seems to like them and the harness vs. seatbelt makes her feel safer. We like them for the most part.

Black Neoprene Moab.

har99
har99's Reviews

12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Price: $572.00
Pros: comfortable
Cons: neoprene fades too quick
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice comfortable seats, the bad is that neoprene faded quick!

RustedWrangler
RustedWrangler's Reviews

09-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Great seat, very comfortable, seat reclines vs. stock which did not.
Cons: Nothing to bad: seats make you sit around 2-3 inches higher than stock (I'm 6'3" 2-3 inches lower would have been cool for me!). When you recline the seat they do rub the roll bar, but they recline!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These seats are very comfortable, I love that the back is much taller than stock so I actually have some whiplash protection. Slots for shoulder belts are high enough for me (6'3").

I installed the passenger seat first to see how much higher I would sit. The seat sits you 2-3 inches higher than stock--bad for me, ok for anyone under 6 feet. I ended up leaving off the dirver slider to drop the seat down about 1.5 inches. I had to drill two new holes in the stock seat carrier, but that is easy.

I got the cloth seat, I went back and forth and ordered the neoprene, but found out it was backordered so went with the cloth which was my initial inclination.

I wheel a lot and am not super picky about the interior so I will post up in a few months after it has been mudded, rained on, rock crawled and generally beat to hell.

HaskiE

Thread Reviver
HaskiE's Reviews
08-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Waterproof black vinyl, folding and tumble riser-compatible
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these seats! They're very comfortable, and sit higher, they do put my legs a little closer to the steering wheel than I find comfortable, and I'm not fat; I would recommend a tilt steering wheel (I'm looking for one myself because of this reason) but it is still drivable by every means; just a little tougher getting in and out; (sliding my jacked thigh under the wheel I've got stuck once or twice) also did the tumble riser swap in, originally my seat only slid forward and back, that may have raise the seat also.

thord
thord's Reviews
04-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Pros: Recline, stock color (everything else faded though)
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great

surfingopher
surfingopher's Reviews

04-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros:  i got black vinyl even though i live in ga. i just like the look of the vinyl better- so for me it was worth it even though they do get warm but not really hot unless you were to sit on em naked. i love the look of em they really do make the jeep look a lot nicer over stock. i get compliments on them all the time. some people might think theyre expensive but i think compared to other aftermarket seats you really cant beat em. also, corbeau customer service is excellent and they responded very quickly to any questions i had about they seats before i purchased them. Cons: brackets are pretty expensive for what they are. anyone with basic welding skills could easily make their own. the brackets sit you a litle bit higher but i actually like the additional hight.
Cons:  brackets are pretty expensive for what they are. anyone with basic welding skills could easily make their own. the brackets sit you a litle bit higher but i actually like the additional hight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really great seats! they take a good bit of break in time but overall theyre pretty comfortable. they provide good lumbar support which help with my posture which i really like- especially on long trips. they look 10x better than my ugly dark tan seats but without being to fancy or flashy. theyre also a little bit thinner with adds more legroom for the backseat.

gunshw301

gunshw301's Reviews

04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Price: $430.00
Pros: Look nice, fit well on existing frame of yj, easy to clean
Cons: Thin back compared to stock, thin seat compared to stock. There is some sort of bar down low that pushes on your back. Not very comfortable, dog put a nail tear through the seat after first use.
Recommended? No

Comments: I have had these for about a year now. I got the black vinyl. First thing I noticed was the back rest is very thin compared to stock. Kind of cheap looking when you see them up close. Far away they look great. Dog put a nail tear in the seat the first ride he took. Never even marked up the stock seat after 3 years of use. Super glued it back together and now he sits in back. They are showing some cushion wear, kinda sad because I only have about 1,500 miles on the jeep since I installed these. For the money they arent terrible, but for a few bucks more better seats can be had that will save your back and butt some pain.

surfingopher
surfingopher's Reviews

01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: i got black vinyl even though i live in ga. i just like the look of the vinyl better- so for me it was worth it even though they do get warm but not really hot unless you were to sit on em naked. i love the look of em they really do make the jeep look a lot nicer over stock. i get compliments on them all the time. some people might think theyre expensive but i think compared to other aftermarket seats you really cant beat em. also, corbeau customer service is excellent and they responded very quickly to any questions i had about they seats before i purchased them.
Cons: brackets are pretty expensive for what they are. anyone with basic welding skills could easily make their own. the brackets sit you a litle bit higher but i actually like the additional hight.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really great seats! they take a good bit of break in time but overall theyre pretty comfortable. they provide good lumbar support which help with my posture which i really like- especially on long trips. they look 10x better than my ugly dark tan seats but without being to fancy or flashy. theyre also a little bit thinner with adds more legroom for the backseat.

green89yj
green89yj's Reviews
12-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Cloth. Neoprene. and Vinyl available. Good reclining mechanism. Firm but not uncomfortable. Get lots of compliments. Colorfast to scotchguard which was necessary because I got cloth and wanted water to bead up on the surface. Easy to clean up.
Cons: Cloth absorbs water. Vinyl gets hot. Neoprene can get pretty stank. Sits higher than stock which could be good or bad for you. I just keep the big plastic bags that PORC sent them in in the map pockets so I can just pull them out and cover the seats up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got cloth so I'm not expecting them to get super hot in the summer which is a must in Ga. They clean up easy. I sprayed them with Kiwi Kwik Dry scotchguard stuff. The water seems to bead up very well and brush right off. Very comfortable and supportive. They sit a little higher than stock so If you are looking for a seat lift this would be good for you. Reclining is nice and easy to adjust. All my friends love them and I get compliments all the time.

green89yj
green89yj's Reviews
12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Price: $420.00
Pros: I got cloth so I'm not expecting them to get super hot in the summer which is a must in Ga. They clean up easy. I sprayed them with Kiwi Kwik Dry scotchguard stuff. The water seems to bead up very well and brush right off. Very comfortable and supportive. They sit a little higher than stock so If you are looking for a seat lift this would be good for you. Reclining is nice and easy to adjust. All my friends love them and I get compliments all the time.
Cons: I purchased cloth so water doesn't just repel right off. A little scotchguard helped but I still covered them up with the big plastic bags that they came packaged in from PORC.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got cloth so I'm not expecting them to get super hot in the summer which is a must in Ga. They clean up easy. I sprayed them with Kiwi Kwik Dry scotchguard stuff. The water seems to bead up very well and brush right off. Very comfortable and supportive. They sit a little higher than stock so If you are looking for a seat lift this would be good for you. Reclining is nice and easy to adjust. All my friends love them and I get compliments all the time.

mwhanson
mwhanson's Reviews
08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Price: $279.00
Pros: Feel great...reasonably priced compared to some other seats.
Cons: Fit great for me...but not so much for larger people, they have seats for all different sizes. Must buy in pairs...but usually that's what you'll need.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great seats...I bought the neoprene since the web site I purchased from (4wd.com) was running 20% off...they have net pockets on the back, recline, mount right up to existing brakets (although I had to make some changes due to the age of my CJ), sell seat brackets if needed for all types of vehicles. One of the top seats in the industry!

brownmice
brownmice's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Corbeau Moab
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Direct bolt and very comfy.Fit nicely with cener security console.No added hight same hight as stock so big bellies and short legs no prblem. Black neoprene is what i got.$ 400 pairs.

softop
softop's Reviews

03-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Corbeau Moab
Recommended? No

Comments: cannot wait to get my money back.............................................. .................................................. ...