Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Corbeau - Corbeau Baja XRS Suspension Seats

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Corbeau - Corbeau Baja XRS Suspension Seats Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Corbeau - Corbeau Baja XRS Suspension Seats

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $502.83
Manufacturer: Corbeau
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 3
Company Website: http://www.corbeau.com

Great seats at a good price. Much more comfortable than stock and provide great support in the seat.

Attachment 449071

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bbacus
bbacus's Reviews

07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Looks and feels good
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks like there may be some problems with these seats in some tj's. I just installed 2 front seats and not a problem with fit. They go back all the way and recline all the way too. My tj is stricly stock. I didn't buy the adapter, because it would raise the seat up too high. I bought the complete bracket and everything went together quickly and smoothly. No tilt. That's not an issue for me.

Seats are nice looking and comfortable. Will get back to you on wear and durability. So far so good.

Wildtaco
Wildtaco's Reviews

07-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Pros: Great seats, well built comfortable, fast shipping
Cons: have not found any yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Review of the Corbeau Baja XRS seats.

I have read a lot of negative reviews about how poorly the Baja XRS seats fit in the 97-2006 Jeep TJ's, JP magazine even did an article. regardless I sat in these seats at my local shop and had to have them. I got them for a fair price and brought them home.

Now being that I take my TJ off road and things break from time to time an off road enthusiast needs to be able to fix things and sometimes modify them.

This being said I have mounted my Courbeau Baja XRS seats in my 1997 Jeep TJ and the slide back an inch further than the stock seats did and the fully recline. How is this possible?

With the seats mounted slide them all the way back till the recline lever hits the roll bar, mark the range where it hits. Now for all you squeamish or non adventurous types turn back now.

Get a Big Hammer and relieve the roll bar in a about a 1/2 inch between your marks.

Viola! your seats will now slide all the way back.

If you are worried about modifying your roll bar look at the many other points where the factory either changes its shape or dills holes in it.

The roll and tumble still works, I do have to reach under and hit the lever manually at this point but I will make it easier access in the future.

I do like how the adapter sit you up a bit higher in the Jeep, I feel this gives me better view of the terrain.

I love the way the Baja XRS seats work, feel, and fit into my TJ.

Tim aka Wildtaco

danielbuck

danielbuck's Reviews

06-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Pros: comfortable, until it broke
Cons: doesn't fit a jeep (a TJ anyway), and absolutely does NOT work with the factory flip and fold.
Recommended? No

Comments: I have the Corbeau Baja XRS. The newer one that is SUPPOSED to be designed for for jeeps. Let me tell you, it's not. At least not a TJ.

First off, if you want to keep the fold and tumble factory setup, your knees will be jammed up into the steering wheel. They don't really tell you this. The seat will literally be several inches higher than before. Not comfortable at all, I could hardly drive the jeep.

And the seat is wider than the factory seat (I have the regular seat, not the wider version), so even with their bracket (or a home made bracket, or the factory flip and fold) in order to get the seat far enough back, the B-pillar roll bar is in the way, so you have to move the seat towards the center console a bit... but I couldn't get it far enough towards the center with the console in there, so I removed the console and made a new (thinner) one out of an ammo box.

After that, it was good. It was comfortable, and solid, I liked it!

But now, a year later or so something is wrong in the folding mechanism of the seat. When I push my back into the seat, the seat leans back a good 3-4 inches, it flexes alot, feels like it's just going to snap and flop all the way back. Mind you I'm not pulling the lever, just resting my back into the seat. It's very loose. I can take my hand and shake the back of the seat, and it moves forward and backwards at least 4 inches. And it's not the mounting of the seat, the mount or the bottom of the seat is NOT flexing. It's the actual folding mechanism in the seat itself.

And on top of that, some of the seat material is coming un-done near the shoulder harness strap holes. And I've not even put a harness in the holes yet, I don't know how the material is coming undone. I suspect this would happen quite a bit faster if a harness were used.

I thought I was buying a good seat that would last. Apparently I was wrong. If I were to get a new seat all over again, I wouldn't get the XRS. Maybe some of the other Corbeau seats are better, but I wouldn't get or recommend the XRS.

So overall, it does NOT really fit a TJ, and the build quality seems to be crummy. The folding mechanism is very loose now and flexes badly, and the seat material itself isn't very good, at least around the harness holes.

scottystj
scottystj's Reviews

09-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Price: $918.00
Pros: Comfortable
Cons: Dont fit a tj, lever and bolster hit roll cage and won't slide all the way back or recline at all due to being too wide for the tj.
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought these from 4wd hardware and had them installed (by a shop). Lever for recliner hits roll bar and I can't slide the seat back enough to drive the jeep. I also can't recline at all since the bolster in the shoulder area also hits the roll bar so seat back is at a 90 degree angle to the seat bottom. This is where it gets GREAT. I called 4wd hardware and told them of my problems and since they had been installed for three days (even though you can't tell there is an issue until you do install them) I was told that I could not return them. When I informed them that you can't tell if they fit or not until they are installed, CUSTOMER SERVICE suggested that since they would not take care of returning them for me my best option would be to sell these seats on Craig's list and buy a different seat from them. I can't believe I was actually told that so be careful dealing with 4wd hardware co. I then called corbeau and they said that yes, the seats do hit where I told them that they hit but still claim that they fit and being able to recline the seat or slide them to the end of the rails is a personal preference. They did tell me that if I bought the seats from them that they would return them but could not help me since I bought them from this outfit called "4wd hardware". Be extra extra careful buying corbeau seats (I'm not knocking the company too bad, it's a beautiful seat and I want so bad to use them, I saved shipping buying from 4wd hardware and that's not their problem). Good luck....and by the way, anybody want to buy some slightly used (3 days old) corbeau xrs seats????????

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
08-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Price: $349.99
Pros: Great support, much more comfortable than stock seats, look great, light weight
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these seats hoping for a more comfortable than stock seat, as well as a much better looking seat. I am very pleased with this purchase, the seats provide much better support than stock, and hold you firmly in the seat off road. I also noticed that they are much lighter than the stock seats when I was changing them out.